Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Astronomic Metal Collection 2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=108194)

N.T.M. 05-5-2009 10:35 PM

Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

Seems like the forum is finally accessible again. I’ve been really slammed with school and working full time so I’m gonna be kinda slow at pumping out reviews.

SulferDragon 05-5-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3064599)
roflmao!! IDK how I missed that! Over a full 32nd off!! It's not really loud though and it's just that single note (I musta went right past it in DDReam). However you referenced "errors" as in the plural form implying there were several. You must be confusing other background sounds which didn't coincide with the drum hits. As layered as that section was, only about half the sounds that were present were actually stepped.

*edit* same url as in the original e-mail

Actually, I think I meant measure 45, not 35. It's where you have the 2123 pattern that ends in a green hold. It doesn't seem quite right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by foilman8805 (Post 3064586)
I'm working on tweaking WANA with N.T.M., specifically the PR in those measures you mentioned, Sulfer. I'll also look at those jumps in M60 and M81. And what...is it an 8? I thought it was a 9, tbh.

Wrong way. I meant that it should be harder.

P.S. moches, that cut is much better. I approve.

foilman8805 05-6-2009 01:05 AM

Pretty easy 10, Sulfer.

who_cares973 05-6-2009 01:07 AM

wana to easy

i told you that when you released the file -.-

NEXT TIME LISTEN

wolfmother y/n?

foilman8805 05-6-2009 01:14 AM

I had it as a 9 and he thinks it's actually a 10. He thinks WANA is harder.

N.T.M. 05-6-2009 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3064913)
Actually, I think I meant measure 45, not 35. It's where you have the 2123 pattern that ends in a green hold. It doesn't seem quite right.

K, cuz I reviewed measure 35 several times and it seemed fine. Now lemme check out m45 real fast.

*edit* Ah yes, that measure! The thing is that even though other hits are present during the stream they're inaudible at 1x speed so I omitted them. I know it sounds like **** at .5x speed, but they still accurately outline the pattern. The 16ths are really the only notes audible at 1x speed. I could change them if you'd like though.

*edit* Meh, maybe I should change it. Sulfer it's your call. I'm kinda torn 50/50. You choose for me.

who_cares973 05-6-2009 04:30 AM

i stand by my statement

xinpig 05-6-2009 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3060484)
xinpig, show me one or two of your files and I might let you judge. However, considering that I know N.T.M. has had a lot of experience with metal, I would rather he judge. Even so, it wouldn't hurt to have an extra judge.

I do believe i have one file up if i recall

I believe I have a number up actually

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...p?songid=11382
Only one really worth mentioning ATM.
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...p?songid=13814
The other one my buddy did that i changed some patterns and steps in. pretty fun one to play.

Bynary Fission 05-6-2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3064491)
Eradication - Accepted with some tweaks - This was actually quite fun. In measures 131-138 I'm not sure if it's a good idea to switch from stepping the 12ths to stepping the 16ths and then back again so quickly. Kind of an awkward transition. On Heavy it's okay, I guess, but I personally think that you should layer the 12ths and 16ths together in the Challenge chart. I'll see what the other judges say. Also, did you mean to put that one hand near the beginning of Heavy. I'd like it removed.

The polyrhythms at those measures were intended to be a unique and challenging addition to Oni - I personally enjoy them and feel they should stay (I left them out of Heavy as a way to make the charts more separate and Heavy easier).

I probably shouldn't layer in 12ths and 16ths simultaneously - but are you referring to the 24th streams with the 16ths? That would seem kinda retarded at that speed.

The Hand in Heavy is gone, that was my fault.

Also, sorry I never got back to you with those file reviews - I was bogged down with homework up until the weekend and saw that all the judge slots were filled until then, so I never bothered to submit them. Is it still to late?

Also, resubmitting Eradication.

trumaestro 05-6-2009 06:33 PM

somebody step a rite of passage by dream theater lol

N.T.M. 05-6-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 3065081)
The polyrhythms at those measures were intended to be a unique and challenging addition to Oni - I personally enjoy them and feel they should stay (I left them out of Heavy as a way to make the charts more separate and Heavy easier).

I probably shouldn't layer in 12ths and 16ths simultaneously - but are you referring to the 24th streams with the 16ths? That would seem kinda retarded at that speed.

The Hand in Heavy is gone, that was my fault.

Also, sorry I never got back to you with those file reviews - I was bogged down with homework up until the weekend and saw that all the judge slots were filled until then, so I never bothered to submit them. Is it still to late?

Also, resubmitting Eradication.

If this is the file I'm thinking it is, you fixed those 32nd drum rolls right? In the intro you missed one and placed the other as 24ths.

Bynary Fission 05-6-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3065571)
If this is the file I'm thinking it is, you fixed those 32nd drum rolls right? In the intro you missed one and placed the other as 24ths.

I fixed the 32nds days before you judged, I had just forgotten to resend it until it was judged.

Also, where in the intro did I miss any drums?

N.T.M. 05-6-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 3065577)
I fixed the 32nds days before you judged, I had just forgotten to resend it until it was judged.

Also, where in the intro did I miss any drums?

As I recall there was some burst just before the first pause. That is assuming I remembered correctly.

Bynary Fission 05-7-2009 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3065720)
As I recall there was some burst just before the first pause. That is assuming I remembered correctly.

No bursts, just a 24th stream.

moches 05-7-2009 06:56 AM

Hey, NTM, just curious, but have you played Roar yet?

prefx 05-7-2009 07:10 AM

Whens the approximate release date at this point?

Joe D 05-7-2009 08:24 PM

Sulfer could u specify the errors in the To the End of the World file?

kommisar[os] 05-7-2009 09:08 PM

its been stepped already maybe that's why

dood gone krazee 05-7-2009 09:41 PM

Oh goddddd I dunno what to step. >.>

What if I sent in some 65daysofstatic?

Joe D 05-7-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3058547)
Quit yer bitchin' about the music and step something then.

Borderline okay. Depends on the song.

I do agree. I want less power metal in this one. More variety.

Bynary, you can judge. Psycho, so can you. However, first I want to send you both three files and I want you to tell me what you think of them.

Is there anyone else? I think four judges is perfect. Also, anyone else who could do graphics?

Um, yeah, someone also sent me a pack of 16 of their files. That's definitely not okay. I'm not going to play all of those. Instead, why don't you send me a few of your files, the files you consider your best. Oh, and I actually did start playing through your files, but one of them had rolls and made my StepMania crash. That's when I quit. If you would read the rules (specifically the last one) you would see that I said no rolls.

Oh, and let me emphasize again the fact that the files can be released. I don't care if they were uploaded three years ago. If you have anything good, or even if you know of a good file by someone else, submit 'em. Well, I don't mean to submit someone else's file and credit yourself for it.

The only person who will probably submit Power Metal may be myself.I mean,that is what many people in Stepmania like to play.If we submit only Death Metal and whatever else.The pack wont really get as much downloads as the last one

And I did send u a message with alot of Files from other people but im not forcing you to chek em all at a time,just take ur time with em:-)