Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Jumpstream? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=100202)

Kynosaur 09-28-2008 09:11 AM

Jumpstream?

Can anyone suggest any good songs to play on FFR or Stepmania to help improve on jumpstream? Because I suck at it...

It's ok in bursts, a jump at the beginning/end of a stream, and if it's like a jump every 4 beats, but anything beyond that I'm hopeless :(

Mr.Nothing 09-28-2008 09:13 AM

Re: Jumpstream?

For FFR it's EHHS or Southern Cross.

makdaddy 09-28-2008 09:15 AM

I made a thread about this a while ago, these answers helped me a lot!

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ght=jumpstream

vantilburg 09-28-2008 09:16 AM

Silence is almost all jumpstream, also. That's how I practice.

Kynosaur 09-28-2008 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Nothing (Post 2818637)
EHHS

I wish people would stop abbreviating songs, I always have to ask what they are talking about -.- also Southern Cross is way too hard for me :(

vantilburg 09-28-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kynosaur (Post 2818644)
I wish people would stop abbreviating songs, I always have to ask what they are talking about -.- also Southern Cross is way too hard for me :(

EHHS = Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star.

megamon88 09-28-2008 09:42 AM

{Frozen} is good for jumpstream, it's only near the end though.
Also Etude to a Dragon, that's good too.
Both of those are slow, but if you want something fast, you should try EHHS or Southern Cross.

richyrich55 09-28-2008 09:44 AM

Anyone with half a brain should be able to understand the abbreviation of most songs.

Patashu 09-28-2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richyrich55 (Post 2818674)
Anyone with half a brain should be able to understand the abbreviation of most songs.

I don't know. Sometimes they just don't jump out at you for some reason and it really annoys you.

EAGAMES 09-28-2008 10:01 AM

From easiest to hardest:
Etude to a Dragon > Doomsayer [Heavy] > Silence > Battle Theme #37 > Southern Cross > Xeno-Flow > Excite Hyper Highspeed Star > 4 Chord Touhou > Ketsarku Mozgalom? > Strawberry Sweetz > Adventures of Lolo > Pants

Just a couple of songs off the top of my head.

makdaddy 09-28-2008 10:12 AM

yeah, like EA said, Doomsayer, it kicks ass,

/comma

Breakdown16 09-28-2008 11:12 AM

Gacha Gacha Cute Hertz atto Radio has some jumpstream bursts in the beginning, but it's a skill token and I don't know whether you can unlock it. Turbulence has some jumpstream in the middle of the song. Lunar Saturation is pretty fast but has a minimal amount of jumpstream. Novo Mundo has really slow jumpstream throughout most of the song, excluding the long pauses in the middle. Garyuutensei has a bit, if I recall correctly. BB Euro has one section of jumpstream near the beginning, and BB Evolution has that one section of very fast jumpstream. AAA has lots of stream and some jumpstream in the second half of the song. Classical Insanity has one section of jumpstream near the end.

Those songs above generally aren't all jumpstream; they only have a few sections (well, everybody stole all the good ideas already :(). Here's a list.

-Gacha Gacha Cute Hertz atto Radio
-Turbulence
-Lunar Saturation
-Garyuutensei
-BB Euro
-BB Evolution
-AAA
-Classical Insanity

Yeah, I basically listed anything that had any jumpstream at all.

Kynosaur 09-28-2008 12:53 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone, I've got a good enough idea of where to get started now :)

rushyrulz 09-28-2008 10:42 PM

lol I love how everyone is suggesting uber hard songs. TRY FRICTIONAL NEVADA! lol

Etude to a Dragon is probably the best, with {Firestorm} in a close second. Cosmic Orchestra helps a bunch with JS patterns. BB Evolution is good for getting good at jumps. If you can't FC the huge jump section in Evo with some degree of ease, you need to keep practicing. Once you can totally nail Evo with like under 50 goods, you'll be ready to PA the harder songs like Southern Cross and EHHS. I've been practicing for a long time and I've just gotten to the point where I can legitimately FC EHHS without mashing.