Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Facebook and FFR (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=129768)

justin_ator 04-10-2013 02:29 AM

Facebook and FFR

Yeup, just bringing up a dead topic again. Who is in charge of the FFR Facebook page, and how can we get more people added onto that so that the latest post isn't over a year ago? I've tried talking to various staff about it, and nobody is ever any help and nothing ever gets done...

Also, for the record, I'm looking into what it takes to get a flash application running in a facebook page tab. Depending on how that goes, perhaps we can finally get something integrated into facebook to attract more people?

supermousie 04-10-2013 07:19 AM

Re: Facebook and FFR

Screw it. We'll make our own FFR page. With blackjack and hookers!

Xiz 04-10-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supermousie (Post 3890311)
With blackjack and hookers!

in

But legit, if it needs to be reborn, i'll be more then happy to keep it alive -shrug-

SK8R43 04-10-2013 11:10 AM

Im all in for helping with this and everything

Fluvs 04-10-2013 11:23 AM

will this ever happen? Like really? :o

igotrhythm 04-10-2013 12:08 PM

I think the main reason that FFR The Game has stayed off of FB is because it doesn't monetize well. Or at the very least, it doesn't lend itself to microtransactions, except maybe in the case of support tokens.

justin_ator 04-10-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fluvs (Post 3890339)
will this ever happen? Like really? :o

Will the page ever be active? Yes. I'm not going to give up on getting that page active, and to be honest if we have to start a new one because the people running the other one are nowhere to be found, then maybe that's the best option.

Will the engine on facebook ever happen? I'm not sure. I'm working on figuring out what it requires to get the engine itself running as an app externally hosted, then from there it takes setting up a facebook page. If I had access to the actual FFR Facebook page the next step would be setting up an app tab FOR the page, so that users could play on there. Loading a separate (smaller) playlist for the app is completely do-able, and once that all runs it just comes down to whether or not we want to integrate a few scores tables into the facebook app so that people will play it, get bored of the few songs, and move to FFR to become better at the game and keep playing. It's not a short process, but I think it is do-able.

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotrhythm (Post 3890348)
I think the main reason that FFR The Game has stayed off of FB is because it doesn't monetize well. Or at the very least, it doesn't lend itself to microtransactions, except maybe in the case of support tokens.

We don't have to make money from it. To be honest a totally free app is the only kind of app I really enjoy on facebook, and even so it will still attract users to play the game, and eventually (hopefully) transfer over to FFR.

I will say though that if we could redefine permissions and contact artists with songs in game to see which would be okay with monetization, then it would be even easier to host a better functioning FFR app on Facebook. It's free to a certain point, but we all know Facebook is just out to make money when it comes to apps/games.

edit: If anyone knows anything about hosting an app on Facebook and wants to try to help me, send me a PM. If you don't really know anything about it though I ask that you stand back and wait for the time being because while I could use help, I don't know what I'm doing either and it's a learning process. So I can't really use help on this unless someone knows what they are doing. :3 lol

MarioNintendo 04-10-2013 01:29 PM

There are like 5 ffr pages on facebook, which one are you referring to?

... Nvm i found the one called officialffr, at 7000 likes seems like that's the one.

Edit again, it says the general managers of the FB page are Synthlight and aperson. My condoleances.

Netjet! 04-10-2013 02:02 PM

Zageron is one of the admins on the FB page actually (well that was the case a few months ago) so ask him?

Mourningfall 04-10-2013 04:12 PM

Apparently someone intended for FFR to have a "Like on facebook" button,

Quote:

<!--
Facebook Like Button
-->
<div class="sidebar-section" style="text-align:center;">
<div id="fb-root"></div>
<script>(function(d, s, id) {
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;}
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#appId=243193629058027&xfbml=1";
fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

<div class="fb-like" data-href="http://www.facebook.com/OfficialFFR" data-send="false" data-layout="button_count" data-width="70" data-show-faces="false"></div>
</div>
Quote:

<!-- FACEBOOK DISABLED
<span style="position:relative; bottom:3px">
<div id="fb-root"></div><script src="http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#appId=104701559633959&amp;xfbml=1"></script>
<fb:like href="http://www.flashflashrevolution.com" send="false" layout="button_count" width="450" show_faces="false" action="like" font=""></fb:like>
</span>
Maybe if they enabled this, the actual Facebook page would be more active.

justin_ator 04-11-2013 02:01 AM

There is/was a facebook like button, but that's not really what I mean in terms of the page being active. I mean the page itself posting and being active, something to be engaging and make it worthwhile to have an FFR page. A page like the Thirdstyle Facebook page, where new releases and events are announced over facebook for anyone to see. There's no engagement to the page anymore. It's all people posting on the wall to no answers, just like Synthlight's profile.

edit: it's still there, left hand column by prochat users

Mourningfall 04-11-2013 02:21 AM

Wow will ya look at that. Thanks for pointing it out I don't think I ever would've realized it's there.

justin_ator 04-11-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netjet! (Post 3890383)
Zageron is one of the admins on the FB page actually (well that was the case a few months ago) so ask him?

I did ask him, and if I remember correctly he said he's not on it anymore? It was either that or he ignored me (as was the case with most of the staff I've asked, aside from a few that just told me they didn't have access and couldn't be any help)

Herogashix 04-11-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3890352)
To be honest a totally free app is the only kind of app I really enjoy

brb calling Tass

FFR on FB would be funny. Seeing these little 10 year olds going "holy fuc 8bit 80s is difficult as fuc" and they'll still be smarter than me since that song is always aids and I call it easy.

TC_Halogen 04-11-2013 08:06 PM

Facebook would be a great medium for letting people know -- I'm sure there are a number of people that would love to spread the word about FFR events and whatnot; article publishers (past or present) would be nice for this.

justin_ator 04-11-2013 08:30 PM

I would be MORE than happy to be one of said publishers, as I've said to various staff on countless occasions.. I think we're wasting a valuable asset by letting the FFR Facebook page sit idly. Still looking into the engine stuff by the way

25thhour 04-11-2013 09:14 PM

Lets pitch in for a facebook AD

supermousie 04-11-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herogashix (Post 3890732)
brb calling Tass

FFR on FB would be funny. Seeing these little 10 year olds going "holy fuc 8bit 80s is difficult as fuc" and they'll still be smarter than me since that song is always aids and I call it easy.

Hey fsck you 8bit Mario is actually challenging for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 25thhour (Post 3890923)
Lets pitch in for a facebook AD

Could work, but throughout history, fiffer has remained mostly anti-advertisement, on the site itself or elsewhere, so that might be out of the question.

Netjet! 04-12-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3890706)
I did ask him, and if I remember correctly he said he's not on it anymore? It was either that or he ignored me (as was the case with most of the staff I've asked, aside from a few that just told me they didn't have access and couldn't be any help)

I see, well someone besides Synth/ap must have access I'd think. Although you said there haven't been updates in forever, so maybe that's the case.

Best of luck though, Facebook is a great place to gain a wider FFR user audience as well as being as platform for informing existing users of goings-on around the community.

Spoiled_Milk 04-13-2013 01:23 AM

I second this motion..Would be pretty sweet. I often visit the Facebook page just to see if anything's been posted and, as Justin said, nothing for quite some time..Ever. It's disappointing to say the least because it really has potential to bring in at least a few more new faces cuz I mean, everyone uses Facebook.