Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   How bad is your eyesight? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117553)

iironiic 02-22-2011 04:02 PM

How bad is your eyesight?

Do you think high exposure to computers or TV is part of the cause of your bad eyesight (if you have bad eyesight)? Feel free to discuss or post your eyesight.

I'll start it off. According to my contact lenses box, it claims my left is -5.75 and my right is -5.25. I know it's pretty bad xD. I'm sure part of the reason why is due to the fact that I was so addicted to the computer when I was little lol.

awein999 02-22-2011 04:05 PM

Re: How bad is your eyesight?

I'm bad at having bad eyesight (I have good eyesight). Always had 20/20 vision. Never needed glasses or contacts and I'm definitely in front of screens a lot of the time.

Coolboyrulez0 02-22-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awein999 (Post 3421980)
I'm bad at having bad eyesight (I have good eyesight). Always had 20/20 vision. Never needed glasses or contacts and I'm definitely in front of screens a lot of the time.

Ditto.

Rubin0 02-22-2011 04:48 PM

-4.50 and -3.75 I feel your pain.

HoneyMelonCalibrator 02-22-2011 04:55 PM

I have terrible eye sight, unfortunately :( I'm constantly squinting if I'm too far away in class. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it were all a result off too much exposure to TV/computers. Although I can generally see everything, I usually use my glasses for driving (particularly at night) and for reading things from really far away. My optometrist highly recommends I use my glasses everyday.

How often I use them, that's a different story lol.

who_cares973 02-22-2011 04:59 PM

my eye sight has always been bad and my left is has always been getting progressively worse over the years. this is no fault of tv/computers but im sure it isnt helping

Kotarouchan 02-22-2011 05:01 PM

ugh... umm... I think the last I checked my eyes, I was -8 and -8? It actually might be worse than that, I haven't checked in years. But just to give an idea, I'm 7 feet away from a 21" CRT TV and if I take my glasses off, I see a blur.

Also, I checked my old contacts that aren't strong enough for my eyes anymore and those were -7.5. lol 3_3

8 Hour Whore 02-22-2011 05:19 PM

oops~
-2.5 in both eyes...
This happened when I was a little kid I sat about a foot away from the TV..
OOPS~

cedolad 02-22-2011 05:21 PM

I jizzed in my left eye. So I wonder what my eye sight is now...

darkshark 02-22-2011 05:30 PM

I've sat in front of computer screens all day and night since I was about 7 years old, and I have 20/10 vision =/

kommisar 02-22-2011 05:34 PM

-2.5 on each eye. sick

Zon Fire 02-22-2011 05:39 PM

I have a floater in my right eye. might be macular degenitive diesease Who KnOwS

i love you 02-22-2011 05:45 PM

My vision is only bad when i look at things far away. When I'm close to something, i can see it perfectly.

ghost- 02-22-2011 05:50 PM

-6.5 both eyes. they finally matched up in the summer. I don't think the computer/tv has anything to do with it, as I've had glasses since 3rd grade.

kostkaskater 02-22-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3422062)
My vision is only bad when i look at things far away. When I'm close to something, i can see it perfectly.

They call this nearsighted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyMelonCalibrator (Post 3422021)
I have terrible eye sight, unfortunately :( I'm constantly squinting if I'm too far away in class. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it were all a result off too much exposure to TV/computers. Although I can generally see everything, I usually use my glasses for driving (particularly at night) and for reading things from really far away. My optometrist highly recommends I use my glasses everyday.

This.

I was just joking yesterday about how I was going to buy lasik eye surgery.

ghost- 02-22-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyMelonCalibrator (Post 3422021)

oh yeah my PE teacher said this is what he used to do, not hardly wear them and only when he needed to. But guess what? When he did start wearing them everyday, his eyesight was back to normal in like 2 weeks. I hated him for that story though.

Izzy 02-22-2011 06:14 PM

Still have perfect eye sight and I sit in front of screens a ton. Your eyes probably get used to the abuse pretty quick.

Gundam-Dude 02-22-2011 06:23 PM

I believe mine is -2.50 or -2.75

been stable for the past few years because I've been swapping between my old, weak pair of glasses (at home) and new, strong pair (outside of home).

FFRGreen 02-22-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3422085)
Still have perfect eye sight and I sit in front of screens a ton. Your eyes probably get used to the abuse pretty quick.

Yeah that is exactly the same for me. I have 20/20 Vision :D.

Suckest 02-22-2011 06:45 PM

<- Glasses
Therefore I have poor eyesight, I cannot see within 8 feet in front of me, this is due to family traits, not the internet ^^