Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Favorite packs? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144249)

Reincarnate 04-20-2016 09:08 PM

Favorite packs?

I'm downloading SM on my new laptop -- figured what the hell.

I've been out of the loop for eons now. Which packs do you enjoy most / which ones should I download? (Besides obvious stuff like Keyboard Megapacks, etc)

Walrusizer 04-20-2016 09:11 PM

Re: Favorite packs?

skwid packs until you have mindblocks on every file to the point that they are no longer playable

lurker 04-20-2016 09:17 PM

playing through a pendulum file and not tripping up is great catharsis for me
unfortunately i'm usually dealing with shame from playing stepmania badly
so

Reincarnate 04-20-2016 09:19 PM

lurker: Pendulum Act 1: Hold Your Colour ?

One Winged Angel 04-20-2016 09:22 PM

iirc your hands are kinda fucked right?

how hard do you want to go

Reincarnate 04-20-2016 09:27 PM

My hands have gotten better over the past 5-6 years that I haven't been playing, but I'm not planning on pushing my luck here. So no crazy stamina-draining, vibrating-style files or anything (e.g. never touching stuff like Shind Bad again). I'm looking for MA stuff, mostly.

Gruzzly_Bear 04-20-2016 09:32 PM

fiffer packs on rates for ma are funn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Winged Angel 04-20-2016 09:35 PM

for stuff that's been released since you stopped, definitely grab all the hi19 packs, super revival pack, and untitled stepmania (all pretty much accuracy stuff plus the obligatory 2 or 3 boss charts)

xayy lmao is a fantastic mixture of accuracy + harder stuff worth checking out even if you want to avoid the difficult charts

most people play stuff in the four yolomanias or nuclear blast packs but lots of stamina shit in there... fullerene shift is pretty great but average difficulty is far beyond any older pack (barring vibro shit) so maybe stay away from those unless you wanna just take a quick look and see what hard charts are nowadays (I guess the skwid packs would be good for that too)

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...=133223&page=9 I'm sure you're aware this exists but just in case

Reincarnate 04-20-2016 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 4424749)
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...=133223&page=9 I'm sure you're aware this exists but just in case

Yeah, pretty much just using that link to download a bunch of stuff en masse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 4424749)
for stuff that's been released since you stopped, definitely grab all the hi19 packs, xayy lmao, super revival pack, and untitled stepmania

most people play stuff in the four yolomanias or nuclear blast packs but lots of stamina shit in there... fullerene shift is pretty great but average difficulty is far beyond any older pack (barring vibro shit) so maybe stay away from those unless you wanna just take a quick look and see what hard charts are nowadays (I guess the skwid packs would be good for that too)

Will grab all of these. Thanks. :D

Gundam-Dude 04-20-2016 09:50 PM

packs I often go back to that aren't any older than dark chancellors pack:

- xayy lmao mixtape
- untitled stepmania pack
- odipack 3
- xoon 5
- light chancellors pack 2
- light chancellors pack 3
- piano minipack of elegance
- ffr community pack 4
- ffr community pack summer 2011
- ffr community pack spring 2012
- ffr community pack summer 2012

personally, autumn and winter are my least favourite from the season packs (former had too much japan and winter had a small number of files with only a couple gems). I once created a poll for the idea of compiling a "Best of FFR Seasons pack" but people didn't like the idea, so I dropped it all together.

for the record, I'm pretty much exclusively a MA player.

kommisar 04-21-2016 06:31 AM

xoon 5, odi 1+2, ppp, dcp

pretty much my go-to packs. otherwise it's individual files from a select few packs (mostly gd/moches/wc files)

hi19hi19 04-21-2016 10:12 AM

Definitely don't overlook Piano Minipack of Elegance!
Really interesting files in there. Jimerax's last gift to the arrowsmashing community <3

Also I replied to you in the other thread about my packs :)

Reincarnate 04-21-2016 10:30 AM

I also downloaded the Windeu courses but they don't wanna show up in the game, it seems. This stuff supposed to be under Oni mode? I moved the course folders to (I assume) the right place... under courses. -_-

Downloaded so much stuff yesterday lmao

bboyflames 04-21-2016 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 4424850)

Downloaded so much stuff yesterday lmao

Me and you both. I think I downloaded over 10G worth of simfiles.

moches 04-21-2016 10:37 AM

i am kind of dying right now (#collegelyfe), but i just want to say that i am LOVING this revival of old SM members from decades back! reminds me a lil' bit of the revival we saw around 2013.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 4424832)
xoon 5, odi 1+2, ppp, dcp

pretty much my go-to packs. otherwise it's individual files from a select few packs (mostly gd/moches/wc files)

:3

ps hi Pat

Reincarnate 04-21-2016 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bboyflames (Post 4424852)
Me and you both. I think I downloaded over 10G worth of simfiles.

Probably somewhere around the same here, as well.

Couldn't get Yolomania 4 to unzip for some reason though. May need to redownload.

Superbearhands 04-21-2016 01:37 PM

Stepmania Anime Speedcore Pack 9

V-Ormix 04-21-2016 01:44 PM

I like f4 for I'm a maid ctype remix

Reincarnate 04-22-2016 05:01 PM

Just downloaded some DJ Sharpnel pack, saw that it had Little God Channel, and almost died

MarioNintendo 04-22-2016 05:06 PM

Don't forget to download my undertale pack. It's very popular