Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Hancock (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=95453)

tha Guardians 07-3-2008 10:43 AM

Hancock

Starring Will Smith as a "unheroic superhero".

Has anyone seen it?
I'm pretty excited about going to see it.

Trailer

If you're going to spoil the ending, use white text or reverse psychology to make me think that you're lying o_O

lightdarkness 07-3-2008 10:49 AM

Re: Hancock

I liked it... wasn't too predictable, which was good.

Good action movie... go see it

cC@Zz 07-3-2008 02:10 PM

Its about what i expected, decent. I only saw it for Will Smith.

FlameFalco 07-3-2008 04:33 PM

I saw it too and it was a surprisingly good movie. I thought the acting was good too.

Overall it's a good movie, with some funny parts too, go see it.

tha Guardians 07-3-2008 06:59 PM

I have never in my life been disappointed by Will Smith, so that's the real reason I want to see this movie. He's one of the most solid and rounded actors I know. He's got a great personality, and always manages to put himself in the movie.

I always see Will Smith, just a different side of him depending on the movie.

xharumoni 07-3-2008 08:24 PM

I went to see it only for Will Smith as well.
He was amazing and so was the movie!

thechild 07-3-2008 08:35 PM

Hm, got 1/5 stars in this rewiew section on msn.com

purebloodtexan 07-3-2008 09:18 PM

Spoiler:

I didn't see the movie and I won't reveal any big details, but I'd recommend avoiding it. The plot was somewhat thrown together IMO, and there was a smack-in-the-face transition from a comedy movie to a melodrama that has a disappointing ending. Note that this is probably the first time that I actually agree with movie critics.

lightdarkness 07-3-2008 09:31 PM

purebloodtexan: If you haven't seen the movie, then you can't really talk... I read the reviews before I went... I saw that it only got like 35% on RT... but I still went, and I liked it.

purebloodtexan 07-3-2008 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightdarkness (Post 2306322)
purebloodtexan: If you haven't seen the movie, then you can't really talk... I read the reviews before I went... I saw that it only got like 35% on RT... but I still went, and I liked it.

So is it a comedy throughout the entire movie, or does it suddenly become a full-on drama at a given point?

monp787 07-3-2008 10:05 PM

I just got back from seeing it. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be, seeing as I am not big on superhero movies. It had some funny parts, it also had some serious parts. It was a decent movie. I would recommend it.

WTFBrandon 07-3-2008 11:29 PM

I liked the movie, it was good.
But the ending I thought was kinda just thought up of and put together on the spot just to get the movie over with.
The rest of the story line was good but the ending I found sucks.
I still like the movie though

lord_carbo 07-4-2008 12:42 AM

The most lovable character on television playing an asshole

super kid 07-4-2008 12:44 AM

I work at a movie theater and I hear a lot of mixed reviews.

lord_carbo 07-4-2008 12:45 AM

Also, I never see movies that get lower than 60% on RT and Metacritic.

Unless I get to go out with people because I like pretending that I have friends.

tsugomaru 07-4-2008 01:05 AM

Fresh Prince Hancock.

~Tsugomaru

Tokzic 07-4-2008 01:38 AM

I saw it today and enjoyed it thoroughly. Yeah, the ending isn't great, but it's not movie-ruiningly bad.

DarkCore 07-4-2008 01:46 AM

First off, could they not have come up with a better last name for Will Smith than Hancock? Or was it just to draw attention to the film, 'cause I mean really...

Yeah, anyway I was pretty impressed with the movie and although the ending was kind of 'iffy', I'd still give it 8/10.

Shoe The Almighty 07-4-2008 02:02 AM

I so want to see the movie...but all I got to watch is this awesome movie until then http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqXh3b-d-JQ

Silver_Brian 07-4-2008 02:05 AM

I'll probably go see it this weekend, I'm hoping it's good.