Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Questions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=136299)

STD_Sappy 04-9-2014 10:48 PM

Questions

So, seeing as I took a century hiatus, I've come back to play a little, and have been having a good time playing some charts that provide me with nostalgia.

Just a few queshes,

If I'm playing on FFR Legacy, are scores that I get still relevant?

Also, on the Velocity engine, everything is hella early, is there a default global offset people play with? Or do I have to just fiddle with it until the sync is right?

Third, are people using the Amazing judgment in recent tournaments? Or is it still Legacy's PA system?

I'm just trying to figure out what the bar has been set to in the past ~2 years so I can potentially practice again in between school, work, and life in general.

Nice to see some of you still active on here, I've missed most of you.

Thanks for the answers!

-Sappy

Pseudo Enigma 04-9-2014 10:53 PM

Re: Questions

Going to try to answer a couple of these with my limited experience having been out of the game for a couple years 〈(•ˇ‿ˇ•)

Quote:

Originally Posted by STD_Sappy (Post 4113830)

absolutely. We have multiple engines but scoring is valid across all of them.
Quote:

Third, are people using the Amazing judgment in recent tournaments? Or is it still Legacy's PA system?

Am-P-G-Av-M-B is just more precise than without Amazing. It's there to show off how ridiculous your accuracy is (you got it on the exact frame required, as opposed to within 3) Disregarding Amazings is still completely OK.

edit:
as for the global offset, I don't know. Other people can tell you what they use, but you're probably going to have to fiddle around with it yourself to find what is most comfortable. I can't tell you since I haven't played in a long time. :(

STD_Sappy 04-9-2014 10:57 PM

Thanks for the help.

What about global offset issues? I think I'll just avoid the Velocity Engine in general if that's the case. I really do enjoy old FFR.

The exception I'll make to switch over is if I can somehow make the sync perfect so I can practice on Velocity to then score better on Legacy (kinda like SM to FFR in the old days)

Wayward Vagabond 04-9-2014 11:02 PM

Hi sappy

XelNya 04-10-2014 04:09 AM

Quote:

So, seeing as I took a century hiatus, I've come back to play a little, and have been having a good time playing some charts that provide me with nostalgia.

Just a few queshes,

No play R^3ed noob.

Also, on the Velocity engine, everything is hella early, is there a default global offset people play with? Or do I have to just fiddle with it until the sync is right?

Stop using it. See above. Start with global 2 judge 1 then play a song without the judgements popping up at all and then right click where it says "Speed" on the results screen and use the number there (not the + or - one mind you) and use that to tinker with it 'till it feels right (this number goes in the judge box not the offset box, which you'll kinda have to guess on.) Using 60FPS helps this a ton. (Thank Arcnmix for this I really just dumped down his explanation.) You'll also have to higher your speed mod I imagine.

Legacy. The judgment is just there for curiosity's sake. It give no extra value other than bragging rights.

I'm just trying to figure out what the bar has been set to in the past ~2 years so I can potentially practice again in between school, work, and life in general.

AAA FMOs or you suck. No one gives two shits if you can AAA anything like Ivaltek and what not.

I doubt I am among them.

Thanks for the answers!

Sure.

-Sappy

I have no comment.

Responses in bold. Covers a lot of info.

rushyrulz 04-10-2014 08:38 AM

Quote:

Just a few queshes,

Thanks for the answers!

-Sappy

Quote:

Just a few queshes,

Quote:

queshes

California.

Silver_Brian 04-21-2014 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4113841)
Hi sappy

Hi sappy

Mahou 04-21-2014 07:05 AM

Welcome back sappy.

psychoangel691 04-21-2014 08:02 AM

Hi Sappy, and Hi Silver_Brian haven't seen either of you in a long time.

DarknessXoXLight 04-21-2014 08:54 AM

saAAAPPPPYYY !!