Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Choofer's Hella Energy Drink Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=123624)

Choofers 04-23-2012 03:18 PM

I'm sure quite a few people know this already, but I'm addicted to energy drinks. Like... I drink one or two a day lmao. And I thought it would be cool to make an energy drink review thread that I update regularly. Whether I drink obscure/local brands or the major brands, it doesn't matter. I'll also be reviewing some of the alcoholic energy drinks (four loko, sparks, etc), but those are, for the most part, bad.

Anyway... In my opinion, there are two people that drink energy drinks. People who enjoy the taste, and people who enjoy the energy buzz they get. Some drinks are stronger than others, and we all know that they taste different. So here we go!

"Taste" and "Buzz" are obvious. "Crash" is based on how bad I feel a couple hours after I'm done with the buzz. Higher numbers are stronger crashes. "Overall" is also obvious.

*cracks open an Amp*

Red Bull:
Red Bull (lol what else is there)
As one of the first (the first?) out on the market, this has garnered Red Bull as a sort of front man for energy drinks. While it definitely doesn't taste bad, it's overpriced and a bit weak, compared to other brands. It's pretty smooth, taste isn't overpowering. Buzz is underwhelming, although it might be from all of the stronger drinks I've had in the 3-4 years I've been drinking them. Good with vodka or jager though (JAGERBOMBS).
Taste - 7/10
Buzz - 4/10
Crash - 1/10
Overall - 6/10

AMP Products:
Red Can (Boost Cherry)
Amp, at least the green and red cans, are very sweet. I liken the green can to a melted slurpee, and the red can is no different. Sweet, and the aftertaste is pretty good. When I say sweet, it's not a sickly sweet... Unless you're drinking more than one xd. Buzz is pretty strong, much more noticeable than Red Bull's (but not as strong as a Rockstar).
Taste - 8/10
Buzz - 6/10
Crash - 3/10
Overall - 6/10

---

will update with a new drink tomorrow morning !!

justin_ator 04-23-2012 03:23 PM

Re: Choofer's Hella Energy Drink Thread

I could review all monster/amp, some Venom/lesser known brands/NOS, and a few others too :3 I have a habit of trying all the new ones I can find. If you can find it, this stuff is actually pretty sick too:

edit: I drink one or two a day as well lmao

Xx{Midnight}xX 04-23-2012 03:24 PM

Someone do the red venom can those ones are awesome.

Choofers 04-23-2012 03:26 PM

wtf that looks awesome o_o

I could review all of the monsters in one sitting but stepmania is calling...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3681770)
Someone do the red venom can those ones are awesome.

I believe the 7-11 nearby sells these (if not there, then the little convenient store across the street does). I'll grab one tomorrow.

justin_ator 04-23-2012 03:29 PM

I tried the orange and yellow venom. Wasn't a fan of orange at all, flavor wasn't to my liking much. yellow was p cool, neither gave me as much of a buzz as monster though. Haven't tried red maybe I will now.

who_cares973 04-23-2012 03:54 PM

cocaine(red)
man when i saw this for the first time at a little ghetto liqour store in the middle of the desert i had to get it. was not expecting it to be as good as it was considering ive tried monster rockstar etc and nothing has ever giving me any energy at all. this though did and damn did it. the red can burns on the way down because of the cinnamon or w/e thats added. some people might not like it but i did. i was CRACKED THE **** OUT for a good 4 hours. hands were shaking and i couldnt sit still. after those 4 hours though i was gone. crashed hard and had to take a nap ended up being a 3 hour nap.

Taste - 6/10
Buzz - 10/10
Crash - 8/10
Overall - 7/10

definitely something worth trying at least once though be warned im a big guy and drank a whole can everyone else should probably stick to half a can

Choofers 04-23-2012 04:05 PM

Cocaine is gr8, and yeah, if you're not accustomed to energy drinks or small, drink half a can. I had a blue can, definitely one of the strongest drinks I've had. Bouncing all over the place.

t-rogdor 04-23-2012 04:10 PM

oh shit mike i love you
gonna write a few reviews i guess

also lol the ubermonster stuff is weird. imagine the taste of monster with the carbonation of a beer

A2P 04-23-2012 04:14 PM

Monster

VERY VERY tasty drink, but maybe that's due to all the sugar in it. Gives you a nice feeling for about 3 hours but the comedown is horrible, although nothing comparable to another addictive substance. Overall, it's a pretty solid drink. Just be prepared for the crash.

Taste 10/10
Buzz 8/10
Crash 3/10 (I think a lower number should indicate a stronger crash imo)
Overall 7/10

leonid 04-23-2012 04:23 PM

someone review Jolt please

dore 04-23-2012 04:26 PM

nom nom nom jolt 10/10

except cherry bomb tastes like ass 0/10

UserNameGoesHere 04-23-2012 04:38 PM

5-Hour Energy Drink. Only thing that actually works.

Anything else might make you jittery at best but isn't going to perk you up at all (and you'll probably have to pee a lot).

Choofers 04-23-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserNameGoesHere (Post 3681823)
5-Hour Energy Drink. Only thing that actually works.

Anything else might make you jittery at best but isn't going to perk you up at all (and you'll probably have to pee a lot).

5-hour energy does absolutely nothing, at least for me.

Gravity Kitten 04-23-2012 04:49 PM

review 4loko pls
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

o & bawls (never had it personally, but it has guarana ((like almost every energy drink)) in it so it must be good)

Choofers 04-23-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravity Kitten (Post 3681833)
review 4loko pls
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

all of the flavors suck except for lemonade, which is bearable
four loko has the unique ability to become better tasting the more you drink it

Gravity Kitten 04-23-2012 05:04 PM

smooth and solid review
i like it ~~
rating for 4loko and do bawls asap ty ty ty

igotrhythm 04-23-2012 05:20 PM

Blaugh. Monster and 5-hour both tasted nasty to me. (In retrospect, I really should have questioned in detail why they were giving away entire 16-oz cans...). Red Bull and Vault are both amazing, though I can't really tell if it's the sugar or the caffeine that's picking me up. :/

who_cares973 04-23-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3681834)
all of the flavors suck except for lemonade, which is bearable
four loko has the unique ability to become better tasting the more you drink it

this is not true lmao. after two 4lokos they still tasted like shit to me

00Razor00 04-23-2012 05:35 PM

if they sell Relentless over there, pick one up and review it. they're really good.

Evascythe 04-23-2012 05:51 PM

Monster Khaos is tasty but it has no effect on me. :( Red Bull does nothing either. I AM IMMUNE.