Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Sins of a Solar Empire (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=101055)

Sullyman2007 10-5-2008 08:33 PM

Sins of a Solar Empire

Anyone play Sins of a Solar Empire?

I saw a friend playing it on his laptop and I loved the way it looked, so I asked him what it was and he told me. Naturally I went strait home to consult YouTube on my latest finding, and the trailer looked pretty insane. Space combat + amazing graphics = awesome.

I just bought it yesterday and I have to say it was a pretty good buy. It's fairly in-depth, if you've ever played a Sid Meier game you'll know what to expect. It's also a lot like Supreme Commander.

It's by a company called Stardock. They are also responsible for Galactic Civilizations, which I have never tried; Sin is their latest masterpiece. They have a few smaller projects in beta and a few on release.

Discuss?

MooMoo_Cowfreak 10-5-2008 09:08 PM

Re: Sins of a Solar Empire

Shoulda just borrowed it from that friend. You don't need a cd to boot it up, but you can't play online.

However, this is pretty much the greatest rpg ever. Everything is at a perfect pace. VASARI FTW!

Sullyman2007 10-5-2008 09:13 PM

Heh, for the sake of the thread I said I bought it. I actually got it off of a torrent, which I don't normally do. I plan on buying it soon though. I wanted to see how it would perform on my desktop and my NVIDIA GeForce2 MX card.

operationstrawbarry 10-5-2008 09:59 PM

I have it.. The games to slow for me. Graphix on the other hand is perfect though.

Sullyman2007 10-11-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadplayer (Post 2832819)
What the price?

Right now Sins is being sold on their website for $40 for a digital download and $45 + S/H for a download + retail box.

Besides the graphics, the game play is pretty amazing. It's actually not a lot of micromanaging like I've been reading on other sites. After playing it for a few days, I've found that it's relatively simple to get the hang of. It just takes a little playing to get used to the game engine.

So far the hardest thing to get used to that I've found is having to zoom out/zoom in to other systems you control while you're fighting on multiple fronts. It gets a little annoying but you get used to it.

meno_rocks123 10-11-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooMoo_Cowfreak (Post 2829751)
Shoulda just borrowed it from that friend. You don't need a cd to boot it up, but you can't play online.

However, this is pretty much the greatest rpg ever. Everything is at a perfect pace. VASARI FTW!

Vasari is waaay too overpowered to be fair. Once you get returning armada, there's no way that anyone else can outproduce you.

If you're going to get really into it, play the reaaaaaaally big and long games, because it's 100x better than short games.