Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   3DS Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=138321)

danny53x 07-29-2014 04:23 PM

3DS Games

I've had my 3DS for about half a year and barely touch it. Anyone have a bunch of games they swear by? I'm considering getting Fire Emblem since I enjoyed Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for GBA, and I'm looking for October's Smash title. Pokemon wasn't my cup of tea--but I still haven't finished it. Advice please :???::???::???:

Kraezymann 07-29-2014 05:28 PM

Re: 3DS Games

+1 for Animal Crossing and A Link Between Worlds.

I'm going to pick up Bravely Default soon, really excited to try it out. And Smash Bros!

As for Pokemon... ehh... It's honestly not gonna be a big deal if you don't finish it. I prefer a few of the older ones myself.

MarioNintendo 07-29-2014 05:44 PM

Link Between Worlds should be the first one on your list, I believe.
Fire Emblem comes recommended as well, but damn. The game can be hard if you're dumb like me :P
You could always wait for Smash Bros. coming in 2 months!

danny53x 07-30-2014 05:14 AM

I'm really tempted to just digital download it with my debit card, but at the same time I want a hard copy to go on my bookshelf. Anyone have experience with digital?

AutotelicBrown 07-30-2014 05:25 AM

I bought Rune Factory 4 digital and had no problem whatsoever. But I have to agree having the hard copy simply feels good.

XelNya 07-30-2014 05:38 AM

A link Between worlds and Bravely default for sure.

Maybe monster hunter.

dAnceguy117 07-30-2014 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny53x (Post 4174148)
I'm really tempted to just digital download it with my debit card, but at the same time I want a hard copy to go on my bookshelf. Anyone have experience with digital?

No idea if I'm in the majority on this issue, but I would advise against purchasing digital versions of retail games on Nintendo consoles. If you lose your 3DS or drop it in the pool... poof! Games are gone. Sinking a couple hundred dollars into attaining a handful of games only seems like a safe investment to me if I have the option to replace the hardware and keep those games.

edit: scroll down oops

edit2: Here's my revised take on physical versus digital copies of 3DS games. With either format, you should make the purchase with the understanding that you may not have the game forever. A broken console would need to be sent to Nintendo regardless; you should be able to keep all of your purchased games. A lost or stolen console probably means you lose all of your digital purchases made on that console, although having a police report might help your chances. In the same vein, though, losing physical cartridges along with the 3DS would be likely. Losing games without losing a console is quite possible as well.

In any case, I guess the ideal practice would be to finish the games you care about before you lose or destroy them! I prefer physical copies of 3DS games over digital, but the convenience of getting to play stuff you download immediately is pretty rad. Oh, and digital copies of retail games take up space, I think. The stock SD card might not cut it for those who download their games.

Charu 07-30-2014 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 4173772)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is really good. On top of the original game being one of the best recent platformers, the 3DS version does away with having to flick the wiimote over and over to roll. Also it adds some new levels which are p dec. Mario 3D Land and Link Between Worlds were enjoyable as well.

Eh, it could get annoying, but I really think the Wii one is the better of the two since, well, it can be played on a bigger screen, dohoho.

If you're a fan of Phoenix Wright, try out Dual Destinies.

JohnRedWolf87 07-30-2014 08:10 AM

Mario Kart 7, if you're into racing games.

AutotelicBrown 07-30-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 4174158)
No idea if I'm in the majority on this issue, but I would advise against purchasing digital versions of retail games on Nintendo consoles. If you lose your 3DS or drop it in the pool... poof! Games are gone. Sinking a couple hundred dollars into attaining a handful of games only seems like a safe investment to me if I have the option to replace the hardware and keep those games.

If you contact Nintendo identifying your system serial and account they actually help you out recovering your digital purchases on a new system in case of irrecoverable hardware failure. Other than that, there's already a tool to transfer all your purchases to another system.

It's definitely worse than something like Steam, but not THAT bad.

Not to mention that a couple of relevant titles are digital-only.

One Winged Angel 07-30-2014 09:19 AM

streetpass mii plaza

Toxophilis 07-30-2014 09:37 AM

Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Final Fantasy Theatrhythm and Virtue's Last Reward would be my top 3 recommended

axith 07-30-2014 09:45 AM

My most played game on 3ds is Monster Hunter 3u by far. It takes some time to get used to the controls and timings of everything, but it's that challenge that makes it such a satisfying game.

Most of the other things I play on my 3ds are little silly games that I like mostly for the art style such as gunman clive.

I'm psyched for Smash Bros though.