Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   College acceptances, or four years and thousands of dollars for a piece of paper (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=106597)

Relambrien 02-21-2009 07:05 PM

College acceptances, or four years and thousands of dollars for a piece of paper

It's that time again. Right around now, many of us who are high school seniors are beginning to get our college acceptance letters. With that, we now seal away our fate for four years of overpriced education for a piece of paper that claims we have some competency in a field we're probably not going to end up working in anyway, yet is still required by most employers.

But for those of us crazy enough to go to college even knowing that, here's where the past twelve years of work are finally worth something.

Keep in mind that even after receiving acceptances, most colleges require you to send your mid-year report and your final school report as well so that they can verify you didn't slack off your senior year. Additionally, many colleges also require interviews, either by phone or by person (often an alumnus near you, or at the campus for schools near to you).

So go ahead and brag about your acceptances here.

Current acceptances:

University of Delaware, Honors program for Computer Science
Rochester Institute of Technology, Computer Science

Still waiting on:

Carnegie Mellon University
California Institute of Technology
Stevens Institute of Technology
Harvard University

dore 02-21-2009 07:07 PM

Re: College acceptances, or four years and thousands of dollars for a piece of paper

applying for multiple schools is overrated :)

tinefico 02-21-2009 07:11 PM

Re: College acceptances, or four years and thousands of dollars for a piece of paper

Harvard =o Bonne chance =P

kommisar[os] 02-21-2009 07:12 PM

i applied for one college and got in with a scholarship. fun thing is i get all of my tuition back when i do my apprenticeship

foilman8805 02-21-2009 07:19 PM

Good luck with Cal Tech, Relambrien. >__>

Back in the day I applied to only one school, but I did Early Decision and was accepted within two months of applying, so I didn't waste a whole lot of money on application fees.

Btw, I go to Cal Poly - SLO if anyone is wondering.

Sullyman2007 02-21-2009 07:28 PM

community college because i'm poor.

Although I recently found out that Radiography transfers to UCF (most health sciences at my school don't) so I'm a bit excited for that.

makdaddy 02-21-2009 07:44 PM

I'm going to N.C. State :)

dore 02-21-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makdaddy (Post 2987843)
I'm going to N.C. State :)

ew

PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR 02-21-2009 07:57 PM

College is expensive, but well worth it. God I hate how much I'm spending...

dore 02-21-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dore (Post 2987846)
ew

I'm kidding btw

coraleaterlinda 02-21-2009 09:22 PM

the only school i applied to was Baylor. I got in. and i'm graduating with a bachelor's degree in biology this may. and now i have no clue what to do with that! i may be off to medical school in a year or so.

super kid 02-21-2009 09:28 PM

I can go to any school in my state for free as long as i graduate with a 2.5 gpa or higher, which is nothing. I think i have like a 3.2 which isn't all that great but its good enough to get me free tuition. :)

GuidoHunter 02-21-2009 10:05 PM

I got accepted to SMU.

And then graduated from it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by corealeaterlinda
the only school i applied to was Baylor. I got in. and i'm graduating with a bachelor's degree in biology this may.

It is entirely possible that you've met stretchy, then.

I suppose that the "slash Victoria" in your location signifies that you grew up in Victoria. If not, though, I wanna know where you went to high school in Waco.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

tofurox 02-21-2009 10:10 PM

I wanna go to SMU. It's like right around the corner from here, well not really but it's close. Or maybe UTD/UNT.

funmonkey54 02-21-2009 10:18 PM

I am currently working on scholarships. I am already guaranteed a spot at Indiana Wesleyan University. I will be getting a double major in mathematics and biology. Hopefully, wherever this wacked out economy takes us, I will be able to apply those degrees somewhere in something.

JKPolk 02-21-2009 11:15 PM

Applied to one school back in the day. Got in... getting my BS in 2010 and then MS 6 or so months later. Whoopee

stretchypanda 02-21-2009 11:47 PM

I've been accepted to:

Oklahoma City University
University of Arkansas
University of Central Arkansas
Southern Methodist University
Baylor University

Started at OCU and transferred to Baylor. Now I'm a teacher.

foilman8805 02-21-2009 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKPolk (Post 2987960)
and then MS 6 or so months later.

WTF, 6 months??

How?

eastsideman09 02-22-2009 12:27 AM

Community College, then transfer to FSU

Or at least that's what I plan to do.