Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Message to admins.......RESET PROFILE CHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=110102)

bobeck2 06-29-2009 04:00 AM

Message to admins.......RESET PROFILE CHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I've been locked out of profile chat for OVER 3 months, and simply put, PLEASE RESET PROFILE CHAT!!!!!.

1. I have exhausted all possible other means to get profile chat reset

I've done everything I could within ffr guidelines to get profile chat reset. Ive started a thread 2 months ago, kindly asking the profile chat to be reset. http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...56#post3060756. Nothing was done, and now it has been two more months since that last post and i'm still in the same predicament. I've talked with almost every mod and admin that was around, including but not limited to Devonin, Chaz, Sprite, all the mods in the mp room (seeing i can not get into pro chat) and sent several pms and messages to Tass and Synth of which none have been responded to. I frankly don't know who can reset it, either Tass, some other admin or only Synth himself. But regardless, to allow profile chat to continue in its current state after numerous entreaties by myself and others is negligent at best and even cruel on the part of the one responsible. I know You guys are busy but still, THREE FULL MONTHS of no profile chat is OUTRAGEOUS.

2. I have a financial interest at stake
Further, the fact that I'm a subscriber almost gives me a right to demand that something be done about this situation. Let me just bring to your attention to refresh your memory that I have a one year subscription, which costs just under 40 dollars. I'm fully aware that subscriber privileges encompasses MUCH more than being blue in the pro file chat section, but for some people, such as myself and others, my primary reason for purchasing a subscription was for the sole purpose of being blue in the chat rooms. Now, the fact that i have been unable to use chat for 3 months is a waste of 1/4 of my subscription. That's equivalent to a waste of 10 dollars and frankly I believe I have a right to receive what I rightfully paid for.

3. MANY others both subscribers and non subscribers are suffering as well

This situation is not unique to only me. Many others, both friends and random ffr'ers (if there's such a term) are going through the same situation who are at best being inconvenienced and deprived of their chat times, and at worst, having their subscriptions wasted. So PLEASE for my sake and the sake of the ffr community, PLEASE RESET PROFILE CHAT.

4. Further notices
If its seems like i'm bitching... maybe because I AM. I'm extremely frustrated with the lack of support or response from those who can help. I've tried to be patient, I've done practically everything to get it reset, from kindly entreating, to asking almost every mod i saw, to pms, to wall comments, to form posts, etc. and the lack of response or action has forced me to write this seemingly demanding post. Please don't ask me to ''just be patient" or "just use an alt" because i've been told that 2 months ago. 3 months is more than patient, and using an alternate account does not solve the problem, nor will it allow me to be a subbie inn the chat room and further, switching between accounts is annoying and burdensome.

5. Final comments
So, in case you missed the point, PLEASE RESET PROFILE CHAT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. or at the VERY least respond to our pleas and give us a very good explanation of why it continues to be as it is (and the fact that ''synth is very busy'' doesn't cut it.

Signed....
*A very unhappy FFR subscriber

Psychotik 06-29-2009 04:24 AM

Re: Message to admins.......RESET PROFILE CHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yup.

Bill Kaulitz 06-29-2009 04:29 AM

Agreed.

Commandersa1 06-29-2009 04:41 AM

Woah, he numbered his points and wrote coherent sentences.

Hopefully, someone will help you because this is the best "whiny" thread to date. I was not expecting much from "Message to admins.......RESET PROFILE CHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"

fo3h4mm3r 06-29-2009 04:58 AM

Agreed. +1

Blue Bird 06-29-2009 05:27 AM

I too have been locked out of Profile Chat for over one month. I've made threads and posts about it, contacted administrators, and nothing has been done. I am also a subscriber, like bobeck is, as well as many OTHER people who are locked out!!!

Bobeck's post puts it perfectly.

Please, someone do something about it. They've told us to wait, and so we have. What has that accomplished? NOTHING! And I have a feeling that unless we keep insisting, that's exactly where it's gonna stay at.

SKG_Scintill 06-29-2009 05:34 AM

+1

NFD 06-29-2009 06:38 AM

Blue Bird, if you already knew about his thread, why make several more.

"It didn't work for him but I bet annoying them will work for me!"

Now I know at one point in time I was guilty of doing the same thing, but this is ridiculous. Profile Chat's really not a big deal. If you go on there to talk to your "friends", then you can still send comments back and forth, PMs, or just go to Multiplayer.

Adamaja456 06-29-2009 08:05 AM

/facepalm

just be patient. IIRC synthlight is the only person that can restart profile chat. making yet another thread asking for it to be reset isn't going to help much =/

edit, ok so i actually read what you posted.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobeck2 (Post 3125648)

4. Further notices
If its seems like i'm bitching... maybe because I AM. I'm extremely frustrated with the lack of support or response from those who can help. I've tried to be patient, I've done practically everything to get it reset, from kindly entreating, to asking almost every mod i saw, to pms, to wall comments, to form posts, etc. and the lack of response or action has forced me to write this seemingly demanding post. Please don't ask me to ''just be patient" or "just use an alt" because i've been told that 2 months ago. 3 months is more than patient, and using an alternate account does not solve the problem, nor will it allow me to be a subbie inn the chat room and further, switching between accounts is annoying and burdensome.

5. Final comments
So, in case you missed the point, PLEASE RESET PROFILE CHAT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. or at the VERY least respond to our pleas and give us a very good explanation of why it continues to be as it is (and the fact that ''synth is very busy'' doesn't cut it.

Signed....
*A very unhappy FFR subscriber

well since being patient is the ONLY THING you can actually do, im going to say it again. BE PATIENT. Why can't you deal with Synth/Admins being busy? They have a life first and then FFR. It's not like they devot every waking hour to FFR and making sure every single person is happy. If you really wanted to use profile chat, MAKE AN ALT that is your exact username with an extra character. It's not that difficult to sign into a new account and then talk to people that way. and ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? you dont want to make an alt because your name will be black instead of blue. and you're too lazy to click log out and then typing in pretty much the EXACT same information with your alt to get into pro chat. same username +1 character and probably same password. doesn't seem annoying at all. and who cares if your a subby or not in pro chat. if ppl know who you are, does the color of your name really matter that much?

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it took longer to reset profile chat because of your post.

and to blue
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Bird (Post 3125683)

Please, someone do something about it. They've told us to wait, and so we have. What has that accomplished? NOTHING! And I have a feeling that unless we keep insisting, that's exactly where it's gonna stay at.

well people waited 6 years and avmisses were fixd. people wanted speed mods to be public and we waited and they finally went public. people wanted mirror mode and more speed mods and we waited and oh look, they are in the Beta right now. Sooner or later, it will be fixd. if people REALLY needed prochat, they would find a way to use it and be happy about it. its not like many of the people complaining are IP banned from prochat.

I want pro chat fixd too but reading the OP put me in a bad mood :(

Patashu 06-29-2009 08:09 AM

can you use an alt to sit in profile chat? ?_?

Blue Bird 06-29-2009 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFD (Post 3125702)
Blue Bird, if you already knew about his thread, why make several more.

I didn't know about this thread. I noticed it today, which is when it was made. I've made only ONE thread since I've been locked out of Profile Chat.

Quote:

"It didn't work for him but I bet annoying them will work for me!"

Seems to me like it'll have more chances of working, than just sitting on my butt and doing nothing about it. Besides, all I did was post on this thread. I didn't spam, or use rude words, or anything. Just stated my opinion on the subject.

Quote:

Now I know at one point in time I was guilty of doing the same thing, but this is ridiculous. Profile Chat's really not a big deal. If you go on there to talk to your "friends", then you can still send comments back and forth, PMs, or just go to Multiplayer.

No. What's ridiculous, is that this still isn't solved after over three months. Maybe you don't like Profile Chat, but please don't speak for everyone when you say it's not a big deal. If the game goes down, I doubt it would take more than a day to fix. And talking to my "friends" is not the point of Profile Chat. It's not a 1v1 chatroom. It's a place where you can talk to many people at once, and that's what's so great about it. If we just wanted to talk to one another, we can just add each other to MSN. But again, that's not what Profile Chat is about.

And by the way, I heard from a moderator, that Tass IS able to reset Profile Chat, because when that person asked him to do it at the time, it did get done.

virus003 06-29-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobeck2 (Post 3125648)
2. I have a financial interest at stake
Further, the fact that I'm a subscriber almost gives me a right to demand that something be done about this situation. Let me just bring to your attention to refresh your memory that I have a one year subscription, which costs just under 40 dollars. I'm fully aware that subscriber privileges encompasses MUCH more than being blue in the pro file chat section, but for some people, such as myself and others, my primary reason for purchasing a subscription was for the sole purpose of being blue in the chat rooms. Now, the fact that i have been unable to use chat for 3 months is a waste of 1/4 of my subscription. That's equivalent to a waste of 10 dollars and frankly I believe I have a right to receive what I rightfully paid for.

Dude, you've got to be kidding me.
You waste 36$ for a chat room.
And just because you're a subscriber doesn't "almost" gives you the right to do anything, if you're not staff, you can't do anything. So stop complaining and wait for someone to do it.
Also, your financial interest is not at stake, because you still get to use the other features of subscribers, who gives a crap about prochat nowadays. Go on one of your millions of alts.

leonid 06-29-2009 08:36 AM

I got locked out as well :/

norsegod666 06-29-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Bird (Post 3125735)
And talking to my "friends" is not the point of Profile Chat. It's not a 1v1 chatroom. It's a place where you can talk to many people at once, and that's what's so great about it. If we just wanted to talk to one another, we can just add each other to MSN. But again, that's not what Profile Chat is about.

Now, how many chatrooms do we have on FFR? 3? So you guys are bitching because 1 chatroom out of 3 is not allowing you access. Seriously? I almost never go talk in pro chat. I am locked out anyway so it gives me another reason to not go there. I guess you could say that the point I am trying to make is that you are complaining about 1 chatroom being down is not a big deal when there are 2 others to choose from.

MinaciousGrace 06-29-2009 09:23 AM

prochat is a better place without mashers anyway
:discrimination:

Plan_Bsk81127 06-29-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace (Post 3125776)
prochat is a better place without mashers anyway
:discrimination:

lol. :D

Blue Bird 06-29-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norsegod666 (Post 3125772)
Now, how many chatrooms do we have on FFR? 3? So you guys are bitching because 1 chatroom out of 3 is not allowing you access. Seriously? I almost never go talk in pro chat. I am locked out anyway so it gives me another reason to not go there. I guess you could say that the point I am trying to make is that you are complaining about 1 chatroom being down is not a big deal when there are 2 others to choose from.

Yeah. Seriously. Maybe you don't enjoy it. But there's plenty of other people out there that do, and who DO think this is a big deal - myself included.

So excuse me if I feel like "bitching" about this. It's something I'm willing to "bitch" about, if you're gonna call it that.

What I don't get, is how now you and a bunch of other people, come down here and tell us to stop bitching about it? Tell us to be patient? Tell us that it's not a big deal? Sure, this isn't a life or death situation. Sure, we can live without Profile Chat. But if your Internet connection dies, and stays dead for a considerable amount of time, please don't tell me you're gonna sit on your ass and wait for it to get fixed. You're gonna try doing something about it.

The point I'M trying to make, is that if you like something, and it becomes unavailable, it's just common sense for you to try getting it back. When waiting doesn't produce any results, we turn to other measures. Especially when:

1) We hear people say Tass IS able to reset Profile Chat.
2)

mnnicol 06-29-2009 11:40 AM

How long could it possibly take to reset the prochat anyway?

Superfreak04 06-29-2009 11:41 AM

Support +1
I'm locked out as well.

jellygod 06-29-2009 11:48 AM

support, its been at least 4-5 months for me.