Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   No Way... FFR Lag Gone For Good! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115630)

Phynx 11-24-2010 04:03 PM

No Way... FFR Lag Gone For Good!

1 Attachment(s)
I finally found a combo of things that ends all lag completely for me on FFR...

FYI, using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit so this will probably work best for those on that OS. Anyway, I've been really trying hard to find better solutions to reduce flash lag and my GOD... I really found a true solution. Like holy ****e amazing good.

H'okay, so, I'm using the newest Firefox(oh and with this I just have the typical add-ons like adblock, etc.):
http://www.mozilla.com/

And with firefox I'm using this version of Flash 9. Yes 9, not 10.
http://forum.jayceooi.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=82
!UPDATE! I tested this method with flash 10.1 over a Firefox, Chrome, and IE and they all worked just as good as using flash version 9.x. So feel free to update to the latest flash player. I hope it works fine still for you all as well. If it don't, just uninstall flash player and re-install the 9.x version. You can DL a flash player uninstaller from the attachment I placed on this post.

Now just recently, gamebooster 2.0 came out, it's free and FRUCKIN' AMAZING! Get it. Once you install it, it shows a list of all the services n **** that it will close, check ALL of these services and then turn game booster on.
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Now once you have these items, right click on any flash.swf item, go to settings, uncheck the "Enable Hardware Acceleration" option.

Upon doing all of these things, as they did for me, I HOPE they work just as good for you. I'm dead serious when I say I don't get any lag, like... at all. None. Zilch. Not even random small lags at times. I pray this helps everyone on any windows OS(don't know if it works for mac/linux, haven't checked) cause my lord it really helps me.

Xx{Midnight}xX 11-24-2010 04:08 PM

Re: No Way... FFR Lag Gone For Good!

Interesting. Might give this a shot.

iamgoodhehe 11-24-2010 04:14 PM

It does work because I've been doing this since the first day game booster 2 came out :D

shonen7 11-24-2010 04:15 PM

Standalone ftw but Gamebooster looks worth checking out.

HoneyMelonCalibrator 11-24-2010 04:18 PM

Giving this a shot as we speak.

prefx 11-24-2010 04:19 PM

Stadalone + Windows basic theme.

God you guys are hilariously slow.

Aero themes + Flash = lag.

NO PROGRAM NEEDED.

Hell, you don't even need the standalone, just untick hardware accell and windows basic theme.

Phynx 11-24-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prefx (Post 3350414)
Stadalone + Windows basic theme.

God you guys are hilariously slow.

Aero themes + Flash = lag.

NO PROGRAM NEEDED.

Hell, you don't even need the standalone, just untick hardware accell and windows basic theme.

I've tried this. :< It still created lag for me, turning off all aero themes for whatever reason still caused lag. It's not just the themes of windows. There's a multitude of things causing lag, this solution just shuts them all off.

prefx 11-24-2010 04:23 PM

MAybe it's cause I have 32 bit windows 7 ultimate

duddychuck@yahoo.com 11-24-2010 04:23 PM

Interesting...

rushyrulz 11-24-2010 04:24 PM

Sweet, hope this works on my vista.

t-rogdor 11-24-2010 04:47 PM

Well hey, it actually works. Cool.

TC_Halogen 11-24-2010 04:54 PM

PHENOMENAL results, also on Windows 7 Ultimate.

I was playing on the Flash Player on low quality for a while - after seeing this, I decided to give it a try. Ran PERFECTLY on my standalone at high quality, so I gave it the ultimate test, playing on Firefox + Flash 10. Very little lag on high quality, and zero lag on low quality.

Anyone struggling with this, you -have- to get this program.

Phynx 11-24-2010 05:03 PM

Glad I could help ^_^
Got sick of flash lag in general. Tried lots of things, this solution was gold. :D

i love you 11-24-2010 05:05 PM

It works O_O

EDIT: On stepmania that is

Xception704 11-24-2010 05:06 PM

IOBit generally has really good software.

I for one have used their Advanced SystemCare program for a few years now and love it. GameBooster never really made a difference for me and felt like a hassle, but my system doesn't really lag during games anyway so feel free to try it.

Phynx 11-24-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xception704 (Post 3350456)
IOBit generally has really good software.

I for one have used their Advanced SystemCare program for a few years now and love it. GameBooster never really made a difference for me and felt like a hassle, but my system doesn't really lag during games anyway so feel free to try it.

I think I'm gonna get this now. :)

i love you 11-24-2010 05:31 PM

Another thing i love about this is that it actually tells you if a driver in your computer is out of date. It even provides you with a direct download link to the updated driver. This is simply amazing.

Xx{Midnight}xX 11-24-2010 05:33 PM

Great program and gives me a reason to use Firefox again :D

Thank you sir for the thread and the awesomeness.

jimerax 11-24-2010 05:36 PM

gamebooster looks nice.

also I should get a better mobile PC (Atom basically sucks).

Patashu 11-24-2010 05:38 PM

it would be beast if there was a news post giving tips on how to reduce FFR lag