Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Average Rank & Skill/Token Songs (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121226)

Diablillo 11-19-2011 08:13 PM

Average Rank & Skill/Token Songs

Hello.

Recently you said that Skill and Token songs won't affect anymore the Average Rank, though a few hours ago I played Spontaneous Hydroxide Ver. 2 and, although I obtained a significantly better rank (actually, I got Full Combo) still it affected negatively some decimals of the Average Rank. OK, it doesn't happen anything when you only play once, but if you continue playing on the Genre, it will start to become an issue, specially if it's like my case, that I want to get under Average Rank 1000 to obtain that token, and every little progress counts.

Thanks.

BahamutZER0 11-19-2011 08:19 PM

Re: Average Rank & Skill/Token Songs

Your average and overall ranks naturally increase over time as other people play, doesn't have anything to do with playing the particular song

rushyrulz 11-19-2011 08:20 PM

don't think the issue of score overwriting on the velocity engine has been fixed yet.

Diablillo 11-19-2011 08:22 PM

I always play with two windows opened: one for the game and another one for the Level Rank page. If I refresh the page without playing anything, the Average Rank stays the same; though immediately after I play a Skill/Token song, when I refresh I found that the Rank got "worse" a dozen of decimals, like I explained.

EDIT: rushyrulz, I use the normal engine.

dragonmegaXX 11-20-2011 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diablillo (Post 3572462)
I always play with two windows opened: one for the game and another one for the Level Rank page. If I refresh the page without playing anything, the Average Rank stays the same; though immediately after I play a Skill/Token song, when I refresh I found that the Rank got "worse" a dozen of decimals, like I explained.

EDIT: rushyrulz, I use the normal engine.

Fixed

psychoangel691 11-20-2011 12:02 AM

Tokens shouldn't be effecting average rank at all ?_?

YoshL 11-20-2011 01:06 AM

it's because the engines are buggy when doing that. They occasionally overwrite your scores (locally), but in reality, your actual rank will not actually be affected. It just shows up wrongly in the engines.

rushyrulz 11-20-2011 01:09 AM

and it screws with perfect count in your levelranks.

56 12 11ELEVEN 2,364,525 0 12 1 0 4 1528 156

Diablillo 11-20-2011 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3572578)
Tokens shouldn't be effecting average rank at all ?_?

Well, it says so in the Home Page, in the topic about the updates on the engines. In my personal opinion, I think Skill Tokens should affect the Average Rank, since you obtained those songs using your skills in the game, but I don't really have a problem in the way it is now. The problem is when I play a Skill or Token song and not only not contributes to improve my Average Rank, but to get it a little worse... the reason why I made this thread in the first place.

To YOSHI: it doesn't "appear" incorrectly on the engines, but at the page of Level Rank. Like I said, immediately after I finish a Skill song, I reload the Level Rank page, and that's when I find that the Average Rank is a bit worse, even when I played the song better than my last time.

YoshL 11-20-2011 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diablillo (Post 3572661)
The problem is when I play a Skill or Token song and not only not contributes to improve my Average Rank, but to get it a little worse... the reason why I made this thread in the first place.

what you're saying is false. again, it only messes up in what it shows in the engine. otherwise, your actual average rank won't be affected.

Also, please stop using that fontcolor+bold+italics. It's really annoying.

SeraphinEveles 11-20-2011 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3572642)
and it screws with perfect count in your levelranks.

on this note, did velocity ever fix the problem where AAA's wouldn't be counted as FC's?