Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Final Fantasy Final Battle (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=94180)

goboenomo 06-10-2008 07:55 PM

Final Fantasy Final Battle

I have gotten a 2929 combo 3 times in a row now. From start to the exact same spot. I'm getting pretty annoyed. Has anyone else had this?

Commandersa1 06-10-2008 07:57 PM

Re: Final Fantasy Final Battle

Not at that spot, but on earlier parts. If you are having trouble with a certain pattern, you should watch your replay and pause at the part. Then you can practice the pattern over and over until you are ready to play again.

goboenomo 06-10-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commandersa1 (Post 2205194)
Not at that spot, but on earlier parts. If you are having trouble with a certain pattern, you should watch your replay and pause at the part. Then you can practice the pattern over and over until you are ready to play again.

Well I know the pattern because it's used earlier in the song. This is the second time it comes to it.

Xx{Midnight}xX 06-10-2008 08:18 PM

Reminds me of the new Indulgence song. I can't combo or PA it. And i need to have a kick one for the tournament.

SithCait22 06-10-2008 08:29 PM

same with the indulgence, i have better PA on Im a maid....disappointing.

Xx{Midday}xX 06-10-2008 08:32 PM

Final Fantasy Last Battle Festival. It is the proper name, you know...

Are you stating that this is some glitch caused by the game? It may just be a matter of stamina, or a form of mental block. I have the same problem on one of the 32nd bursts that is repeated in combo 800 and combo 1000 in Szerencsetlen.

s0ulst0n3 06-10-2008 08:50 PM

Holy **** people, stop complaining about the damn tournament. Tass already said he made the expert song too easy, so just wait it off. You realize it's going to get much harder, right? This is only round one. *Sigh*

Anyways, about your problem. All I can say is practice the song over and over, if you still can't get it after a while, just smash that part. Good luck! :)

Xiaounlimited 06-10-2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midday}xX (Post 2205273)
Final Fantasy Last Battle Festival. It is the proper name, you know...

It's only one word. It doesn't matter if someone does not put a full title; so long as it is mutually known, complaining is redundant. It's like cutting out words in a sentence that still makes sense because you understand the context of it.

@OP: What is that pattern, the three 32nd rolls in a row? In any case, if you know you're going to CB there, just mash it until you're in the clear. Combo determines your score, so you may as well mash.

Gundam-Dude 06-10-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiaounlimited
@OP: What is that pattern, the three 32nd rolls in a row? In any case, if you know you're going to CB there, just mash it until you're in the clear. Combo determines your score, so you may as well mash.

Says the 5th person in the world to AAA it, rofl.

Xiaounlimited 06-10-2008 10:40 PM

Fourth, actually. But what does that have to do with my post?

Xx{Midday}xX 06-10-2008 10:41 PM

I hope I'm 6th. =)

It has everything to do with the importance of your words. The words of the accomplished and experienced. =) So listen to Xiao.

l u l l a b y 06-10-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goboenomo (Post 2205202)
Well I know the pattern because it's used earlier in the song. This is the second time it comes to it.

is it that jump stream part? i think the second time around it's backwards. like more left handed or right handed. anyway i had the same problem. i just chilled out for a couple weeks, never played it, and one day i got the fc. it usually works to take a break on a song.

oh and i'd advise you against mashing cause i'm still mashing that dumb dazzling soul pattern.

windsurfer-sp 06-11-2008 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiaounlimited (Post 2205567)
It's only one word. It doesn't matter if someone does not put a full title; so long as it is mutually known, complaining is redundant. It's like cutting out words in a sentence that still makes sense because you understand the context of it.

Using the proper name of the song is not a hard task. Go into level stats and copy and paste the name. If you are asking users of a forum for help on a particular issue it is common courtesy and respect to use the proper name of the song.

Its simple things like not using proper names that indicate how little thought some people into a thread before hitting create. I personally would like to see this forum grow in quality as would many users and small things like this is where it starts.

/Rant yada yada. Oh and beside the title the op should be congratulated on a decent first post/thread.

EDEdDNEdDYFaN 06-11-2008 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0ulst0n3 (Post 2205323)
Holy **** people, stop complaining about the damn tournament. Tass already said he made the expert song too easy, so just wait it off. You realize it's going to get much harder, right? This is only round one. *Sigh*

Anyways, about your problem. All I can say is practice the song over and over, if you still can't get it after a while, just smash that part. Good luck! :)

I'm pretty sure everyone that just complained about the tournament is probably in the intermediate division.

EgomaniaCircus 06-11-2008 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0ulst0n3 (Post 2205323)

I disagree here, from personal experience playing a song over and over again tends to exacerbate mental blocks rather than alleviating them. Honestly the best thing you can do is not play the song for a month or two, then go back and FC it when the steps are boring as hell. If you aren't skilled enough to achieve something, stop trying, do something else to get better, then come back and do it when it's easy. Always the least frustrating method.

Blue Bird 06-11-2008 10:37 AM

I know what this is like. I have a problem like this in Caroussel Paradise. Every single time I mess up at the same freakin' spot, unless I sort of mash a little. =.= It's SO annoying!!!

s0ulst0n3 06-11-2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EgomaniaCircus (Post 2206082)
I disagree here, from personal experience playing a song over and over again tends to exacerbate mental blocks rather than alleviating them. Honestly the best thing you can do is not play the song for a month or two, then go back and FC it when the steps are boring as hell. If you aren't skilled enough to achieve something, stop trying, do something else to get better, then come back and do it when it's easy. Always the least frustrating method.

From experience I find it helps, I guess it varies for people. I played HELLBEAT 80 times and AAA'ed it (before average miss fix, it's way easier now), I played Crowdpleaser 20-25 times before I got a 750 combo on it, and etc. The only song I agree with you there is OMW, I took a break, came back, and got a miss-flag on it first try.

windsurfer-sp 06-11-2008 11:37 AM

Your 13 and have FC'd Revo etude AV style. You have extremely good natural talent which I think makes you a bad comparison to the majority of FFR'ers who don't have the skill that you have.

goboenomo 06-22-2008 03:35 AM

Well I full comboed it a few times now... still not sure why that happened to me so many times. I was surely not tired, and I still think it's the same pattern.