Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Beta First Simfile Release - Sound Check (Gravity) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=106656)

Vuture 02-23-2009 11:20 PM

Beta First Simfile Release - Sound Check (Gravity)

Yea, I know it's a sissy move, but I'm really nervous about releasing my first file out there for all to play. As such I'm asking for some peeps to test my file and give me pointers on where to improve and which areas I totally sucked at. Please, no n00bs asking to test. I want only well established members of the FFR and SM community to test this. No offense to newbs, I'm one myself, just I really want people who have been at this awhile to help me out. Oh yea, the song info

Title: Sound Check (Gravity)
Artist: Gorillaz
Stepfile: Vuture (VIVuture) [Me of course :P]
Platform: Stepmania (Sorry FFR, I don't have permission to release to FFR yet)
Difficulty: Medium
Started On: 2/19/09
Completed: 2/22/09

Again, if you would like to test it, post here or PM me.

who_cares973 02-24-2009 02:09 AM

Re: Beta First Simfile Release - Sound Check (Gravity)

i'll test it if you'd like. unless i'm too newb ;-;

Zybanthia 02-24-2009 02:23 AM

I'm certainly no noob. I just don't have a big name around here. I'll test it if you want, otherwise, good luck.

Also, it may be good to send it off to a couple people, but it's all your choice.

L0NEvvolf 02-24-2009 08:52 AM

Might I test or am I also to noob?

Vuture 02-24-2009 10:08 AM

Lol, none of yall are n00bs lol. I just meant players who not a single person knows and have like 2 post. I'll send the file to all of you.

who_cares973 02-24-2009 11:32 AM

cool

who_cares973@yahoo.com

randomdragoon 02-24-2009 11:39 AM

I'm bored. I'll test it out

randomdragoon at gmail.com

Zybanthia 02-24-2009 11:44 AM

zybanthia@hotmail.com

kommisar[os] 02-24-2009 02:01 PM

send to me only if you want an honest strict review.

kommisar@flashflashrevolution.com

Vuture 02-24-2009 02:26 PM

Thank you. I just sent the file to all of you. The subject is Vuture - Simfile, and the e-mail address you'll probably recognize right off the bat.

randomdragoon 02-24-2009 07:29 PM

no offense dude but that sucked

First thing you need to work on is getting the bpm right, because that wasn't even synched. Actually, this is probably a bad song to start out with because I don't think it has a constant bpm. Start with some electronic stuff with an obvious beat so you can get used to finding the bpm, because constantly changing bpm is a bitch to work with

Seriously, get the sync right before anything else. It's the most basic component; bad sync will trump everything else in that it automatically makes your file sucky.

I'm not even going to go into your step pattern problems now, since you really need correct bpm before anything else.

Oubliette 02-24-2009 08:45 PM

you might like to check the stickys to see some simfile making guides on the forums, theres also some useful programs out there such as the MixMeister BPM Analyzer, it detects the songs bpm and you can use the detected bpm into the song your working on in stepmania

who_cares973 02-24-2009 09:19 PM

mixmiester only works well for songs without bpm changes such as newgrounds music and generic techno and such

Vuture 02-25-2009 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randomdragoon (Post 2990733)
no offense dude but that sucked

First thing you need to work on is getting the bpm right, because that wasn't even synched. Actually, this is probably a bad song to start out with because I don't think it has a constant bpm. Start with some electronic stuff with an obvious beat so you can get used to finding the bpm, because constantly changing bpm is a bitch to work with

Seriously, get the sync right before anything else. It's the most basic component; bad sync will trump everything else in that it automatically makes your file sucky.

I'm not even going to go into your step pattern problems now, since you really need correct bpm before anything else.

*cries* jk
Ya, I know it wasn't great, but that's why I have people test it lol. I've been working on it some more lately and like you said, I've been trying to sync it. (For some reason the assist ticker didn't start working until yesterday). I also changed what beats the arrows focused on, as It's too difficult to focus on the bass line like I have been doing.

As far as an easier song goes, I've started working on a different on. It's alot more steady, but will involve some holds, which should be fun. You can google the song if you'd like and tell me if you think it's a good choice:

Title: Dirty-Clean
Artist: Plichard

Then again, he's not like a big name artist so Idk if google will pop something up :P

who_cares973 02-25-2009 12:44 PM

i'm about to play it in a few but I have a quick question. why did you copy and paste what was in the .sm and paste it as the email message and sent the song seperately ?_?

next time just zip the folder that the .sm and the song is in

Vuture 02-25-2009 01:59 PM

Lol, I realized I did that right after I sent the file. And slapped myself

randomdragoon 02-25-2009 07:06 PM

also, you don't need to send the .dwi or the .old files

(or you can send the .dwi instead of the .sm if you like dwi better for some reason)