Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Ask Me Anything (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   AMA - samurai (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=125961)

samurai7694 09-16-2012 11:03 PM

AMA - samurai

there's a subforum now so I guess it's ok for me to make one even though I wasn't planning to.

shoot :mrgreen:

00Razor00 09-16-2012 11:12 PM

Re: AMA - samurai

Favorite kind of donut?

eastsideman09 09-16-2012 11:13 PM

How long have you been making files? I've been relatively out of the loop lol

samurai7694 09-16-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subin (Post 3770203)
How long will I have to play until I can become as good as you?

Hmmm, for me to give an approximate amount of time....I would have to say about 6-12 months of rigorous stepmania training (working on weaknesses, accuracy, and stamina). FailOff is fine if you continue playing through. A secret of mine was to make charts of my own to practice on. I played stepmania for about 3 hours minimum daily and kept playing until I saw a huge improvement. p.s. I will admit that I sweat a lot just by warming up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00Razor00 (Post 3770240)
Favorite kind of donut?

As lame as it sounds, just an old fashioned glazed donut. I like jelly-filled but sometimes it's too sweet for me to finish or eat another one lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastsideman09 (Post 3770247)
How long have you been making files? I've been relatively out of the loop lol

About 5 years. My very first file I think dates back to 2007 when I got a hold of stepmania, and when I say I was making my own charts at that time, it was basically ripping off of uploaded files from the FFR simfile database and putting patterns that I thought was fun.

eastsideman09 09-16-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7694 (Post 3770320)
About 5 years. My very first file I think dates back to 2007 when I got a hold of stepmania, and when I say I was making my own charts at that time, it was basically ripping off of uploaded files from the FFR simfile database and putting patterns that I thought was fun.

I sort of did the same thing back in the day lol.
I would take songs that I liked, usually popular files, and put my own spin on them, and poop them into the DB.

Hateandhatred 09-17-2012 02:43 AM

What do you think of me? =)

samurai7694 09-17-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateandhatred (Post 3770625)
What do you think of me? =)

I think you're a chill guy who I would like to meet someday along with a HUGE list of FFR peeps, which I might do next year hopefully (samurai FFR world tour). Our conversations just sometimes go back to back with random banter and sometimes it just ends with a ridiculous inside joke or a dog picture of some kind xD

TC_Halogen 09-17-2012 12:55 PM

If you had the chance to play another musical instrument, what would it be and why?

samurai7694 09-17-2012 01:51 PM

the two questions below is a cross-post from another thread since this counts as a question towards me:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 3770967)
I have two questions for you that are actually quite related: what is your greatest fear, and what toppings do you usually order on your average pizza?

My greatest fear is to get stung by a bee or wasp (scorpions too I guess but they don't bother me as much as bees or wasps since they fly). Just to listen to one close to my ears gives me a shock and leads me to the point of crying. It's tough for me to even get a haircut in the back of my head sometimes when the barber uses electric clippers.

Recently, I had a strong craving for Hawaiian pizza (ham and pineapples). I used to just order plain cheese pizza but the pineapples give it that extra sweet flavor which I enjoy and tried for the first time just a few months ago :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3771001)
If you had the chance to play another musical instrument, what would it be and why?

Drums, as in the whole set (snare, cymbals, hi hat, bass kick, toms, etc). It is the heartbeat of music, and I can visualize myself just letting out a ton of energy on fast songs.

MarioNintendo 09-17-2012 02:00 PM

why 7694, are there that much samurais on FFR?

samurai7694 09-17-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3771058)
why 7694, are there that much samurais on FFR?

lol, 7694 in my username comes from my date of birth 7-6-94 (m-d-yy). I wish I can go back and change it to TheSamurai because a random word + dob numbers is unoriginal :/

Hateandhatred 09-17-2012 02:16 PM

If I blew my brain with a shotgun (SURGERAYYYY) would you PLEASE take the pieces of my skull and make beautiful necklace for my family? Please?

Please.

PLEASEE.

On a serious note, what would you like to do in an eventual meetup? =) I could maybe go tour the US with my trusty vroom vroom, and I could head down to Florida - maybe!

Has your dad thrown out other stuff that made you rage recently?

What is your common way of transport?

Are you now prepared for the Swedish cold?

Do you like my new cat Älis? =)

samurai7694 09-17-2012 02:47 PM

Oh dear that picture lmao.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateandhatred (Post 3771073)
1. If I blew my brain with a shotgun (SURGERAYYYY) would you PLEASE take the pieces of my skull and make beautiful necklace for my family? Please? Please.

2. On a serious note, what would you like to do in an eventual meetup? =) I could maybe go tour the US with my trusty vroom vroom, and I could head down to Florida - maybe!

3. Has your dad thrown out other stuff that made you rage recently?

4. What is your common way of transport?

5. Are you now prepared for the Swedish cold?

6. Do you like my new cat Älis? =)

1. I'm not sure if I should take that question seriously. If that indeed was your last request, then maybe. As demented as it sounds...lol....

2. If you drove down to meet up with me, I'd be more than delighted to show you around the city and check out restaurants and live entertainment in downtown Miami. If you show up during October, then we can go to Orlando (5 hour drive from my house) and go to amusement parks with Halloween themes, scare zones, and roller coasters. Maybe in the merchandise stores you can find a nice necklace made with bones ;)

3. Aside from my legendary Dell Inspiron Windows XP laptop, most likely yes. Chances are he also threw away my entire card collection of Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon cards. He's a clean freak who won't ask anyone if it's okay to throw away items. If he thinks it's trash, then he'll dispose of it. Oh well.

4. I usually have my mom drive me places. I don't have a drivers license yet and I am afraid of driving and even crossing the street close to cars going at 30-40 mph, so I prefer taking the bus, subway, train, or have someone reliable drive me places.

5. I am SO looking forward to going to Sweden this winter! As I said many times before, the coldest I experienced was 0C so I'm up for a huge challenge this year xD It will be fun though. I plan to stay at Isaac's place for a while and get to meet Stian again as well.

6. Yes, your cat Älis is awesome and you should tell Älis I say hi!

Hateandhatred 09-17-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7694 (Post 3771104)
1. I'm not sure if I should take that question seriously. If that indeed was your last request, then maybe. As demented as it sounds...lol....

Actually wasn't to be taken seriously, it was a reference to a black metal band that I like, the singer did that for a kickass album cover, and the band members made necklaces out of the singer's skull.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_of_the_Black_Hearts

I said hi to Alice! =)

Also cool! Nice to know you are up to it, then I'll see if it's possible for me to head down hot Florida eventually!

t-rogdor 09-17-2012 03:05 PM

yo if i find my way down to miami for umf again this year we should hang out (but imagine this was written in question format)

samurai7694 09-17-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rogdor (Post 3771119)
yo if i find my way down to miami for umf again this year we should hang out (but imagine this was written in question format)

ok. *imagines it in question format*

Quote:

Would you be down to hang out if I went to Miami for UMF (this year)?
If by UMF you mean Ultra Music Festival and by next year you mean next event which is March 2013, then yes :cool:

i heart candy 09-17-2012 03:33 PM

I know you're a Stepmania player so which do you prefer? FFR or SM?

What's your favorite candy?

When do you picture yourself retiring from rhythm gaming?

Sidek 09-17-2012 03:39 PM

what is your favorite color?? XD

xMUSICxMASTERx 09-17-2012 03:42 PM

dog?

YOUR LAMP BARKS!??!!

What do you like most about Canada?

I don't have any good questions D:

samurai7694 09-17-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i heart candy (Post 3771145)
I know you're a Stepmania player so which do you prefer? FFR or SM?

What's your favorite candy?

When do you picture yourself retiring from rhythm gaming?

Stepmania, definitely. Of course I will bash about FFR running at just 30 fps so it causes patterns to be funky, plus for stepmania players some could complain about the small window which makes the arrows look too close together.

My favorite candy is Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I could eat a lot of those along with a cup of milk.

I wanted to quit rhythm gaming for a while, but I don't think that will happen any time soon. Maybe sometime next year or the year after, or just out of the blue. It depends on how much I improve from where I am now. If I learn to get better at my left hand, then I probably won't quit until I AAA/AA/FC the entire HSMP series or something ridiculous lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidek (Post 3771151)
what is your favorite color?? XD

Purple. Even though I mostly wear black, purple just stands out to me. I have absolutely no clothing in purple lmao brb shopping

Quote:

Originally Posted by xMUSICxMASTERx (Post 3771155)
dog?

YOUR LAMP BARKS!??!!

What do you like most about Canada?

I don't have any good questions D:

yes, dog.

YES MY LAMP BARKS.

I can't really answer that well because Canada has many cities and I've only seen like 0.01% of everything and I was only there for Anime North, haha. Toronto was cool, except I liked it better last year when it was still breezy and nice outside in May than staring at the hot sun all day this year. More about the country? I guess..the.. health care? Poutine was nice. I got to see bagged milk being used in Starbucks. What I enjoyed most about my trip was to meet FFR people over there. Everyone was very friendly and this year's event was the most fun I've ever had in my life (seriously) :)

lol if you want to ask any silly questions go ahead :D