Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   First Job (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=123960)

danny53x 05-18-2012 07:54 PM

First Job

What's the best way to get one :???:

who_cares973 05-18-2012 08:09 PM

Re: First Job

apply everywhere. lie only to the extent that you will be able to cover your lies(boss: hey do you know how to use microsoft excel? you: yes sir i indeed can(give fake example of you applying your nonexistent excel skills somewhere that wont be able to be verified) then you get your ass home and study the shit out of excel)

craigslist
monster
yahoo jobs
apply at stores within travel distance

firm handshake and always say thank you after internviews and when applications are given. show that you are very grateful for the opportunity even if you know the job is kinda bad(burger flipper).

dragonmegaXX 05-18-2012 08:09 PM

Have good self confidence, look good turning in application and during the interview, prove you're intelligent and know what you're doing, and dont be timid.

Getting a job isn't as hard as a lot of people say.

who_cares973 05-18-2012 08:11 PM

also dont make it seem like you're desperate for a job its very off putting

dragonmegaXX 05-18-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3695400)
also dont make it seem like you're desperate for a job its very off putting

Lol literally had someone call in and ask "Im very desperate for a job, can I have an interview"

My manager: "No."

top 05-18-2012 08:27 PM

Definitely have great confidence in yourself.

who_cares973 05-18-2012 08:31 PM

or at least fake the confidence

00Razor00 05-18-2012 08:50 PM

look presentable, have confidence and go out to places and put in applications.

beats doing it online for the most part.

nois-or-e 05-18-2012 09:13 PM

Don't bullshit too much in your resume, dress like you're being sued, eye contact & confidence when it comes time for interviews.

Aldentron 05-19-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3695397)
show that you are very grateful for the opportunity even if you know the job is kinda bad(burger flipper).

How to Eat Shit and Smile: A Guide to Working in America

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 3695446)
Also, it really really really helps to have connections.

in the current economy where 2 out of every 10 16-24 year olds are unemployed, connections are really the only way you'll get hired with no previous job experience.

if i were you i would try to find a temp-to-hire staffing agency.

leonid 05-19-2012 02:06 AM

If you put too much bs in your resume it will be a bit troublesome cuz interviewers ask stuff from your resume expecting you know very well about it

Choofers 05-19-2012 03:07 AM

snagajob.com

Izzy 05-19-2012 04:58 AM

On related note I managed to get my first computer science related job this summer because of my resume on our schools career service website. I was pretty stressed about the interview at first, but once I met the employer in person he seemed more laid back than I would have thought. At any rate he pretty much asked me about everything on my resume and my interest in the field and other pretty common questions.

So I would advise you to only put things on your resume that you can actually say something about. Also don't over practice answers for questions that you would anticipate. It's probably just my personal opinion, but I feel like it would be better to answer questions with a more genuine feel instead of as if it was regurgitated word for word.

blindreper1179 05-19-2012 05:04 AM

Don't live in Michigan, which you don't. So it should be easier already!