Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Should drugs be illegal? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115208)

Vanilla Mnm 11-7-2010 07:55 PM

Should drugs be illegal?

I've had this discussion with a lot of people, and I don't do drugs, but I've always thought that every drug should be legal. You're not harming anybody but yourself, SELLING drugs should be illegal, not using. ;\

what do you think?

Also, think of everything you can get arrested for, I can't think of too many things you can get arrested for besides using drugs where you aren't harming someone else in some way.

Also a question from Dossar to discuss.
If illegal drugs were made legal, would that lower gang activity?

AsphyxZero 11-7-2010 08:00 PM

Re: Should drugs be illegal?

I don't use them (I can't lol), but I do think they should be legalized TO SOME EXTENT. Obviously, drugs such as cocaine/heroin/anything made synthetically and has severe side effects shouldn't be legalized.

Nothing wrong with marijuana and shrooms though.

DossarLX ODI 11-7-2010 08:04 PM

I'll leave this question here:

If illegal drugs were made legal, would that lower gang activity? Discuss. :)

Vanilla Mnm 11-7-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3338074)
I'll leave this question here:

If illegal drugs were made legal, would that lower gang activity? Discuss. :)

lol, I'll put that question on the OP. I don't think it would. Most people aren't in gangs JUST for selling illegal drugs. It's a lot more than that, I think.

Izzy 11-7-2010 08:06 PM

If we considered less things to be crimes then there would be less crime.

MP3 player 11-7-2010 08:10 PM

Ugh god... Listen here... Drugs should be legalized but they will never be legalized.. Wanna know why? Becuz the government makes stupid decisions.. Wanna know why alcohol is legalized??? Becuz the government taxed alcohol and now they make money when they sell it.. Now your probably saying to yourself.. Why dont they just tax weed??... The answer is.. WHY DONT THEY! The government somtimes makes decisions without thinking and sometimes they just dont make any since...

And thats MP3 player's Fun Fact of The Day!

Superfreak04 11-7-2010 08:12 PM

They don't tax weed because they know that weed is already available as is. People can sell weed without tax which means businesses who sell weed from a tobacco store won't get much business if a person can get the same amount of weed from someone else, makes sense?

MP3 player 11-7-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfreak04 (Post 3338083)
They don't tax weed because they know that weed is already available as is. People can sell weed without tax which means businesses who sell weed from a tobacco store won't get much business if a person can get the same amount of weed from someone else, makes sense?

No... Not really..

Im preety sure that the only reason they dont legalize Mirajuana is becuase our government is STUPID! Have you thought about that?? Alcohol is available everywhere and if the government hadn't taxed it, then it would be ILLEGAL... Think about this.. Alcohol is proven that it is worse than cocain and weed... So with that imformation, why is it still legalized?? Because the government dosn't care because they've taxed it and there making profit.

NFD 11-7-2010 08:17 PM

Oh jesus, MP3 came and stupid'd the thread.

Sullyman2007 11-7-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Mnm (Post 3338066)
I've had this discussion with a lot of people, and I don't do drugs, but I've always thought that every drug should be legal. You're not harming anybody but yourself, SELLING drugs should be illegal, not using. ;\

When you use drugs it effects a lot of people, actually. From the person who sold it to you, to the person who sold it to him, his friend, that local gang, drug trafficers and their families, and drug cartels in other countries who use the money to manufacture weapons so they can expand.

Quote:

Also a question from Dossar to discuss.
If illegal drugs were made legal, would that lower gang activity?
If you were a drug lord and the cash crop you sell was made legal would you stop making and selling it? I wouldn't.

inb4 prohibition; that was a completely different scenario where people were manufacturing cheap moonshine in their backyards. It wasn't a cartel.

gnr61 11-7-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfreak04 (Post 3338083)

lol

Superfreak04 11-7-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MP3 player (Post 3338086)
No... Not really..

Im preety sure that the only reason they dont legalize Mirajuana is becuase our government is STUPID! Have you thought about that?? Alcohol is available everywhere and if the government hadn't taxed it, then it would be ILLEGAL... Think about this.. Alcohol is proven that it is worse than cocain and weed... So with that imformation, why is it still legalized?? Because the government dosn't care because they've taxed it and there making profit.

That goes hand in hand with what I just said. They tax it to make profit. Yet people aren't gonna buy from stores because they can get it cheaper without tax. DERP?! :)

MP3 player 11-7-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfreak04 (Post 3338092)
That goes hand in hand with what I just said. They tax it to make profit. Yet people aren't gonna buy from stores because they can get it cheaper without tax. DERP?! :)

Opps nvm that makes since. lol.

Superfreak04 11-7-2010 08:21 PM

Haha, and I'm not saying what I said is true, it's just a guess. :)

Patashu 11-7-2010 08:22 PM

we should build a giant robot that hunts down and kills people who smoke weed and drink alcohol

sullyman: so where are all the alcohol kingpins? notice they all vanished after the prohibition ended. derp

MrRubix 11-7-2010 08:26 PM

On the plus side, legalizing drugs would remove a lot of the premium that comes with harder-to-acquire items and allow it to be taxed and regulated. You'd probably see a lot fewer drug-transaction incidents (robbery/death/assault/etc). You don't exactly see people killing each other over a bottle of Tylenol when we can get it on the cheap at the local drugstore, now do we? Furthermore, fewer people in jail means less burden on taxpayers and fewer children suddenly forced to get by without parents (who would then be more likely to commit crimes).

Sounds pretty good, but the problem with harmful drugs is that they're, well, harmful. Unlike with alcohol, it's pretty hard to define a "responsible heroin user" when such a drug really screws you up and creates a physical addiction that is painful to break. What good could come from legalizing something like that? Simple law of supply and demand: Make something cheaper, and more people will buy it. If you legalize drugs, you're going to see more people using them. It doesn't exactly add much value to society.

EnR 11-7-2010 08:28 PM

They'd have to start making more laws about weed if they legalize it. Like no smokin and driving, no selling etc.

If they just say, it's illegal, everything involving it is illegal and easier to control.

Patashu 11-7-2010 08:29 PM

even if you paid people to do heroin I doubt you'd get more than a certain percentage on it

most of the harm from heroin is the crime people are forced to do to get more of it, anyway

DossarLX ODI 11-7-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrRubix (Post 3338103)
On the plus side, legalizing drugs would remove a lot of the premium that comes with harder-to-acquire items and allow it to be taxed and regulated. You'd probably see a lot fewer drug-transaction incidents (robbery/death/assault/etc). You don't exactly see people killing each other over a bottle of Tylenol when we can get it on the cheap at the local drugstore, now do we? Furthermore, fewer people in jail means less burden on taxpayers and fewer children suddenly forced to get by without parents (who would then be more likely to commit crimes).

Sounds pretty good, but the problem with harmful drugs is that they're, well, harmful. Unlike with alcohol, it's pretty hard to define a "responsible heroin user" when such a drug really screws you up and creates a physical addiction that is painful to break. What good could come from legalizing something like that? Simple law of supply and demand: Make something cheaper, and more people will buy it. If you legalize drugs, you're going to see more people using them. It doesn't exactly add much value to society.

I think this goes back to parental influence. Honestly I think it would be much better if a parent just let his/her kid try out something if it's available (like trying a cigar or alcohol to get rid of curiosity) while they're with them so that way the kid won't overdo it. Abstinence isn't really the best thing to teach in my opinion.

Input anyone?

Vanilla Mnm 11-7-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnR (Post 3338106)
They'd have to start making more laws about weed if they legalize it. Like no smokin and driving, no selling etc.

If they just say, it's illegal, everything involving it is illegal and easier to control.

Selling is already illegal. And they could just make one law saying you can't do drugs outside of your house, or something along those lines.

Or maybe put a limit on every drug, the amount you can have possession of.

EDIT: And Dossar, I agree. ;p