Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Well.. My lucks run out.. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=104057)

8 Hour Whore 12-17-2008 07:16 PM

Well.. My lucks run out..

For the past two years I've played FFR as One hand three fingers (arrow keys). Over this time I've obtained a great skill in this "handicapped" playing style. For those that know me you know how much I worked on it.

Recently, I had an accident that cut open my hand and shredded a couple tendons in my hand. Now this isn't keeping me from playing but it means I'm going to have to switch styles. I have 7 stitches in my right hand. I can't move it anywhere near as fast as before and can barley combo.

I'm going to need a style change.. Any suggestions on a style that has less moving as possible?

P.s. I sincerly appoligize to Bynary and Cardman for not obtaining what I told them I would.

Cloud0005 12-17-2008 07:18 PM

Re: Well.. My lucks run out..

Damn, that sucks man, how'd it happen?

Bluearrowll 12-17-2008 07:19 PM

I know this won't sound like the best answer, but spread takes the least amoutn of effort and movement.

One hand - Well this is rather self explanatory to you
Index - You're moving 2 fingers over 4 arrows, and on harder songs this can be very hard for you
Spread - It's 4 fingers on 4 arrows (using 2 hands). all you need to do is press down on a key. Almost no movement other than this.

If you still wish to play Spread is the logical way to go. Though It's really up to you.

TC_Halogen 12-17-2008 07:19 PM

Spread has near 0 movement; index, on the flip side, has maximum movement--like one handed, you'll find yourself trying to slide on ridiculously fast patterns. My choice for you would be to play spread.

BigBoss37 12-17-2008 07:21 PM

Come to the darkside of spread whore and all will be forgiven.

[TeRa] 12-17-2008 07:23 PM

Just switch to your left hand ?_?

8 Hour Whore 12-17-2008 07:24 PM

Thanks..
the incident happened when I was chasing after my dog and I hit a metal pipe sticking in the ground. I tripped and my hand thrusted staight into an old blade in the ground...
This isn't something I figured would happen to ruin my FFR career.

Also, on the subject of Spread. Around what configuration is concidered the easiest to learn?

tha Guardians 12-17-2008 07:27 PM

If you play Guitar Hero, use 3 fingers fingers from your left and one from your right.
If you don't, play spread.

Also, DOUBLESETUPDOUBLESETUPDOUBLESETUP.

P.S. Easiest spread configuration is whatever is comfortable for you personally.

I like DFJK for the home key notches, and QS'] because it's comfortable.

phe0nixblade 12-17-2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [TeRa] (Post 2924197)
Just switch to your left hand ?_?

but i r not left handed ?_?

Breakdown16 12-17-2008 07:31 PM

I have a question. Now that your right hand is injured, is your left hand or your right hand better at FFR?

rzr 12-17-2008 07:32 PM

Oh ****, man. You can try what I did. When I switched to two hands I did 3 fingers, two hands. When I messed my hand up I switched to using my thumb as opposed to my left index finger.

8 Hour Whore 12-17-2008 07:34 PM

Lol right hand by far..
I worked for 2 years on it left hand is dead

[TeRa] 12-17-2008 07:34 PM

No setup of spread is easier to learn, it's all the same, just pick something you're comfortable with.
At first I started with dfjk because I'm comfortable being that where my hands always are when I'm typing, though I realized later on that I couldn't hit quads like that, so I switched to qwop, and have been playing that way since. Though recently my P key broke somewhat so I've been playing qwio on this keyboard. /life story

Zybanthia 12-17-2008 07:37 PM

You know, if you switch to spread, you'll be using the most powerful playing style available anyway. I know that's not a concern to die hard one-handers, but it can't be a bad thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore (Post 2924198)
Also, on the subject of Spread. Around what configuration is concidered the easiest to learn?

Easiest? I don't know if I'd call one configuration easier than another. If you're concerned about moving your hands a lot because of your injury, use something close to the edge of the keyboard so you can rest your hands on the desk or something - something like z x . / Although it doesn't matter too much, I suppose.

Most people like askl. Personally I think it blows but that's just me.

Bluearrowll 12-17-2008 07:41 PM

I personally do ZX>?

8 Hour Whore 12-17-2008 07:42 PM

Yea blue thats exactly what zyban was talking about I guess..
I think I like that set up due to the fact I'm on a laptop and yes. I need to have little movement as possible. Thank you everyone =]
Your all amazing people except Tera..
He's GAWD!

Zybanthia 12-17-2008 07:44 PM

Personally, I'd do
a x . '
but I guess that's just me. Good luck to you in switching playing styles.

igotrhythm 12-17-2008 08:01 PM

General format of reply in this thread:

1. Cringe at injury.

2. Tell the OP to play spread.

3. Move on with life.

Let your imagination fill in the details.

Card Man 12-17-2008 08:03 PM

Damn, cant you wait until it heals? What shame...good luck learning the new styles you choose though. ;-)

cry4eternity 12-17-2008 08:15 PM

Man that sucks....
Well, if you do pick spread
Definitely zx./
It's so much more comfortable than qwop or askl or whatever...
Don't learn it the wrong way like I did :(