Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   ffr is choppy (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=126264)

XxDeathstalkeRxX 09-28-2012 06:11 AM

ffr is choppy

i know this has been talked about a few times places and ive read and tried everything ive read and nothing seems to fix the choppyness and was just trying to see if anyone knows anything besides all the stupid obvious stuff like ccleaner and closing programs and using gamebooster...its ever since i reformatted it started happening, and its not just when theres a lot of arrows flying up the screen, its just sparatic

I like it 09-28-2012 06:21 AM

Re: ffr is choppy

try a standalone

Kynosaur 09-28-2012 06:21 AM

+1 haven't been able to fix this properly for years ._.

It's why I often have a hideous amount of restarts on everything, seems to fix it momentarily if I restart a few times right at the beginning >.>

justin_ator 09-28-2012 09:53 AM

If you haven't yet, look in this thread and check out some of the recommendations, and try using the standalone flash player. Take into consideration doing things like changing window's theme to Classic, it helps a LOT for me.

edit: There will always be a certain "choppiness" to it though, because the game runs in 30 frames/sec. It has physical limitations unfortunately.

popsicle_3000 09-28-2012 10:16 AM

standalone seems to sort the problem out. once you play around w/ dif versions of flash, and of the engine, it runs pretty well for most people.
and congrats on 1st post!!

Zageron 09-28-2012 10:47 AM

flash, as a platform, is pretty terrible for high precision games like FFR. FFRs original calculation method is frame based, to the frame. So FFR has a lot to think about, every single frame. Unfortunately this causes problems, especially in MP.

New updates from Adobe are solving those problems, but the Legacy and Velocity engines are written in a very outdated way. Most, if not all, lag problems should be removed from future engines.

Velocity 09-28-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 3779167)
FFRs original calculation method is frame based, to the frame. So FFR has a lot to think about, every single frame.

That being said, everything in flash games are frame locked, unless they use something called a Worker in Flash 11.4+, this allow multithreading without affecting the main thread.

So all games have a lot to think about every frame, it's just that FFR has a lot of moving pieces that require absolutely no lag at all, which is incredibly hard.

ilikexd 09-28-2012 11:46 AM

I use Vista and have the same issue (choppy frames and occasional random late goods), and I never could totally fix it, but through GameBooster and following a lot of the other lag-reducing tips in the standalone guide: like changing my theme and toolbar to Classic theme, I was able to significantly reduce the problem (not sure if you've already done all that).

FN_Boski 09-28-2012 01:02 PM

I definitely give +1 to using Standalone. Although it is not guaranteed lag free 100% of the time, I have noticed a substantial drop in lag and the possibility of lag. For me, typically restarting the song even in the middle of it seems to correct the problem