Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Astronomic Metal Collection 2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=108194)

N.T.M. 05-12-2009 06:55 PM

Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3072299)

You're right, but why are you encouraging people not to make the files exclusive when I'm trying to encourage people to make the files exclusive.

Meh, didn't really intend it to be interpreted that way. I just wanted to ensure that some good released files weren't excluded. :(

who_cares973 05-12-2009 07:10 PM

restepping my old doomsday file for this~

N.T.M. 05-12-2009 07:13 PM

Just got several more files that I'll review later today.

foilman8805 05-12-2009 10:16 PM

I sent in an updated version of We Are Not Anonymous. I tried on the PR for the intro guitar, so if it's not acceptable, then please go over it with me so we can make it right.

I'm not sure if I want to edit Gimme A D. There's really not much to do about the repetitiveness...we'll see what the other judges say...if they say anything at all.

syzergy 05-12-2009 10:22 PM

I can be a GFX artist if you need my help. I made my own profile look so use that as an example of my work.(will send other work if needed)

N.T.M. 05-12-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foilman8805 (Post 3072657)
I sent in an updated version of We Are Not Anonymous. I tried on the PR for the intro guitar, so if it's not acceptable, then please go over it with me so we can make it right.

I'm not sure if I want to edit Gimme A D. There's really not much to do about the repetitiveness...we'll see what the other judges say...if they say anything at all.

Awesome!! I'll go check it out right now. I was gonna ask you about the status of that file actually. With those corrections it's really a fun file.

lmao I still haven't started my paper. 5 pages with 12 font. Due in a day.

I just have no motivation for life. No thought for school.... only adhering to lackadaisical tendencies in my sorry ****hole I call my life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by syzergy (Post 3072667)
I can be a GFX artist if you need my help. I made my own profile look so use that as an example of my work.(will send other work if needed)

Any examples of simfile artwork?

who_cares973 05-12-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foilman8805 (Post 3072657)

dont ask me for help then

N.T.M. 05-13-2009 12:43 AM

A couple fast reviews for now until I have more time:

(foilman) We Are Not Anonymous: Much better jump trill placement in the intro although the file still lacks strong PR. Also regarding that 16th guitar stream in the intro: I see the consistency there, but the trill initiating the pattern feels awkward. Maybe something like 4321 would be more suitable. Just tell Sulfer what you‘d like it to be if you wanna change it and he can rectify it himself since it‘s so minor. M40 also feels awkward. IMO you shoulda stepped more prominent sounds there, but it‘s not too bad. Nothing at all significant enough to reject the file I think.

(Bluearrowll) Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle: I’ll go into this in detail later as a courtesy, but all I can say for now is that there were several significant issues. I’ll check again later. Maybe it’s salvageable.

I’m leaving now, but I’ll send my revised ETID file when I get back.

foilman8805 05-13-2009 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3072795)
Also regarding that 16th guitar stream in the intro: I see the consistency there, but the trill initiating the pattern feels awkward. Maybe something like 4321 would be more suitable.

Okay, I'd like to not get conflicting PR advice here, because I had it 4321 to start with and you said it wasn't PR enough. Wtf.

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3072795)
Just tell Sulfer what you‘d like it to be if you wanna change it and he can rectify it himself since it‘s so minor. M40 also feels awkward. IMO you shoulda stepped more prominent sounds there, but it‘s not too bad. Nothing at all significant enough to reject the file I think.

I'll look at M40. I don't remember what's there off the top of my head.

And I'm perfectly okay with changing the file myself. Sulfer is busy enough.

SulferDragon 05-13-2009 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syzergy (Post 3072667)

What N.T.M. said.

Oh, and I forgot to post these yesterday. Meaning anything sent today isn't here.

Antimatter - Needs work - I love how some sounds are completely ignored and other steps go to absolutely nothing. My, what a creative way to step! Also, the 1/4 jumps get a little old.

Blank File - Accepted with some tweaks - Measures 119-122 need to be completely different. 154-162 does too. I don't like the 16th streams in the courses either, but I can't think of a better way to step them.

Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle - Rejected - This isn't terrible, though it is completely understepped. I'm just rejecting it for the song choice.

Eradication v2 - Accepted with some tweaks - This doesn't seem any different...

Once in a Lifetime - Accepted with some tweaks - One of the more entertaining DF sims I've played. The cut is terrible though. Make it better. (I am glad it's cut though!!!) NOTE: I'm not accepting any DF sims after this unless they are amazing and flawless.

Spellbound - Rejected - Simply put: uninventive, bland, boring, etc.

When Legends Come to Life v2 - Needs work - Didn't seem much better other than the 12ths.

World's End - Accepted - Wow, I can't believe how well-stepped this is. I feel like I need to accept it. However, I would like to see those 16th jacks in the verses go. I really wish you would stop wasting your stepping abilities on crappy songs. You have a lot of skill.

P.S. Too much power metal.

who_cares973 05-13-2009 02:16 AM

WANA isnt even WANA anymore ;_;

N.T.M. 05-13-2009 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foilman8805 (Post 3072804)
Okay, I'd like to not get conflicting PR advice here, because I had it 4321 to start with and you said it wasn't PR enough. Wtf.

I see your frustration however realize that this particular criticism does in fact coincide with my initial response. 4321 may have originally initiated the stream, however I addressed pitch inconsistency (not PR). Understand that pitch consistency is a byproduct of pitch relevance, but pitch consistency doesn't require pr to be present. I addressed pitch consistency. The patterns themselves were fine. I just wanted them to exhibit consistency when the measures repeated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3072833)

wut?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3072817)
NOTE: I'm not accepting any DF sims after this unless they are amazing and flawless.

I have a DF WIP that should fit that description. Perfect cut too. My last DF (temporarily abandoned for a while there).

foilman8805 05-13-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3072833)

Together, you and I can make it whole again.

Joe D 05-13-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3072817)
What N.T.M. said.

Oh, and I forgot to post these yesterday. Meaning anything sent today isn't here.

Antimatter - Needs work - I love how some sounds are completely ignored and other steps go to absolutely nothing. My, what a creative way to step! Also, the 1/4 jumps get a little old.

Blank File - Accepted with some tweaks - Measures 119-122 need to be completely different. 154-162 does too. I don't like the 16th streams in the courses either, but I can't think of a better way to step them.

Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle - Rejected - This isn't terrible, though it is completely understepped. I'm just rejecting it for the song choice.

Eradication v2 - Accepted with some tweaks - This doesn't seem any different...

Once in a Lifetime - Accepted with some tweaks - One of the more entertaining DF sims I've played. The cut is terrible though. Make it better. (I am glad it's cut though!!!) NOTE: I'm not accepting any DF sims after this unless they are amazing and flawless.

Spellbound - Rejected - Simply put: uninventive, bland, boring, etc.

When Legends Come to Life v2 - Needs work - Didn't seem much better other than the 12ths.

World's End - Accepted - Wow, I can't believe how well-stepped this is. I feel like I need to accept it. However, I would like to see those 16th jacks in the verses go. I really wish you would stop wasting your stepping abilities on crappy songs. You have a lot of skill.

P.S. Too much power metal.

Lol thnx.I have been recently stepped alot of stupid songs.My next one is just like the others but I just had to step it for the pack.Its Power Quest :).The Antimatter thing,Blame Omegaspike,not me.Ill fix the once in a Lifetime cut though.That part where it goes offsync really pissed me off.Still thanks.Ill step something super cool......one day.Any suggestions for a song.Oh thise accepted with tweaks.They are accepted....right?

syzergy 05-13-2009 04:16 PM

I did 1 simfile artwork but it wasn't great. If your only looking for GFX artist who do simfile artwork then nvm i don't really do those.

who_cares973 05-13-2009 04:19 PM

why would someone whos working on a pack ask for graphics not intended to be for the files IN THE PACK THREAD

N.T.M. 05-13-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syzergy (Post 3073234)
I did 1 simfile artwork but it wasn't great. If your only looking for GFX artist who do simfile artwork then nvm i don't really do those.

Why would we ask for artists who don't create simfile graphics in pack when that's its only application?

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3073241)
why would someone whos working on a pack ask for graphics not intended to be for the files IN THE PACK THREAD

lol

prefx 05-14-2009 07:31 AM

rhjbsdgkjldiguahdg I want this pack D=

xinpig 05-14-2009 03:00 PM

I said I would help judge if you needed people. I am out of school and work and I have nothing else to do other than sit and get my SM skill back up.

Joe D 05-14-2009 03:07 PM

What,Is the song choice better or worse at this pack