Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Songs and Artist Permissions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   New Permission [Please Read] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122195)

justin_ator 01-18-2012 01:33 PM

New Permission [Please Read]

I'm making a separate thread for this permission get because I've received a conditional permission from an artist, and am open to community input on which song(s) to select from this artist to be stepped.

The artist is RobotBoys, two gentlemen seen on TV and around the world for their 'dance' routines to music soundtracks. I've discussed permission with their management, Henriette Blix, and she talked to the two about permission for FFR to use their music. Today she emailed me back stating that we could select two songs from their album (which is titled The Music).

This is an example of their performance, and one of their songs (note that the actual song is shorter and doesn't have parts of this performance in it, they are just like any other live artist that feels the need to add to their show when stuff isn't on the album)

I'd hoped to finish stepping Dubstepic Symphony (the song used in the video), so I am pretty sure that I will select that as one of the two. The other one is up for you guys to decide, really. I suppose that there is a possibility of convincing me to drop DS and go with something else, but your argument needs to be pretty good lol. You can find their songs on the itunes page given below, or anywhere else with the album. You WON'T find the song on youtube, because when they perform, the songs are slightly tweaked or stuff is added. So you need to listen to them on an album page/link. PM me if you have a question about this, etc.

Their pages/links:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Robotboys
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/robotdrengene

Also, as part of the request they asked that the page link lead back to the album on iTunes, rather than their site (I'm verifying that this is what they want, just to be safe), and it would be this link:
http://itunes.apple.com/en/album/the-music/id480709829
(you can also listen to the songs here)
Hell yeah I stole source code from the iTunes site to code in links to the samples! (:

Code:

Track        Name                                        Time
1        Intro                                        1:47
2        Nitro                                        2:29
3        Counting Each Beat (Human Tonight)        3:45
4        Symphomatic 2050                        1:30
5        Juste Debeat                                2:06
6        Killa Machine                                2:12
7        Alfa (Semifinals)                        1:09
8        Beta (Finals)                                2:04
9        Violina                                        3:18
10        Reloading                                1:21
11        DubsteEpic Symphony                        3:36
12        Final Battle                                3:08
13        Megatempo Feat. Tomzen                        3:05
14        Fantasy World                                3:56
15        Robotboys Audition                        3:31
16        Remote Control (Bonus Track)                3:10

I'd suggest checking out Remote Control, but it's ultimately up to all of you. Place your top like, two or three votes (or which ones you would be willing to step if you are a step artist), and we'll go from there. Let me know if there are any questions, and give me some feedback!

You can listen to the full songs here:
http://soundcloud.com/justin_ator/sets/file-previews

Vote on the second song:
Alfa - 4
RB Audition - 1

Anaru 01-18-2012 01:34 PM

Re: New Permission [Please Read]

will check out the music. nice permission get! :)

who_cares973 01-18-2012 01:44 PM

let me get dubstepic symphony so i can step it for sm rofl

those previews you post dont help me at all when deciding what to pick. theyre too short <___>

Winrar 01-18-2012 01:46 PM

Nice find Justin.

justin_ator 01-18-2012 01:49 PM

I don't have longer previews without handing out the tracks themselves...thank iTunes for having shit previews all the time...

Blah, fCK it, I'm going to upload all the songs to my soundcloud and post links.

who_cares973 01-18-2012 01:55 PM

get on aim mang

yo man im awesome 01-18-2012 01:59 PM

Which song is this, cause this is the one I want to see in-game.

justin_ator 01-18-2012 02:07 PM

(Live performance, probably was pieces of a few of the songs)

I think that's Alfa? Or Beta, I don't exactly know. Listen to the songs here, because these are the versions/songs we can step.

http://soundcloud.com/justin_ator/sets/file-previews

It looks like w_c and I will probably collabing on Dubstepic, so it's up to you guys on the other one.

Nitro has some cool sounds to it, Remote Control is cool, etc.

Shikari 01-18-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo man im awesome (Post 3618733)

THIS, oh Lord.

justin_ator 01-18-2012 02:16 PM

Pretty sure it's Beta? Listened to a little bit of it, I don't know lmao. It's probably a combination of the two. Listen to the tracks on that soundcloud link.

Plan_Bsk81127 01-18-2012 02:55 PM

Nice get, I just bought this CD like a month ago. Sucks we only get two, I'll come back with which two I personally like after I listen through the cd again.

Also the songs you see in the video are not always the exact songs on the CD, the ones they used in their performances are mixed in with other songs as well(like Dubsepic, Alfa, Beta(just the intro which is Moments in Love iirc)

edit:

Quote:

This is Alfa(semifinals) btw

justin_ator 01-22-2012 08:32 PM

B-b-b-bump, because I need more input so I can get back to Henriette about what the second song should be. It's final on the first one, w_c and I are collaborating on Dubstepic Symphony.

Plan_Bsk81127 01-22-2012 08:34 PM

I vote DubseEpic Symph and Robotboys Audition

t-rogdor 01-22-2012 08:57 PM

my vote goes to alfa, but i want in on stepping it

justin_ator 01-22-2012 08:58 PM

So far you're the only one who has expressed interest in actually -stepping- it, so lol.

MarioNintendo 01-22-2012 08:59 PM

WHOA, that's an incredible permission get. I can't believe you went through all the trouble of contacting their manager... I would've gave up where you stood strong.

Quote:

Although I don't believe the Robotboys' music is the best song choice for charting (it's not very melodic, is it?), I believe this video has the song I enjoyed the most. :)

Plan_Bsk81127 01-22-2012 09:01 PM

For people choosing Alfa, just want you to know the song on the CD doesnt have the first :58 seconds of the song that is in that video.

yo man im awesome 01-22-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3622361)
For people choosing Alfa, just want you to know the song on the CD doesnt have the first :58 seconds of the song that is in that video.

That's fine, was more interested in the other part anyway :p

EDIT: Yea my vote's on Alfa in case you missed that

justin_ator 01-22-2012 09:14 PM

I got it.

yo man im awesome 02-11-2012 03:08 PM

So, any word on what's happening here?