Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Justin_ator's Photo Scavenger Hunt!! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=125256)

justin_ator 08-9-2012 08:54 PM

Justin_ator's Photo Scavenger Hunt!!

Would you do this for prizes?

How about this?

If you think you have what it takes to be FFR's Top Photo/Video Scavenger, prove it to us in the

justin_ator's
FFR Photo Scavenger Hunt~

It's back! Thel FFR photo scavenger hunt is coming. Last year psychoangel691 and myself ran the 5th, the first photo scavenger hunt since Tasselfoot ran his in 2009. In Tasselfoot's day, they were always a big hit with a lot of the community, and it seemed to go over well this past year as well. Hopefully this year we'll have more exciting competition and even more participation!

General Info

Pay close attention in the next few paragraphs, and a lot of the questions you might have should be answered. A lot of this will be very similar to last year's.

The Setup

Similar to last year, this will be run in rounds! You will get certain photo opportunities at certain times, and this will last far longer than Tasselfoot's FFR Photo Hunts. This will be 4 rounds, each lasting 12 days. This modification is being made so that everyone will have a good amount of time (almost two weeks) to accomplish all the photo tasks for the round. "I've been too busy" is now a pretty invalid excuse. Each round will be set up as follows:

Easy difficulty photos, Medium difficulty photos, Hard difficulty photos, and bonus video opportunities

And the point values will be as follows:

5 pts, 10 pts, 15 pts, and 0-40 pts.

All final scores are subject to review and change by either myself or my assistance.

Submission

Just as a reminder, we wanted to mention a few of these things:
Pictures MUST be your own, and MUST be taken AFTER the start of this competition. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Please try not to be any more distasteful with any of your pictures than the rules already require, forum rules still apply here.
Don’t Photoshop, we’re not stupid.
Use [img] tags to post your photos! We want everyone to be able to see them, in this thread! (for those of you who don’t know, put [img]http://i.imgur.com/T1ntL.jpg[/img])

Winning, duh

How do I win, you ask? Well, by collecting the most total points by the end of the competition! Well what do I get? Due to lack of anything reward-like on this site, our resources are somewhat limited. Prizes thus far include credits, a new profile layout (from justin_ator; if desired, not necessary), and obviously the self-fulfillment of being FFR’s Top Photoscavenger, a glory very few have received. There will also be more to the prizes such as physical objects, but I am still looking into this and cannot give details just yet. When I can, I will. If there is something you would like to see as a prize, throw it out there and maybe I'll consider it.

Last Remarks

Late submissions:
You can submit photos after their round has passed, yes. The catch, however, is that their point value will have dropped to their next respective level in point value.
Example:
Easy photo: on time (5), 1 round late (2), 2+ rounds late (0)
Medium photo: on time (10), 1 round late (5), 2 rounds late (2), 3 late (0)
Hard photo: on time (15), 1 round late (10), 2 late (5), 3 late (2)
Bonus videos will vary, but will most likely face a 10pt reduction from the total per round they are late, since value ranges from 0 to 40.

Start Date:

We are going to kick this thing off September 1st!, 2012, at 10:00PM Server Time. So keep an eye out for the first round that day!

Sign-ups:

You don’t have to sign up! But if you would like to, there will be a spreadsheet and you can be added now. Just post that you plan on participating, and you'll get put up on the spreadsheet now. Either way, you’ll get added to it as soon as you post your first picture. Signups will run until the end of August so that plenty of people have time to notice, and also so that I have plenty of time to finish organizing the event.

Current Entrants can be found at the spreadsheet link located at the bottom of the post

Point Total:

I'll update this with a point total as soon as I have amounts and photo opportunities all set in place (: Last year there were over 1000 points to be received, so there are plenty of photos/videos to do!

Photo With Tass:

In the past there has always been a 25 point photo opportunity for this competition. It was to get a photo of yourself with Tasselfoot. Now that is somewhat of an impossible task, so we’ve modified it a little bit. It is now “Get a picture with any staff member.” (the complete list of staff members can be found here)

Photos v. Video:

We’ll glady take videos or photos for pretty much all of the photo opportunities, but there is no guarantee you will get any additional points for a video unless the photo requirement says so specifically. We ask that you limit your videos to those that are actually worth the time, because watching 120 videos from 40 users would take a lot of time out of our schedules.

Combination Photos:

There will be no bonuses for doing multiple requirements in one photo, so it’s up to you if you want to do combination photos or not.

FFR T-Shirt Bonus:

There will be an FFR T-Shirt bonus, as usual. If you take one of the pictures with you in FFR apparel, you will receive double the points on your highest scoring photo for the competition only. We will figure this out at the end, so don’t worry about trying to account for it ahead of time, just submit with FFR apparel and leave the rest up to us. =] Again, this bonus can only be achieved once and will be added at the end of the competition. You CAN make your own FFR shirt, if you don’t own one! We ask that you put a little effort into it at least, rep FFR!

Teams:

We are NOT allowing "teams" in this competition. You can work with people you live near or with, to find and gather stuff, but you can't partner up and submit together with other users to try to get a higher total score.

The Competition
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4

The title of Top FFR Photo Scavenger currently belongs to demonllama6124, so you all should try to dethrone him!

That’s all we have for you right now, and we hope you guys are looking forward to this kicking off in a month! Go tell all your friends about it so that we can have some serious competition! Hope you all have lots of fun with this!

SPREADSHEET~

justin_ator 08-9-2012 08:54 PM

Re: Justin_ator's Photo Scavenger Hunt!!

Reserved in case

ohsosilly 08-9-2012 08:55 PM

IN. YES. OMG emotions WAAAAH photohunt :33333

pmonibuv1 08-9-2012 09:03 PM

oh boy.

alloyus 08-9-2012 09:16 PM

The rounds thing puts me off from this, to be honest. Still hope everyone has fun though :)

justin_ator 08-9-2012 09:17 PM

Why exactly, alloyus?

Hazelle 08-9-2012 09:21 PM

Oh my god yes!!!! <3
and im getting a camera for my birthday
this will be fuccen grand <3 <3 <3 <#

demonllama6124 08-9-2012 11:10 PM

You know I'm in, don't gotta even ask. All hail the king of the photos :D i welcome all who challenges the throne

I was wondering when you were gonna post this Justin cus oh god was it fun. Everyone should go look at how much stupid crap we had to go through, i mean look, I'm making out with the Beiber. Kind of sucks that it starts in November though, it'll end December 18th.

Also, on a quick side note for the competition, don't try to find loopholes for any of the pictures please. If I had to dump a gallon of milk on my head, then so should you. I will be adding in my 2 cents to make sure of it. I wanna feel honored handing my title over to someone who can make a bigger ass out of themselves than me.lol

TC_Halogen 08-9-2012 11:18 PM

Not to be a downer or anything, but this is an official event that has been on the site for quite some time...

...did you ask any staff to do this? Just wondering.

i love you 08-9-2012 11:25 PM

Wait, this is the 6th one? Holy shit where have I been? xd

I like it 08-9-2012 11:32 PM

might take some pix for this

justin_ator 08-9-2012 11:43 PM

Holy crap... TOTALLY THE WRONG START DATE. Wow... Next month, NOT November. Daaaaaang my bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3743946)
Not to be a downer or anything, but this is an official event that has been on the site for quite some time...

...did you ask any staff to do this? Just wondering.

As far as I've noticed (maybe I'm wrong, if this isn't the case then staff, feel free to just tell me and I'll remove my OP and you can close it) nobody in staff was interested in even entertaining the idea of putting together a photo hunt aside from Kayla back when her and I ran the last one. If a true, FFR staff-run photo hunt is going to happen, I'll back down and let them do it (and gladly help, too). I just haven't seen any indication whatsoever that I'm not the only one who has any desire to run this.

Hateandhatred 08-10-2012 05:41 AM

I wanna hulp u

alloyus 08-10-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3743840)
Why exactly, alloyus?

It's just too much for me

catzeye21138 08-11-2012 06:02 PM

This this this. One million times this. I'm so excited. Sept. 1st feels too far away. Add me to the spreadsheet.

What would be fantastic is if you could send out a message to everyone who pre registered for this, just so that we don't forget! I'm mainly saying this because I totally spaced on the first round of the official tourny this year. ):

One of my favorite pictures from last year:

tigresslake 08-11-2012 06:06 PM

Please sign me up

Coolboyrulez0 08-11-2012 06:07 PM

Will most likely just enjoy the crazy submissions from you guys, as always ;)

25thhour 08-11-2012 06:14 PM

Don't have any friends to take the pictures where I live now :(

demonllama6124 08-11-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 25thhour (Post 3744931)
Don't have any friends to take the pictures where I live now :(

dude, i had many, many strangers take pics for me. i grabbed three random kids inside of wal mart to do a pillow fight, and then another random person to take it while i beat them with pillow pets.

catzeye21138 08-11-2012 11:05 PM

Demonllama is the lord of photo stunts. I can only hope for 2nd this year, though I will still try, lol.