Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Stepmania (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Keyboard Suggestions!! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=129521)

Shadow_God_10 03-20-2013 10:01 AM

Keyboard Suggestions!!

I'm sick of getting bs misses -_-" I need a new keyboard and wasn't sure which area to put it in..

right now I have some fucking 12 dollar digiboy Korean keyboard and it sucks.

Any suggestions?

kommisar 03-20-2013 10:01 AM

Re: Keyboard Suggestions!!

qpad

krunkykai22 03-20-2013 10:16 AM

Get Staian's keyboard, just sayin. It's a god given beast. (:

EDIT: I have the K120 from Logitech. It was 12 dollars at wal-mart. This has been one of the best keyboards I've ever used lol (Credit goes to Halogen for telling me to try it) Other then that, prices for a good keyboard can get pricey. But, logitech is mainly where it's at, in my honest opinion.

Arkuski 03-20-2013 04:04 PM

Laptop son

Arch0wl 03-20-2013 04:05 PM

I did research on this a while back, the K120 is supposed to be very good. I'm looking into buying two of them so that I can play 10-key reliably.

TC_Halogen 03-20-2013 04:06 PM

K120 will serve you well if you don't want to spend a lot of money. It does get tough do handle really high speeds for me, but not because of keyboard limitations -- the amount of force it takes to hit the keys at high speeds is somewhat unforgiving.

If you're really looking into a good keyboard, Plan_Bsk81127's Official Keyboard Thread has a very positive review of the Logitech Ultra X, and samurai7694 absolutely destroys the fuck out of everything using that keyboard. It has been discontinued, but there is an eBay user that has a large quantity of them, located here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Ult...-/150373316730 -- it's a scissor-switch keyboard and will somewhat emulate the feel of a laptop keyboard in terms of response.

I'm not well versed in mechanical keyboards.

Jimmymi1 03-22-2013 11:23 AM

Anything with Brown or Red switches are good if im not completely wrong.

codcrille 03-22-2013 09:06 PM

Got a CM Quickfire with blue switches and I find it absolutely godlike. Haven't tried any other switches or mechanical keyboards at all though so can't really compare it. Since I replaced my old plastic mat shit keyboard with the mechanical one though I've improved loads in a really short time.

Downside is that my neighbours don't find the keytaps as eargasmic as I do, especially not night time so I've stopped playing after 2100 to be a good neighbour after having some angry banking through the floor at 0230 on a weekday.

demonllama6124 03-22-2013 11:29 PM

so whats up with all these switches ppl keep talking about? some users, like me, dont know crap about these kind of things. can someone please go into a little detail as to what these even do for you.

ilikexd 03-22-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonllama6124 (Post 3884176)
so whats up with all these switches ppl keep talking about? some users, like me, dont know crap about these kind of things. can someone please go into a little detail as to what these even do for you.

http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/me...e#post_6009482

I use brown and am very happy with how they perform.

Jonlovesddr 03-22-2013 11:59 PM

logitech k120

EzExZeRo7497 03-23-2013 12:34 AM

I found a mechanical keyboard to be better in the long run than a scissor-switch keyboard. The main drawback about most mechanical keyboards are how sensitive they are, and they give you boos due to how little force you need to register keys. I lost A LOT of AAAs because of that.

For Stepmania, I'd go for the Q-PAD MK-50/80 for mechanical keyboards. There are other good ones too, such as Steelseries 6Gv2, CM Storm QuickFire Pro or the CM Storm QuickFire Rapid. There are different "switches" you can get, blues, reds and browns are the ones that most people use.

I use blues myself, and they're great for MA. The main drawback is that they're extremely prone to double tapping due to their mechanism, which is a nuisance because it'll make CB rushing extremely easy when doing speed files.

Browns and reds are more suited for speed, as far as I know.

Mollocephalus 03-29-2013 02:08 AM

I changed several keyboards and finally found my peace on the alluminium apple keyboard. Yes, it's expensive, but it will serve you for your entire lifetime, no matter how hard you punch it. It's [TeRa]-proof.

Shadow_God_10 03-29-2013 08:39 AM

I got my new laptop and this keyboard is AMAZING. it hasn't given me ANY bs misses or CBs at all. Thanks for your opinions guiez!

Arch0wl 05-3-2013 12:10 AM

So I have a K120 now and the FA/MA is amazing, but I'm wondering what's a good layout for solo. I can't find one that lets me hit all 6 at once. Any suggestions?

Dynam0 05-3-2013 12:38 AM

I used qweiop for 6-key and it always worked fine for me

I use a Steelseries 6Gv2 with reds and it's been great although my first setup has worn out and the 'k' key is really messed up response wise. I've had the thing for about 2 months now.

axith 05-3-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch0wl (Post 3900512)
So I have a K120 now and the FA/MA is amazing, but I'm wondering what's a good layout for solo. I can't find one that lets me hit all 6 at once. Any suggestions?

zxc & 123 (on the numpad) works great for me (on the k120).

icontrolyourworld 05-15-2013 12:33 AM

i'd like to drop in and confirm the logitech ultraflat x is a wonderful keyboard!

after not playing for a long time and then finally playing on it it was easy to get some really nice scores on, and you only have to top softly!

PriestREA 05-15-2013 12:34 AM

Corsair K90 Red switches
treats me well