Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   It was like an out of body experience. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=93867)

Reptar Bars 06-4-2008 01:26 PM

It was like an out of body experience.

So, I'm new here. Hi.
:D
And I was playing a song called Spontaneous Hydroxide, or something like that. It was the second set of songs in the dance category.

Anyway, I was just playing, and this wave of arrows comes on, and I'm like "****." But, my fingers were hitting the right arrows.
FREE OF MY OWN WILL.
D:
I hit all of them 'perfect'.
It was like, my brain saw, and my fingers acted.

IT WAS CRAZY.
=D
In a good way.

Has anything like this happened to you?
O:

TheRapingDragon 06-4-2008 01:27 PM

Re: It was like an out of body experience.

It's normally the best way to deal with things. It's called "reflex".

sumzup 06-4-2008 01:32 PM

Yeah, this has happened to me before. I've hit waves of arrows that I haven't registered fully as they come through. After a while, though comprehension will result and it'll be less luck/reflex and more pure skill.

Reptar Bars 06-4-2008 01:38 PM

Well, I can't wait when that happens.
:]

Warancient 06-4-2008 01:57 PM

I love that feeling. A impossible to do arrow rhythm pops up, and your brain can't process it quick enough, but than your finger move on there own free will without my say. I got all perfects...but that the rush ended and I got a miss on a simple one :(

rushyrulz 06-4-2008 02:13 PM

Too bad it wasn't on Death Piano...

It's happened to me before, but not as major. I was AAAing a song and something came at me that I wasn't expecting and I was like WHOA WTF in my head, but my fingers did the right thing and I kept AAAing on my merry way.

P.S. this was the song I was talking about. It gets really tricky after 800 and luckily, I got them all perfect and got the AAA =P

P.P.S. Did you AAA Spontaneous Hydroxide and get the token?

Tasselfoot 06-4-2008 02:14 PM

just wait until you're doing that with For Masters Only songs, instead of Very Easy songs.

Xx{Midday}xX 06-4-2008 02:20 PM

Once you become supernatural at this game, you can play stealth with just the song, no arrows.

rushyrulz 06-4-2008 02:22 PM

lol, Midday. I think you're confusing the rest of the FFR community with you

Xx{Midday}xX 06-4-2008 02:25 PM

The only song I have AAAd stealth is {Sunlight}. I'm sure anyone can accomplish one song in stealth mode. You can try first. It's not so hard.

Note: It took me at least 200 games before I memorized the stepchart. I only did it, because I liked this song the most at the time, and I was really happy I got the required boos on Silence to achieve this skill token. I haven't played {Sunlight} since October.

funmonkey54 06-4-2008 02:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This just recently happened to me. I loaded up this song and forgot I was playing it. I was just so absorbed in the song. It is what I like to call a "decent stepfile". :D

Xx{Midday}xX 06-4-2008 02:30 PM

I just noticed. The results screen doesn't have the stepfile artist in it. =/

All_That_Chaz 06-4-2008 02:42 PM

Happened to me the first time I started being able to combo {Rose}. It's an awesome feeling.

Frozen Beat 06-4-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midday}xX (Post 2195544)
The only song I have AAAd stealth is {Sunlight}. I'm sure anyone can accomplish one song in stealth mode. You can try first. It's not so hard.

Note: It took me at least 200 games before I memorized the stepchart. I only did it, because I liked this song the most at the time, and I was really happy I got the required boos on Silence to achieve this skill token. I haven't played {Sunlight} since October.

Once again, you have amazed me.

*bows*

This happens to me on Lunar Saturation...

Coolboyrulez0 06-4-2008 03:08 PM

Yeah this is like the "zoning out" that happens sometimes where you just hit the arrows and think about nothing else

rushyrulz 06-4-2008 03:19 PM

I don't think he's talking about zoning out, its just like, 'whoa, did I just do that' instead of 'I fell asleep and AAA'd Death Piano.'

LLaMaSaUceYup 06-4-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 (Post 2195597)
Yeah this is like the "zoning out" that happens sometimes where you just hit the arrows and think about nothing else

Yeah I'll be sitting there and blank out for a couple seconds but will still be hitting everything, haha.

Izzy 06-4-2008 04:03 PM

Yes this happens with just about everything. I cant read the notes for ****.

Reptar Bars 06-4-2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 2195526)
Too bad it wasn't on Death Piano...

It's happened to me before, but not as major. I was AAAing a song and something came at me that I wasn't expecting and I was like WHOA WTF in my head, but my fingers did the right thing and I kept AAAing on my merry way.

P.S. this was the song I was talking about. It gets really tricky after 800 and luckily, I got them all perfect and got the AAA =P

P.P.S. Did you AAA Spontaneous Hydroxide and get the token?

I actually don't know what AAA means.
xD
Does it mean to get all of them perfect?
O:

.Holy 06-4-2008 06:17 PM

lol Spontaneous Hydroxide is a pretty easy song compared to Vertex Beta or Crowdpleaser. It feels amazing when you do crazy in Crowdpleaser.