Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   different lvls for songs... (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117596)

mountain_dew17 02-24-2011 04:30 PM

different lvls for songs...

quick question.....is there any possible way all of the songs can have a beginner,light,standard and heavy mode?? that way it would be alot easier to understand the song instead of jumping into a song that is way too hard but you like the music....

duddychuck@yahoo.com 02-24-2011 04:34 PM

Re: different lvls for songs...

Not gonna happen

LJRoX 02-24-2011 04:37 PM

Just get good.

Emo_Saur_ 02-24-2011 04:45 PM

ninjaKIWI 02-24-2011 04:49 PM

There are many songs with different versions, but in order to get a version 2/3/etc in the game it has to be pretty different from the existing file.

Ziergdsx18 02-24-2011 04:50 PM

Lol no?. Every song is fixed with a single difficulty. There should be plenty of songs for every skill level, just sort them by number. The higher the number that's beside the song name the harder the chart and vice-versa.

LJRoX 02-24-2011 04:53 PM

And I can't believe TC didn't see that considering he's been here for quite a while now.

prefx 02-24-2011 04:58 PM

Yeah, there is a song selector button, depending what engine your using it may be a small "s" in a circle under the G in the word Genre select at the top of the engine, or if you're on FFRthebeta or Velocity engine, it's a larger button, on the velocity one there are more sorting options, and on FFR the beta you'll just cum at how much better than FFRndanotherway.swf it is.

Plan_Bsk81127 02-24-2011 05:05 PM

In a way multiple difficulties is a better thing that way every song is open for everyone to comfortably play, but then again I have a feeling if we were to have multiple charts per song that some of the various difficulties of the files wouldnt come out too well because the song isnt meant to be stepped for a harder or easier chart.

kmay 02-24-2011 05:53 PM

and the ranking system would get ****ed to shit

8 Hour Whore 02-24-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmay (Post 3423840)
and now my monitors completely ****ed to shit

Exactly what I was thinking brah

TC_Halogen 02-24-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJRoX (Post 3423760)
And I can't believe TC didn't see that considering he's been here for quite a while now.

?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3423774)
In a way multiple difficulties is a better thing that way every song is open for everyone to comfortably play, but then again I have a feeling if we were to have multiple charts per song that some of the various difficulties of the files wouldnt come out too well because the song isnt meant to be stepped for a harder or easier chart.

Multiple difficulties is a great thing because it appeals to more people. Let's face it -- the amount of upper level files that gets put into the game is significantly higher than the amount of lower level files. Not a lot of people care to send in lower level files, but that is a problem of different sorts. Any song that is fully stepped to highest potential in difficulty can be sub-divided rhythmically in different spots to "lighten" the chart down a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmay (Post 3423840)
and the ranking system would get ****ed to shit

Not necessarily true. Being that FFR does still revolve on a numerical scale, and that there really isn't a whole lot of lower difficulty songs in comparison to high ones, it should be a little easier to place songs properly. I can understand where you're coming from about a distorted rating system -- something that comes to mind to make this true is someone stepping a slightly easier chart for an extremely difficult chart (med. difficulty to a [Heavy] that's > 11). Even more reason to give FFR's difficulty scale an overhaul, though.

bmah 02-24-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3423975)
Not a lot of people care to send in lower level files

and often when they do, it's rejected because reviewers don't realize it was meant to be an easier file in the first place - from my own experience

TC_Halogen 02-24-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3423978)
and often when they do, it's rejected because reviewers don't realize it was meant to be an easier file in the first place - from my own experience

I admit to rejecting one file in my first batch that I was judging for a reason similar to that, but it is a little unfair that it happens. FFR really needs to move past the one chart per song implication and actually start appealing to more than just the forum community that exists; the forums aren't where all of the players are.

Plan_Bsk81127 02-24-2011 09:58 PM

Ya, when it comes to easy files they seem to get rejected because the judges can be like "too boring" and want the full potential of the file stepped or a song that is more upbeat. The release rate of like 8+ is getting pretty crazy atm, really need more easy charts. If FFR isnt going to do like the multiple charts per song at least lets get some easy charts going, preferably piano ones because I like them. lol.

~HentaiXXX~ 02-24-2011 09:58 PM

hey, it's still better than having just synthlight files to start you off...great memories

who_cares973 02-24-2011 10:29 PM

Connect was a good easy file but it got rejected because THE JUDGES ARE ******S

~HentaiXXX~ 02-24-2011 10:55 PM

FFR = no easy songs

none

igotrhythm 02-25-2011 01:21 AM

Synthlight: Easy to full combo, but god help you if you're going for a perfect score. (Keep in mind that in the early days, making files was cumbersome, tedious and an inexact science to boot.)

The problem with easy files getting into the game is that all the players that are "good enough" to be on a judging panel are men among men and are too skilled to tell the difference between a good easy file and a bad one. Before my skill boost I used to pitch in my 2 cents on a regular basis in the Song of the Week thread, but I too am becoming cantankerous and reluctant to play through long and easy Rock songs that require insane amounts of concentration to AAA.

bmah 02-25-2011 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotrhythm (Post 3424072)
The problem with easy files getting into the game is that all the players that are "good enough" to be on a judging panel are men among men and are too skilled to tell the difference between a good easy file and a bad one.

You'd think, right? But when I asked for advice on how to make easy charts, I've got different responses:

dore: it's easier to make a functional easy chart than a functional hard chart but it's much more difficult to make a good easy chart than a good hard chart

Gundam-Dude: anybody can step an easy chart, the only tricky part is actually making it interesting to playthrough and not just throwing 4th and 8th notes wherever you feel like it

kommisar: for easier files it's better to broadly follow the song. it's not often that a song will deliver a melody to follow that's consistently simple or would warrant an easier difficulty. It's better to step the feel of the music with 8ths etc. I actually find it harder to make really good easy files than more complex charts lmao.

There's more of which you can find on the last three pages of the old queue/batch discussion thread that's now locked.

note: in all of the arguments I see, according to the ratio of easy to hard files, I'd say that it's more urgent to get a few more easy files in as opposed to finding that perfect "fun", "replayable" but easy file. Because that sounds like a rare thing. In which case of course you aren't going to get many easy files in with that sort of philosophy, as much as we're trying to accept the best files possible.