Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   FFR Mapus (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=96260)

Mans0n 07-17-2008 10:35 PM

FFR Mapus

I think it's a pretty good idea/new addition/feature. The bad thing is that maybe its a little to personal with the showing where people live part.
But overall yeah, maybe you guy's (admins) could find out where the most FFR users are. And have a convention there.

jugglinguy 07-17-2008 10:37 PM

Re: FFR Mapus

Considering the road names are very inaccurate, it doesn't show your exact address, and people could track your information without this, I don't see your problem. Plus, I don't think anyone would be rushing to visit you.

Sullyman2007 07-17-2008 10:38 PM

Mine's about six miles off.

Commandersa1 07-17-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jugglinguy (Post 2359875)
Plus, I don't think anyone would be rushing to visit you.

Maybe to try to destroy his computer.

BarberFloyd 07-17-2008 10:40 PM

bit creepy
OMG
I'M GONNA BE OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSE IN 5 MIN!

FlameFalco 07-17-2008 10:43 PM

The FFR Mapus basically cut my thread to pieces.

However, it is a cool feature and can be used to set up regional ffr events.

Xx{Midday}xX 07-17-2008 10:44 PM

I want to see all active/historically epic user locations at one time...

=)

active people who live near me: SnS, robertsona, Windscarredfaith, stargroup100, Sprite-, Fantasticone.
some not so active yet friends of mine: LilyPichu

I'm going to be where jimerax is in one month. I wonder if I can personally meet him =P

EDIT: tuv, don't double post.

jugglinguy 07-17-2008 10:50 PM

The only people near me are people i've never heard of and wouldn't care to meet. /wrists.

I'm really surprised by the lack of people from foreign countries (besides UK of course). I'm hoping someone from antarctica joins though =P.

Xx{Midday}xX 07-17-2008 10:52 PM

There are many users who have come to me complaining they can't see the mapus. The link gives them a blank page.

Any idea as to why?

EDIT: If there were more foreigners, I wouldn't be bored of FFR from 3AM - 9AM EST.

foilman8805 07-17-2008 10:53 PM

My pin is literally 15 miles off. It's nowhere close to where I live.

Mans0n 07-17-2008 10:54 PM

I cant figure out how to use it....
the thing goes offscreen or something.
apparently its subby only i guess, no wonder they call'ed it the beta.

hoochan 07-17-2008 10:54 PM

The pin isn't where you live. It tracks your IP address which then leads to the headquarters of your internet company, not you.

knuckles2224 07-17-2008 10:55 PM

I have a problem with it, um I was on my account, showed my name and location, then since I knew my friend's password I logged in his to see if it would show his name too, and that worked, logged back in mines it wouldn't show my name, so I told my brother to log in so I can see something he did, directed him to the map, it showed his name, I logged into mines once again, shows his name there now , and still not mines. =P

chidori! 07-17-2008 10:56 PM

i'm like the only one in my state :(

Crashfan3 07-17-2008 10:56 PM

I likes. Great way to finally (hopefully) find and hang out with someone who might actually be able to beat me at FFR.
Right now, the only one who even has a 1% chance is my RL friend cannon_master. -_-

<---- lonely person

Mans0n 07-17-2008 10:57 PM

Then it's useless unless you wany view what area people around you are in, unless thier ip company headquarters is far away.
It should say your street name and thats all.
So if anyone is gonna try and meetup with you, they gotta do some work finding your house.
lol

Sullyman2007 07-17-2008 10:57 PM

Probably just all you firefags having problems :p
Works fine for me, don't use a proxy.

Xx{Midday}xX 07-17-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mans0n (Post 2360142)
I cant figure out how to use it....
the thing goes offscreen or something.
apparently its subby only i guess, no wonder they call'ed it the beta.

They wouldn't announce nonpublic features on the homepage for the public. Would they?

Some nonsubs seem to be able to see it fine.

MalDON 07-17-2008 10:58 PM

None of the information we use is private. Your location is only an approximation and is in no way close enough that someone could "track you down". For those of you who can't get to the page: Try again later. The page is probably taking too long to load and you get timed out, or disconnected.

I'll consider an opt. out option.

hoochan 07-17-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knuckles2224 (Post 2360161)
I have a problem with it, um I was on my account, showed my name and location, then since I knew my friend's password I logged in his to see if it would show his name too, and that worked, logged back in mines it wouldn't show my name, so I told my brother to log in so I can see something he did, directed him to the map, it showed his name, I logged into mines once again, shows his name there now , and still not mines. =P

It has to do with your IP. Since you logged into your friend's account on your computer, it thinks that your friend lives at your location. Also, this will not work since you all now share the same IP and I guess it only shows the name of 1 person with that IP.