Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Technology (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Which smartphone/cellphone u currently have? and which one u recommend? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150836)

Chubisque 04-2-2019 04:18 PM

Which smartphone/cellphone u currently have? and which one u recommend?

There are a bunch of smartphones brands... but which is the best for you?

I got the xiaomi mi mix 2s, fast as f but cameras suck..

Dinglesberry 04-2-2019 04:26 PM

Re: Which smartphone/cellphone u currently have? and which one u recommend?

i have a sony xperia m4 (android n shiet) cause it was on sale for like 100$ and i barely use my phone anyways, it works for the shitty games that i barely play and for watching vids/discord so its good enough

Xelicopter 04-2-2019 04:32 PM

samsung 9s+

I refuse to use anything other than samsung

and fuck lg

tosh 04-2-2019 05:40 PM

Have a Samsung Galaxy S9 right now.

I wouldn't call it my ideal phone, but it's pretty close.

Mahou 04-2-2019 06:21 PM

iPhone 7 Plus

No

Rapta 04-2-2019 06:59 PM

I have a Samsung J7 Prime
I recommend it, great battery life and barely rarely ever has issues with performance
Pretty sure it costs around 200 dollars

Zageron 04-2-2019 07:17 PM

one plllaauuuussss five t

kostkaskater 04-2-2019 07:41 PM

Samsung S7 Edge. It's held up great the last couple of years. I don't even use a case.

Chubisque 04-2-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 4669949)
one plllaauuuussss five t

1+ 5t its good one

flashflash account 04-2-2019 08:55 PM

historically I've used the $40 Tracfone smartphones as they are pretty functional and are at a fair price
most recently I got a $100 Samsung Galaxy Luna J3 Tracfone which is good enough to run Pokemon GO and holds all my music without running out of storage space

but tracfone is by far the best service provider, have the same coverage as Verizon and only $20 for 3 months prepaid card

Lycostria 04-2-2019 09:57 PM

I did use the iPhone 6, but I'm using the Samsung Galaxy S9 at the moment. I personally like really like the phone haha. If you are deciding on the Galaxy though, I think you should go for the S10 if you want the newer version, but S9 is also great.

xXOpkillerXx 04-2-2019 10:02 PM

OnePlus 6, had a OnePlus 1 before it.

SK8R43 04-2-2019 10:17 PM

LG stylo 3. Best phone ive ever had. Cant stand samsung since the battery life is literal shit. My battery usually lasts about 42 hours. Longer if i dont use it.

devonin 04-2-2019 10:22 PM

I only use my phone as a phone, and a messenger service, so I get the newest one that is free with my plan, use it until it dies, and then get the newest one that is free with my plan.

So now I've got a Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

Andrew WCY 04-2-2019 11:04 PM

Xiaomi Mi Max 1. I've been using it for more than 2 years and it doesn't disappoint.

Its battery life is ok (around 24 hours) and the screen doesn't crack no matter how much I drop it. It's got pretty good performance with only 3GB of RAM and a 1.8GHz Hexa-core Max CPU.

Wayward Vagabond 04-3-2019 09:13 AM

I have the LG G6 and it's a good phone. The only issue I have with it is image retention but that's solved by using an app to add a barely noticeable tint to the screen.

I'd recommend an iPhone if you just want the phone to work and an Android if you want to customize.

As far as actual recommendations I'd say go for the one plus 6t as it's on the cheaper end money wise of the top end phones. I have a hard time recommending anything more than 800 dollars tbh. The note 8 is a great phone for the price now too.

SK8R43 04-3-2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4670044)
I have the LG G6 and it's a good phone. The only issue I have with it is image retention but that's solved by using an app to add a barely noticeable tint to the screen.

I'd recommend an iPhone if you just want the phone to work and an Android if you want to customize.

As far as actual recommendations I'd say go for the one plus 6t as it's on the cheaper end money wise of the top end phones. I have a hard time recommending anything more than 800 dollars tbh. The note 8 is a great phone for the price now too.

Damn, and i thought i was cheap for having a hard time recommending any phone over like $200. Its a phone, dont need it to do everything in the entire world. Talk, text and internet is all you really need imo :P

mellon_collie 04-3-2019 12:12 PM

I have a samsung galaxy s8. It's pretty good in terms of usability, it's fast, screen is nice, runs everything I try to run on it no problem.

Complaints would be it's a glass sandwich and broke super easily when I dropped it, and it gets dirty/smudged very easily on both sides. Also the curved screen can be kind of annoying depending on how you hold your phone, sometimes it thinks I'm touching something on the side when I'm just holding my phone normally

Coolboyrulez0 04-3-2019 05:48 PM

s7 edge, it does everything i need but i'll probably upgrade to s10 this year.

inDheart 04-3-2019 11:37 PM

+1 to samsung galaxy s series, currently have an s7 that i'll probably use until it kicks the bucket

also had good experiences with htc one, but unsure if they even make phones anymore

Funnygurl555 04-4-2019 03:37 AM

i have a samsung galaxy s6 which is... holding on rn. really liked it when it was newer

prolly would go with a newer model when i get another phone. android 4 lyfe

Wayward Vagabond 04-4-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4670050)
Damn, and i thought i was cheap for having a hard time recommending any phone over like $200. Its a phone, dont need it to do everything in the entire world. Talk, text and internet is all you really need imo :P

I'm not familiar with mid and low tier phones lol otherwise I'd have cheaper recommendations.

I also use my phone for pretty much everything so paying more for a phone with better specs is worth it for me.

xXOpkillerXx 04-4-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4670044)

Why recommend 6T over 6

Chubisque 04-4-2019 12:27 PM

6t unlock with screen fingerprint and drop notch!! XDD thats the only I saw 6t has different than 6 because about performance is the same. 6t has more battery life tho

xXOpkillerXx 04-4-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubisque (Post 4670128)
6t unlock with screen fingerprint and drop notch!! XDD thats the only I saw 6t has different than 6 because about performance is the same. 6t has more battery life tho

Check the price tag too. Hint: it's different

FirstMaple8 04-4-2019 12:30 PM

LG Aristo 2 and I would highly recommend it because it is only $50 and It has almost the same specs as an iphone x

FirstMaple8 04-4-2019 12:30 PM

and FUCK apple

Chubisque 04-4-2019 12:33 PM

I found the 6 around 450$~ and 6t 600~..... and that mclaren 6t 900~+ wtf, only because it has 10gb ram, you wont even use it lmao

xXOpkillerXx 04-4-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubisque (Post 4670132)
I found the 6 around 450$~ and 6t 600~..... and that mclaren 6t 900~+ wtf, only because it has 10gb ram, you wont even use it lmao

Pretty much.

SK8R43 04-4-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4670122)
I'm not familiar with mid and low tier phones lol otherwise I'd have cheaper recommendations.

I also use my phone for pretty much everything so paying more for a phone with better specs is worth it for me.

Well i mean, my phone was only like $150 and its the best phone ive ever had. Ive tried galaxy and other phones and they are terrible. My S6 had so many glitches and the battery had a maximum life of like 6 hours before it was at around 30% from 100%. the S3 and S2 were no better either. Lg rarely glitches, it has enough storage, battery lasts seriously for days, camera is great quality, and ive never had an issue with damage when dropping it. Idk id rather spend my money on other shit thats actually useful and buy a cheaper phone.

Funnygurl555 04-4-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstMaple8 (Post 4670131)
and FUCK apple

we all have our fetishes i guess

/s

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4670134)
My S6 had so many glitches and the battery had a maximum life of like 6 hours before it was at around 30% from 100%.

yo this is a real struggle. wasn't always like that though :(

Wayward Vagabond 04-4-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4670134)
Well i mean, my phone was only like $150 and its the best phone ive ever had. Ive tried galaxy and other phones and they are terrible. My S6 had so many glitches and the battery had a maximum life of like 6 hours before it was at around 30% from 100%. the S3 and S2 were no better either. Lg rarely glitches, it has enough storage, battery lasts seriously for days, camera is great quality, and ive never had an issue with damage when dropping it. Idk id rather spend my money on other shit thats actually useful and buy a cheaper phone.

Different strokes for different folks. You have to realize that just because you don't find your phone to be that useful doesn't mean it's the case for others. The same way you may think the camera on your phone is great doesn't mean that's true for someone that takes photography more seriously. Or a poweruser who needs more than stock disk space for storage or even ram. 1-2gb of ram may be enough for you but that isn't true for someone who's editing videos on their phone or who is using the multi window to multi task. He'll I've been thinking about getting a newer Samsung phone because if their desktop feature.

And sometimes people just want a newer nicer phone as a status symbol or like to be the first on the boat for new features like with the Samsung fold or the opportunity find x

SK8R43 04-4-2019 03:29 PM

The samsung fold isnt really a new feature, it is in a way, but theres already phones pretty similar to it that it doesnt warrant a $2k pricetag. More power to ya if you feel like you need to spend that much on a phone i guess. I see your point though.

mrpreggers 04-18-2019 07:48 AM

i love you jose

Travis_Flesher 04-18-2019 07:55 AM

I am currently using the Maven ZTE 3 that I bought new for $30 in 2017. Best $30 I ever spent. I am upgrading to the new model economy ZT smartphone soon .

EppuJoloZ 04-18-2019 02:53 PM

I have a Sony Xperia Z3 (circa 2015)...
Aaaand I really don't recommend it, it can't go any higher than Android 6.0.1,
it has only 16GB of memory etc.. Otherwise a decent phone :D

The Xiaomi Pocophone F1 is a very good and powerful phone for low price, that's gonna be my main recommendation (and perhaps my next phone lol)

gold stinger 07-15-2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4670107)
i have a samsung galaxy s6 which is... holding on rn. really liked it when it was newer

prolly would go with a newer model when i get another phone. android 4 lyfe

We got the same phone mate. Still love mine. No cracks or nothing, been going a year strong.

Blackskull305 07-15-2019 09:13 PM

I’m rocking a blackberry classic. Going onto year 5 and works like a charm. You don’t usually see phones age so well these days.

Funnygurl555 07-15-2019 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4687785)
We got the same phone mate. Still love mine. No cracks or nothing, been going a year strong.

damn you treat your phone like a queen

Izzy 07-16-2019 09:27 AM

Pixel 3a.

Cheap
OLED screen
Best phone camera to date
Stock Android and gets updates

justin_ator 07-16-2019 10:51 AM

As someone who religiously uses their phone for quite near every aspect of their life (organization, communication, entertainment, scheduling, work, etc.) I demand quite a bit from my phones. I've used Samsung for years - Galaxy series, mostly, and I really enjoyed them outside of the battery life and eventual slow-down issues I began having. Went to a Pixel 3 XL and I can honestly say I won't go back now. Literally the only downside I have noticed is the inability for the phone to multitask with maintaining app status in the background when switching between apps, it will often re-launch whatever app I had opened but briefly dropped to the background to do something else. That is really the only complaint I have about it.

Gingerham 07-16-2019 12:31 PM

Dropped a barbell plate on my note 8 yesterday :(

I go a year without cracking the thing and then I somehow do it twice within a week. It could be a lot worse though. Btw the note 8 is a great phone and I absolutely love it. It's normally water proof but I probably fucked that up lmao

Sanjixcon 07-16-2019 01:39 PM

yeah I've never owned a smartphone.. just have an old school verizon flip phone i got at walmart for like 12 bucks about 8 years ago and it still works just fine. I don't even have text for it xD

Blackskull305 07-16-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjixcon (Post 4687829)
yeah I've never owned a smartphone.. just have an old school verizon flip phone i got at walmart for like 12 bucks about 8 years ago and it still works just fine. I don't even have text for it xD

Bruh, you’re livin’ the dream! This is the way to go folks.

PriestREA 07-18-2019 03:56 AM

I'm currently using an S10+ - granted the only reason I picked one up was because my carrier offered a wicked trade in incentive w/ an upgrade.

If you're looking to go outright, I definitely don't believe this phone is worth its price.

Mahou 07-18-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackskull305 (Post 4687835)
Bruh, you’re livin’ the dream! This is the way to go folks.

Without a job?

Sanjixcon 07-18-2019 01:30 PM

^ouch dude lmfao
not gonna deny it though xD unless you count working on a farm 3 months out of the year a job.

It's crazy though how addicted people are to their smartphones.. like everywhere i go people lookin down.

Dinglesberry 07-18-2019 03:47 PM

ever since i decided to delet discord/social stuff from my phone recently and not use it while laying in bed ive felt a bit better overall

Shadow_God_10 07-18-2019 03:53 PM

Samsung Galaxy S7. I've had it for a couple years now and it hasn't failed me once.

Wayward Vagabond 07-18-2019 03:54 PM

I upgraded to the one plus 7 pro and it's pretty nice

ULTIMEGA 07-18-2019 06:01 PM

I have an Alcatel from Android. Pretty beast smartphone.

LOVESTOSPLOOGE452 07-19-2019 06:57 AM

Hmm. I'd say the Nokia 3310 is the BEST way to go. Sadly I have an Android Galaxy.. Still better than anything Apple though IMO ����

HateMyself 01-27-2021 01:41 PM

I have samsung m21,I can recommend it because it is still 200$ price and 4gb ram/5 or 6k mAh and Full-hd screen.

Wayward Vagabond 01-28-2021 02:53 AM

My oneplus 7 pro broke and I have the lg v60 thinkQ plus pro dual screen phone mark II limited edition

It's a greaatttt camera and video phone but the real charm is the dual screen multitasking. Very niche phone

angine 02-23-2021 04:34 AM

I have iphone X it works well but I want to buy new iphone 12 in the next few months.

EppuJoloZ 02-25-2021 03:27 AM

I have a Samsung Galaxy A40, the only smartphone of that price range that was small enough for me to be comfortable with. It's good for the price, but not perfect. I'd say the Sony Z3 that I previously had for 4 years was better in every single aspect other than storage (if the phone didn't only have 16gb I would definitely have continued using it :D) I'd say if you are planning for a Galaxy A-series, go for the higher numbers if size doesn't matter

Tantive72 10-17-2021 09:57 AM

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 that I got back in 2018 but honestly it just feels too huge to hold in my hand comfortably. I miss my old flip phone that thing was awesome. Can't play Call of Duty Java version on a modern device.

katanaeyegaming 10-22-2021 08:15 AM

I have used the same moto e2 for a little over 5 and a half years now.

It still works just as well as it did back then and unless I upgrade to a newer model I doubt this will change.

domenprevc 02-23-2024 05:42 AM

iphone 15 pro current. previous one was iphone 13 pro

Neigdoig 03-25-2024 08:28 PM

As an AOSP-leaning kinda guy, I'd say go for a Pixel (a newer one still supported), and flash GrapheneOS on it. I have an iPhone 7 still working, but once it dies off for the final time, I'll switch to Graphene with a Pixel, since that's a good combo for my tastes.