Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   3DS Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=130392)

MarioNintendo 05-30-2013 10:11 PM

3DS Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons

It's that day, people. The day where you put FFR down, even though the notes will be posted in the next hour. The day where you buy a 3ds if you haven't already, and where you shell out $10 to play the greatest piece of video game adventure in history, namely, the Zelda Oracle of ages/Seasons series.

Seriously, this is my favorite Zelda ever (yes, ever (yes, EVER)) and I am super glad they are releasing it again. With the game link feature, you'll spend hours finishing the same games to different results. It is amazing, transcendental, even. And if you need any more reason to get this,

Anyone else has anything to share about these? Gosh, this might be an FFR forum, there is no reason not to embrace the true greatness of these.

HalfStep 05-30-2013 10:13 PM

Re: 3DS Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Fuck the 3DS.
Seasons was baller tho, I still play it sometimes ~

(I thought this thread was about a remake of Seasons/Ages on 3DS, atleast it's just the same game)

~kitty~ 05-30-2013 10:34 PM

I'm tempted to buy it, but I think I'll buy it after Summer is over (even though I'll be spending $2 more on it). Reason why I wont get it now are purely financial.

MarioNintendo 05-30-2013 11:45 PM

You should buy it. I'll give you ten bucks, sure.

~kitty~ 05-31-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3914648)

Hahaha, what? You don't need to do that. I'll get it eventually for sure.

MarioNintendo 05-31-2013 01:34 AM

By the way, in the image in the spoilers, the game boy color is an exact 1:1 "replica". Feels insane. Putting 3D will feels like you're holding the damn thing! It's genius.

JohnRedWolf87 05-31-2013 05:05 AM

Sweet! Those are like the only Zelda games I'm missing.

T-Force 05-31-2013 03:38 PM

Picked up Seasons because I had like $6 left of credit left.
Gotta go find another one of those $20 cards to get Ages.
Also, they're $5 until June 20th before they go to probably $6 (same price as Link's Awakening).

Seriously, my 3Ds has so much Zelda now, it's not even funny.

MarioNintendo 05-31-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Force (Post 3914938)
Picked up Seasons because I had like $6 left of credit left.
Gotta go find another one of those $20 cards to get Ages.
Also, they're $5 until June 20th before they go to probably $6 (same price as Link's Awakening).

Seriously, my 3Ds has so much Zelda now, it's not even funny.

You know you could just add the necessary amount of money you need with a credit card? :P That's what I always do. PS, how did you like Seasons so far? I just finished Dungeon 5. rawr I love it.

Arkuski 05-31-2013 06:01 PM

Hardcore Boner.

Oh wait, VirtualBoy.

T-Force 05-31-2013 06:02 PM

I could, but I prefer the card because it keeps me budgeted, and I don't go crazy on credit.

And I'm too busy playing Golden Sun to hit it up yet.

Winrar 05-31-2013 06:04 PM

Unless there's a hard copy of this I won't be getting it. I have no wifi to get these games and no time to sit somewhere and wait for it to download.

Fluvs 05-31-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3914648)

Give me ten dollars I haven't played these two games yet

No seriously I have never played it at all D:

igotrhythm 05-31-2013 09:52 PM

Oracle of Ages/Seasons is what happens when Capcom manages to get their hands on the Legend of Zelda franchise. This was back in 2001 when they didn't have their heads up their asses.

So you KNOW it's gonna be awesome. :D

~kitty~ 05-31-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winrar (Post 3915031)
Unless there's a hard copy of this I won't be getting it. I have no wifi to get these games and no time to sit somewhere and wait for it to download.

It's a really small file, though. If you did have wifi, you wouldn't have to wait that long at all. Just saying.

Garquillex 06-1-2013 12:55 PM

I actually find the Oracle games to be a big disappointment compared to Link's Awakening. The dungeons disappointed me and felt very unnatural, the bosses disappointed me, the overworld in Seasons disappointed me. Although I did love the time travel & overworld in Ages.

I just replayed them both over the last year

MarioNintendo 06-1-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garquillex (Post 3915417)
I actually find the Oracle games to be a big disappointment compared to Link's Awakening. The dungeons disappointed me and felt very unnatural, the bosses disappointed me, the overworld in Seasons disappointed me. Although I did love the time travel & overworld in Ages.

I just replayed them both over the last year

To each his own, I guess. :) I purchased Link's Awakening last year and so far I don't dig it that much. I find it really confusing and the engine flows better in the Oracle games, even though its the same exact engine they used.

T-Force 06-1-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winrar (Post 3915031)

Seasons took a minute maximum to fully download for me so there's no long wait times.

Garquillex 06-1-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3915433)
To each his own, I guess. :) I purchased Link's Awakening last year and so far I don't dig it that much. I find it really confusing and the engine flows better in the Oracle games, even though its the same exact engine they used.

They lead you around like a dog in the oracle games. I love how natural LA is and how less direct everything is.

the world is so damn natural

xMUSICxMASTERx 06-1-2013 07:03 PM

Ages/seaons were amazing hnjdsbvfhcdjns I miss them. Definitely going to play them again soon.