Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   my keyboard reviews (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122727)

m0de 02-21-2012 02:25 PM

my keyboard reviews

so since i just went through 5 keyboards in a 2 week span.. i thought id give some reviews of the keyboards ive tried. keep in mind that im not the best FFR/Stepmania player, but a half decent player. ah here we gooo:

Microsoft ergonomic wired keyboard:

I've had this keyboard for about 2 years. As for FFR it was pretty shitty. the large clunky keys made it hard to press. it was stamina draining trying to use this keyboard on longer files or songs with longer streams/jumpstreams. FFR aside, it did feel good to play other games on. mainly FPS's.

I'd rate it 2.5 out of 5.

HP Wireless elite:

This keyboard felt really really good to type on, and play FFR on. For about 2 days it worked really well with FFR. Response time was spot on, and i improved alot of scores with it. after about 3 days of use, response time wasnt what it was previously. It would dump goods in places due to response time. (in b4 i suck at ffr and thats the reason i got the goods) I tried changing the batteries, and changing the usb slot.. but it didnt seem to work. It also felt really good in FPS games, where response time wasnt that much of a concern. I liked the fact it was compact, and extremely slim.

I'd rate it 4 out of 5. not for FFR/Stepmania

HP Wireless elite v2:

Basically the same as v1, just picked it up thinking the response time would be better.. it wasnt. It was pretty bad from day 1. Still a nice keyboard for non rhythm games.

4 out of 5

Logitech wireless solar k750:

Expensive, but really cool looking keyboard. After going through the response time problems with the previous HP keyboards, I thought that logitech is known brand, and that it would be a better product. God no. The response time was soooo bad. The keyboard has software to tell you how charged the keyboard is.. and it was at 100% charged, yet the response was total poop dick. Its nice to not have to change batteries, and it can be charged by natural and artificial light, but its not for FFR/SM at all. Maybe not for gaming in general.

4 out of 5 for non gaming, 3 out of 5 for gaming.

Logitech illuminated wired keyboard:

Just picked this up today. Been using it for about 3 hours now, and its really nice. The keyboard is obviously lit up, but you can also choose 3 different levels of brightness via a button on the keyboard. As for FFR the response time is perfect since its wired. Key presses feel really good. On the HP slim keyboard I would accidently dump boos while resting my fingers on the keys. That doesnt happen with this keyboard. Its extremely slim, and very comfortable to use in both gaming, and casual use.

4.5 out of 5

i also ordered a kensington slim keyboard that should arrive in the next couple days that i will do a full review of when i get it. hope this is somewhat helpful to those of you looking for a new keyboard. if not i just killed 20 mins of my time so whatever. <3 ~

m0de 02-21-2012 02:38 PM

Re: my keyboard reviews

also if anyone else wants to add a review of keyboards they have/had im sure it will be helpful to those looking for a new one.

alloyus 02-21-2012 02:40 PM

I have had your first one for a few years and it's fine for me >.>

Cold Kitten 02-21-2012 03:45 PM

somanykeyboards. <3

I just use my laptop keyboard for now. @___@ faiiiil. When I get an actual desk, I'll probably buy a good keyboard and mouse to use with it, though.

Anaru 02-21-2012 04:19 PM

so many keyboards.. wtf

i just invested like $59 on this one ($10 amazon coupon)

3 years ago!!!!!!

and i'm doing fine <3

m0de 02-21-2012 04:39 PM

i spilled shit on 3 of them. in 2 weeks. im like a 4 year old. i also once pissed on my monitor when i was drunk. i am not allowed to have liquids near them anymore. my own rule. nice life.

dAnceguy117 02-21-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0de (Post 3642721)
i spilled shit on 3 of them. in 2 weeks. im like a 4 year old. i also once pissed on my monitor when i was drunk. i am not allowed to have liquids near them anymore. my own rule. nice life.

hahahah bummer man. you should think about investing in bendy straws instead of keyboards.

as a general comment, I've always had good experiences playing FFR/SM with generic laptop keyboards. seems like the keys require less force to depress than huskier standalone ones. my two ¢. those keyboards all look super nice though.

Crashfan3 02-21-2012 10:27 PM

first keyboard: HP 630 Media Essentials Keyboard (Oct. 2003 ~ Aug. 2008)

(This is actually the deluxe model. I had the basic model, can't find a pic, but it's this keyboard in a dark gray color and without the media keys in the top right)
Pretty damn basic keyboard. Worked great for FFR, never missed a beat. I had this thing for a few years.

second keyboard: ZT-Branded Logitech Deluxe 250 Keyboard (Aug. 2008 ~ Mar. 2009)

Down key went out in about two months. Left shift key got stuck in shortly after. Occasionally I had to press really hard to get keystrokes to read.

third keyboard: Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000 (Mar. 2009 ~ Nov. 2010)

Great keyboard, love the media keys setup, but unfortunately this thing sucked for FFR. I quit trying to improve my skills after I got this one, but it was sure fun to play other kinds of games with it. The "D" key got stuck down after about 18 months.

fourth keyboard: Logitech K120 (Nov. 2010 ~ Dec. 2010)

Great for FFR and certain MMORPGs, but otherwise an underachiever. Not bad for $12 though. I returned it to the store.

fifth keyboard (which I'm using now): (Dec. 2010 ~ present) (replaced in September 2011 after my first one died)

Great for typing, great for everyday gaming, not too bad for FFR, and wonderful for RPGs. This is the keyboard I plan on using for a few years to come.

m0de 02-22-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashfan3 (Post 3643111)
REVIEWS

thanks for the reviews :]

PrawnSkunk 02-22-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0de (Post 3642632)
i also ordered a kensington slim keyboard that should arrive in the next couple days that i will do a full review of when i get it.

let me know if your kensington slimtype has a squeaky space bar o-o;

nice reviews - made for a good read, even if I will never buy any of them :]~

m0de 02-22-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk (Post 3643174)

will do. will be here ina couple days:

RuGuru 02-22-2012 12:39 AM

Why so many wireless keyboards? X___X

25thhour 02-22-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RuGuru (Post 3643182)
Why so many wireless keyboards? X___X

Agreed. All the wireless ones I've ever used have lost sensitivity after the first few months.

who_cares973 02-22-2012 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk (Post 3643174)

Mine did when I first got it haha. Went away after a while though

Crashfan3 02-22-2012 01:52 AM

All 5 that I posted are wired. Wireless keyboards are just so icky.

Anaru 02-22-2012 07:03 AM

it's not one >:c
i gave up on the 1 play thing because it's impossible

ps) icyworld & staiain approve of the illuminated 8-)

Magicturbo 02-22-2012 07:15 AM

http://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-920-00.../dp/B001G9SZR4

erjhsgfbvskjed,hgfbksd... K.. I'm giving in and buying tonight with this 50% off deal.. Canadian Amazon Ftw

Anaru 02-22-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicturbo (Post 3643286)
http://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-920-00.../dp/B001G9SZR4

erjhsgfbvskjed,hgfbksd... K.. I'm giving in and buying tonight with this 50% off deal.. Canadian Amazon Ftw

nice! :D you won't regret it.

also just realized it's #1 in computer keyboards section of amazon o___O. it really got popular huh. i might buy myself another one so that i can use one if my current one dies.

Mau5 02-22-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0de (Post 3642632)
Microsoft ergonomic wired keyboard:

I have this one on the floor behind me. Not even wireless and it has a lag time delay for jumps. When this was my only keyboard i had to avoid songs with jumps completely because basically 1 out of every 10 jumps was a gaurantee good.

Now i've been using this factory keyboard with my Lenevo PC

It's been good to me so far.

00Razor00 02-22-2012 01:01 PM

i'm still rockin' my logitech illuminated.... seriously great keyboard for everything