Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Trouble sleeping (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115242)

remedy1502 11-9-2010 06:29 AM

Trouble sleeping

So I've been having tons of trouble getting to sleep at night lately. I have slept for 2 hours in the past 42 hours (from 8am-10am yesterday). I would like to sleep at night, but I'm just not tired. I don't really know what I should do, there's no way that not sleeping can be good for me.

Any suggestions as to what I should do? Does anyone else never feel tired?
I know I must be a little tired, I can't read arrows for **** right now XD

EnR 11-9-2010 07:59 AM

Re: Trouble sleeping

I know this isn't the same thing but I need help to sleep earlier, because I graduated high school and then quit my job I haven't been doing anything until I start work again so I go to bed around 3-4am and wake up at around 7am or when I sleep in 1-3pm. I also need help getting to sleep earlier, I just CAN'T sleep earlier and I just can't make myself sleep if I'm not tired.

MrRubix 11-9-2010 08:10 AM

What are you eating? Do you exercise?

Stop drinking tea/coffee if you do, and exercise once in a while. It'll help regulate your sleep patterns back to something more reasonable.

remedy1502 11-9-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrRubix (Post 3339532)

Stop drinking tea/coffee if you do, and exercise once in a while. It'll help regulate your sleep patterns back to something more reasonable.

I do exercise, at least 5 days a week.
I drink coffee sometimes, usually cause it's warm, and I'm cold. I can replace that with hot chocolate, I guess.

The weirdest part is that I will be tired during the day, but I have class during the day. So, sleep isn't an option. As soon as I get home and it starts getting late, I am WIDE awake. It doesn't make sense to me.

MrRubix 11-9-2010 02:14 PM

Let me ask you this: Do you sleep in a room with a window? Is your room well-lit?

adlp 11-9-2010 02:16 PM

rubix is gonna sneak in and rape u watchout

remedy1502 11-9-2010 02:20 PM

Not particularly well lit, no. But in the past I was able to sleep anywhere, anytime, regardless of light, noise, etc. Now I just, don't.
But since I have no more class for the day, I am going to try and take a nap.

Oh here's something maybe to think about: I fall asleep easier when the tv is on, or when I'm not in bed. I think it just has something to do with when I have to go to sleep, I can't. I don't know, though. I just have to make it so that I WANT to go to sleep. I want to, but apparently not enough.

MrRubix 11-9-2010 02:21 PM

Check this out when you get a chance: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed...phase_syndrome

And check out the fixes and see if those help

remedy1502 11-9-2010 02:29 PM

Well that sounds like me. A lot like me, actually. Thanks for that.
Time to try the fixes now...

scientific 11-9-2010 02:37 PM

snort some xanax

drink 2 beers

out like a light

BabyViperx3 11-9-2010 03:00 PM

Maybe you're anemic like I am |: I'm always tired.

Edit- wait, i read that wrong -__-

Insomnia?

MrRubix 11-9-2010 03:04 PM

Insomnia is a commonly overused diagnosis for sleep issues when it's usually not the case -- or it may not be all that accurate. What he's describing is likely phase delay.

Kibblre 11-9-2010 03:04 PM

Many people recommend not drinking anything with caffeine or using any type of electronics (video games, computers, TVs, etc.) at least an hour before attempting sleep. Try that out for a couple of days and see if it works.

DotKritic 11-9-2010 03:08 PM

NyQuil.

5.points 11-9-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrRubix (Post 3339709)
Check this out when you get a chance: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed...phase_syndrome

And check out the fixes and see if those help

This would be a likely reason but DSPS is more long term.

I have DSPS and have rarely ever fallen asleep at night, no matter what time zone difference, until daytime came around (cloudless days are worse). It tends to happen more in the winter and summer when daylight hours are weird. I had to adapt to falling asleep early and wake up early in the morning and getting stuff done.

It could just be stress. In that case you could just do something boring or take something to sleep.

sakura080789 11-9-2010 03:34 PM

when i can't sleep i use an herbal remedy it is a liquid of rosemary and sandlewood i rub the oil under my nose and im knocked out in maybe an hour. my parents got it for me but im sure there are places that sell things like that :)

Windscarredfaith 11-9-2010 03:49 PM

Sleep is a waste of time anyways. xD

MrGiggles 11-9-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrRubix (Post 3339738)
Insomnia is a commonly overused diagnosis for sleep issues when it's usually not the case -- or it may not be all that accurate. What he's describing is likely phase delay.

^

Usually, when I fall into a phase delay I can kind of force a reset by staying up for >24 hours and then going to bed at a reasonable hour when I'm falling all over myself.

This sounds similar to "chronotherapy" in that wikipedia article.

edit: Also I tried Provigil for a time and had reasonable success. This was actually an attempt to help treat sleep apnea, before they discovered my circadian rhythm was also out of whack.

karatesab 11-9-2010 04:36 PM

Normally when I can't sleep I will get out of my bed and do like, 15 push ups or 100 sit ups to force my body awake, but an exhausted form of awake. It usually works. If not then generally I lie flat on my back on my bed and go through my day or a story in my head with as much detail as I can and somewhere in the time frame that it takes I fall into a deep sleep from which I only wake when my alarm sounds.

However, I don't know if either of these fixes would matter if you did in fact have DSPS. :/

A Beautiful Mind 11-9-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrRubix (Post 3339532)

Rubix is right as always. You should start exercising regularly. I've just got back into heavy weightlifting again and needless to say, it's extremely exhausting. By the time I get back home, there are only two things on my mind, eating something, and sleeping.