Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   DDR X2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121877)

megamon88 01-2-2012 11:01 AM

DDR X2

I was just wondering if anyone else has had the chance to play on a X2 arcade machine. An arcade in my area recently got it, and I have to say, it's the best DDR machine I've ever played on. The pad design is 100x better - on a old (extreme) pad, I can't even pass max 300, but I managed to get an A on it on this machine. Also the song choice is amazing too, there's now a bunch of harder songs (13+) for the elite players.

dragonmegaXX 01-2-2012 11:05 AM

Re: DDR X2

Arent the pads the same as DDRX?
If so, I think it's absolutely terrible, and every DDRX machine Ive played has had god awful timing. I can get an A or paranoia survivor max ONI on supernova 2 and Extreme, but If I manage to pass it on X's terrible pads, Itll give me a D.

Also, some of the song selections are so stupid. Pluto the First is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. And Valkyrie Dimensions.....lol....

DDR SN2 is my favorite machine.... although I like the DDR Extreme pads the most.

sakura080789 01-2-2012 11:15 AM

sadly there are no machines near me :(

Xayphon 01-2-2012 11:25 AM

Sadly neither DDR X nor X2 exist here

Reincarnate 01-2-2012 11:27 AM

All I know is that the DDRX machine here in NYC is by far the worst machine I've ever played on. Ever.

dragonmegaXX 01-2-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3604362)
All I know is that the DDRX machine here in NYC is by far the worst machine I've ever played on. Ever.

I played it. They even had a small community there.
It's sad because some of them seemed good but no one could get a good score on the PoS....

On the up side, I played trivia with the owner of that Dave and Busters lol.

megamon88 01-2-2012 12:02 PM

I've never played on a DDR X machine before but I did a bit of research and it seems they improved the X2 cabinet because of the complaints about the X ones. The cabinet is actually about the same quality as an r21 itg. I just passed TLOM with a pretty good score, which I couldn't even come close to on extreme. I dunno, maybe the extreme cab I had just sucked ass, but I can assure you the X2 pads are really good.

dragonmegaXX 01-2-2012 12:06 PM

Do they look the same as the X pads?

megamon88 01-2-2012 12:16 PM

Judging from the low quality images I found on Google images, they seem similar. I can't say for sure though.

rayword45 01-2-2012 12:57 PM

They got one at a new D&B here in Massachusetts. The pads are FAR superior to DDRX, but they seem to need constant repairing.

Also, more hard songs = good. The fact that charts like Valkyrie Dimension, Trigger, and New Decade got to quality control = suckass

ddr_f4n 01-2-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 3604355)
Arent the pads the same as DDRX?

Same design, but works A LOT better from what I heard.

I have a DDR X at a movie theater nearby. Hated it. Hope it upgrades to X2 soon.

HikamitheSoulReaper 06-29-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddr_f4n (Post 3604442)
Same design, but works A LOT better from what I heard.

I have a DDR X at a movie theater nearby. Hated it. Hope it upgrades to X2 soon.

make them upgrade it!!by force!!!lol that would be cool to have in my movie theater...

wildfireskunk 06-29-2012 03:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
X2 isn't bad, but DDR has really fallen out of favour since ITG appeared. Some of the songs on X/X2 are great, and there are a handful of interesting charts, but I'm mostly interested by more challenging charts, and Konami seem not to know how to make charts that are hard and fun anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HikamitheSoulReaper (Post 3717134)
make them upgrade it!!by force!!!lol that would be cool to have in my movie theater...

If you do that it'll be the worst decision you've ever made (assuming that the US DDR:X cabs have similar specs to the EU ones).

We only have a handful of DDRX cabs here in the UK, and they're not *awful*, although the pad design is really lame compared to older styles. Love the cab design though!

The downside is that if you upgrade a DDRX to a DDRX2, the hardware of the X can't handle X2 and you get the most godawful problems on the machine. To give an example, I'm a player who can pass 15s on ITG and SDG 10's all day long on DDR, and here's what happens when I play in time to the music on an upgraded DDRX2. It started a little off, and got worse as the song progressed.

bob bob 06-29-2012 03:59 PM

Me and one of my friends are going to a namco funscape up in London soon, where it has Euromix, Euromix2, X and X2, we've always wanted to try DDRX/X2. However, these are usually very busy and in poor condition. (there's only a handful of X2's in the UK, most are in london/blackpool/Great Yarmouth, which are the main tourist areas)

All we have down here in Portsmouth is a broken DDR Fusion, A really good euromix 2 (50p for 3 songs, and in great condition) a decent euromix and Crap Supernova (pads suck)

As for the game it self, i've seen lots of the charts and while of some of them look good, it seems that konami suck at making fun hard charts(valkyrie dimension oni is just a joke)

Its also a shame that we will never see a X3 machine, although some of the charts on that look horrid.

Tyson ultima 06-29-2012 04:59 PM

Pretty much it depends on whether it is an american cab or a foreign cab. If your X2 cab was made by betson then it is going to suck ass no matter what, but since you seem to be doing good then i can only assume that they somehow managed to get it ported from somewhere. And like 13+ isn't what you might think it is pretty much the old difficulty system just split in half or what not. I am sure Max300 is like considered a 17 or something while Pluto relinquished is an 18 i believe

FFR4EVA_00 06-29-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamon88 (Post 3604353)
The pad design is 100x better - on a old (extreme) pad, I can't even pass max 300

99% chance this is because your arcade doesn't give a **** about maintaining the pads

LongGone 06-29-2012 06:30 PM

It depends on the maker of the cabinets. Asian/JP cabinets have good pads and machines; notably the X2 ones are really great over X I believe. I got my best scores while playing an X2 in Singapore

Cabinets made by betson in the US are bad as far as I've heard. I recently tried a DDR X2 in London last week or two; I think it was a Betson make. It was surprisingly easy to combo on it, but timing and sync was off

(..X2 was enjoyable to play, way better than X imo)

Kibblre 06-29-2012 06:50 PM

The X2 at my machine is the worst DDR machine I've ever played on.

Oni-Paranoia 06-29-2012 07:13 PM

95% of the time, the machine is dependent on who is maintaining it, not who's making it or it's brand. Ideally, Extreme machines are the best to modify over an X or X2 cabinet (which are actually built naturally bad.)

Sorry, I can pass MAX 300 effortlessly on Extreme and X2 equally. And if a regular DDR machine is the greatest thing you ever set foot on, then you really need some friends who own machines, modded pads are amazing.

FFR4EVA_00 06-29-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia (Post 3717252)
And if a regular DDR machine is the greatest thing you ever set foot on, then you really need some friends who own machines, modded pads are amazing.

because modded machines are everywhere