Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   2 hands? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=114589)

Solaris730 10-17-2010 11:40 AM

2 hands?

when you play FFR , can you use two hands?:?
how?
:-?
:arrow::oops::confused:

Matrixdude 10-17-2010 11:56 AM

Re: 2 hands?

Yes you can use however many hands you want to.

In the settings tab (in the top right hand corner of the game screen) there are four spots under "Key Configuration" in which you can assign each arrow to a different key on the keyboard.

Many people, including myself, set the keys up with A and S for the left hand and K and L for the right hand.

This makes it easier to hit fast patterns and I definitely recommend using two hands.

You may also just use the arrow keys and play "Index" style using just your index fingers on both of your hands. It all comes down to personal preference so tweak around with it and see what suits you best!

nois-or-e 10-17-2010 12:01 PM

I prefer to use index on a spread setup using only one hand.

When the arrows get too hard I just start crying and hit my face against the keyboard until it's over.

Frozen Beat 10-17-2010 12:09 PM

If you don't use two hands, you'll end up never getting to the elite level of keyboard rhythm action no joke. I get people constantly complaining to me why they never get any better, and there are loads of people pushing that person to change their style from one hand to two hands.

One handed players are, for the most part, not pro at this game, with the exception of a select few

Zageron 10-17-2010 12:23 PM

This again. :D

To have fun: Play however you want, or try some really abstract style.
To be really good: Play spread, or spend way too much time playing another style.

I play one handed. ;]

i love you 10-17-2010 12:31 PM

Spread is definitely the best overall style to use by theory. Most people use the ASKL setup (A = Left middle finger, S = Left index finer, K = Right index finger, L = Right middle finger) however, it's best to set up your key-setup the way that is more comfortable for you. You can also try a setup like for example: CVBN which is a closer setup and gives you an advantage to index one handed trills while still playing spread which is preferred for some people. I personally use CV,. because i find the lower part of the keyboard more comfortable and that, in my opinion, it's easier for me to trill and wrist-jack patterns.

Cenright 10-17-2010 02:15 PM

Or you can be freaky like me, and come up with something interesting, Like the Crossover Method.
My left hand does the left and right.
My right hand does the up and down.

Since I still use the arrow keys, my right hand crosses over my left, thus the name.

But really, it is up to you how you play. As you play more, learn to adjust your play style to make yourself faster. (Even Tiger Woods changes his golf swing to try to always find a better way.)

darren1234 10-17-2010 02:19 PM

i play right hand up down and right and my left hand dose left, two hands on the arrows keys , Or left = z up =x down -, right = . i find it works well

Silver_Brian 10-17-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cenright (Post 3313517)
Or you can be freaky like me, and come up with something interesting, Like the Crossover Method.
My left hand does the left and right.
My right hand does the up and down.

Since I still use the arrow keys, my right hand crosses over my left, thus the name.

But really, it is up to you how you play. As you play more, learn to adjust your play style to make yourself faster. (Even Tiger Woods changes his golf swing to try to always find a better way.)

I used this method until I learned how to map keys. It's using the same fingering as spread but the keys aren't actually spread out. But yeah spread probably has the biggest advantage over the most types of patterns.

cool110 10-17-2010 02:28 PM

Personally I find QSLP to be more ergonomic.

TheSaxRunner05 10-17-2010 02:30 PM

That crossover method seems very akward to me....

I play spread, using my pointer and middle fingers on each hand, left hand on G and H with my right hand on K and L. I like having the one key gap so my thumbs arent squeezed together, but I dont like the A,S,K,L gap, it seems too far for me.

Really, just try a bunch of different set ups until you find what's comfortable. GHKL ended up being the best for me.

nois-or-e 10-17-2010 04:27 PM

FFR broke my 'S' & 'L' keys during a recent DF tourney. Currently using DF56 (numpad).
I have stupidly large hands though, so the bigger gap is epicly awesome.

Frozen Beat 10-17-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 3313406)
This again. :D

To have fun: Play however you want, or try some really abstract style.
To be really good: Play spread, or spend way too much time playing another style.

I play one handed. ;]

For the most part, I believe games are funner the better you are at them

Zageron 10-17-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen Beat (Post 3313828)
For the most part, I believe games are funner the better you are at them

The fun comes out of getting achievements within your own bounds.

Ex. If I compared myself to the top spread players in this game, I would never have fun because I suck horrendously in comparison.

Instead if I compare myself to how I used to play, and fellow One Handers, you feel better about your skill. (Thus having more fun.)

:]

PhaeL v2 10-17-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool110 (Post 3313532)
Personally I find QSLP to be more ergonomic.

Totally this. A "crooked" setup is way more comfortable than a lined setup, like ASKL.

I personally use EFKO/WDLP.

Frozen Beat 10-17-2010 05:54 PM

"The fun comes out of getting achievements within your own bounds."
I assume you have two hands

"Ex. If I compared myself to the top spread players in this game, I would never have fun because I suck horrendously in comparison."
Some people don't care if they suck and do it out of leisure

"Instead if I compare myself to how I used to play, and fellow One Handers, you feel better about your skill. (Thus having more fun.)"
So you're blindsiding yourself to 2handers

Oh well

Crisis_Adverted 10-18-2010 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhaeL v2 (Post 3313849)
Totally this. A "crooked" setup is way more comfortable than a lined setup, like ASKL.

I want to try this now. Otherwise I use AKSL, QOWP OR XNCM.
For some reason I HAVE to reverse the up and down arrows, my brain won't let me play ASKL. Lol.

Go figure. After trying it I find that I can play EFKO without having to reverse the up and down arrows. Super uncomfortable though.
Fun for a new spin on the game though.

Cenright 10-18-2010 12:59 AM

Sounds like Crisis is Lysdexic.

Crisis_Adverted 10-18-2010 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cenright (Post 3314383)
Sounds like Crisis is Lysdexic.

Cross dominant yes. Dyslexic not that I know of. xD

who_cares973 10-18-2010 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhaeL v2 (Post 3313849)

so true although my set up is thji