Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Is your keyboard missing anything? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121494)

AK-14 12-9-2011 08:30 AM

Is your keyboard missing anything?

There's an entire button on my keyboard broken off. I have to tape um..tape.. to my A button so that it'll register the letter. You know, it's only one of the most important letters in the English language, but who needs vowels, right?

So, how many of you have keyboards with keys or letters missing and you've Macgyver'd it into something that laughs in the face of electricity?

hi19hi19 12-9-2011 08:35 AM

Re: Is your keyboard missing anything?

I tore the windows key off my laptop. Good riddance, all it ever does is piss me off when I accidentally press it.

Other than that, no.

Choofers 12-9-2011 08:38 AM

My F12 button is missing. There was some kind of bug on it while I was in the field and I flicked it off (along with the key).

Hit my NCO in the forehead, oops.

awein999 12-9-2011 08:44 AM

The "K" key symbol has completely worn off so it's blank.

samurai7694 12-9-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awein999 (Post 3586942)
The "K" key symbol has completely worn off so it's blank.

yea mine is missing "k", "l", "<", and ">"

AK-14 12-9-2011 08:49 AM

Only part of them? That's...different. Which parts work?

ghost- 12-9-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3586941)
My F12 button is missing. There was some kind of bug on it while I was in the field and I flicked it off (along with the key).

Hit my NCO in the forehead, oops.

wait wat. why did you have your comp in the field?

btw no i don't have anything missing...yet

AK-14 12-9-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subin (Post 3586946)
My 2 key on the numpad that I use for the down key cracked, so I replaced it with the * key above the numpad. You can see the innards of the keyboard where the * key should be.

EDIT: I just realised it's also missing a self cleansing mechanism, and a coffee-maker for my daily caffeine.

So I take it that it's higher tier? A coffee maker? o.o

MaxGhost 12-9-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3586940)
I tore the windows key off my laptop. Good riddance, all it ever does is piss me off when I accidentally press it.

Other than that, no.

I use my windows key ALLLLLL the time. Best key. Only time it could be annoying is in games, but really, you stop stop trying to mash in games, you shouldn't even be getting close to touching it. To me, caps lock is more annoying than the windows key.

Back on topic, I'm not rough with my keyboards, except for when I play FFR and I go all out on those four select keys. I don't have anything missing on any of my current keyboards. A few of my older ones lost their little plastic feet, but that's about it.

Poison- 12-9-2011 09:06 AM

I accidentally hit the windows key all the time when I played. Just because you hit it doesn't mean you're mashing though. It' all about how your hands are positioned.

Cavernio 12-9-2011 10:01 AM

Umm, none? Keyboards are free on kijiji...

Man, even my 10 year old desktop keyboard that's my ffr keyboard isn't missing any keys. It's...inconceivable that I'd be missing keys. And I break, like, everything. I've lost count of the headsets I've gone through the past couple years.

rushyrulz 12-9-2011 10:07 AM

my function key broke after my sister's 2 year old went nuts on my laptop, so I replaced the back of the key with the back of the windows key and now my windows key is broken, but I never use that so, we're good in that dept.

Emo_Saur_ 12-9-2011 10:09 AM

Yeah, my keyboard is missing a fridge.

Cold Kitten 12-9-2011 10:58 AM

It's worse than this now, too, btw.

rushyrulz 12-9-2011 11:05 AM

my keyboard is missing random notes on FFR.

welsh_girl 12-9-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold Kitten (Post 3587001)

It's worse than this now, too, btw.

Are there any interesting stories behind any of those missing keys?

Only have my #9 missing.

Choofers 12-9-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost- (Post 3586945)
wait wat. why did you have your comp in the field?

btw no i don't have anything missing...yet

I used my computer to keep track of all the sensitive equipment our communications shop repaired/replaced.

At one point I had over 6000 serial numbers for equipment lol. Almost got a medal for it but I was medically discharged before it was finalized.

Poison- 12-9-2011 11:53 AM

Many keys of mine have their letters or numbers completely worn off. My O key is permanately pressed in (due to rage) as well.

prefx 12-9-2011 12:24 PM

My old laptop is missing q w o p a s k l z x m ,

Crashfan3 12-9-2011 12:47 PM

My old keyboard wasn't missing any keys, but something was broken inside and Q, W, E, A, S, Z, and Tab wouldn't register. It was a Microsoft Sidewinder X6 that I bought used. It died about 5 months ago, so then I bought a NIB Sidewinder, and I haven't had any problems since. It's really dirty though, because I eat at the computer a lot. :)