Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Astronomic Metal Collection 2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=108194)

SulferDragon 07-15-2009 03:22 PM

Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

What do you mean, "Send you a fixed version?" I never said I was fixing anything. Do you want me to help you fix it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3147300)
BTW Sulfer I sent a fixed When Leyends Come to Life and Eve of Seduction,In case u forgot em or anything

Oh and Blazing Hate wasnt on the list of accepted files either,did u already fix what was wrong?

I know, I got them.

I didn't put Blazing Hate on the list because I haven't gotten around to fixing it. I'll do it sooner or later, and then I will add it.

Charlo 07-15-2009 04:40 PM

Hey Sulfer, thanks for reviewing my files. I probably won't redo the files that "need work" (I don't really care enough to do all those fixes), but the ones that are "excepted with tweaks" I'll fix up and resubmit.

I'm pretty sure that the BPM and gap are correct on Euphoric Dream so it must be the video card or whatever it is that causes gaps to differ on separate machines. I'll double check, though.

I might submit some more death/black metal files just to reduce the dominance of power metal. :D

Virus881 07-15-2009 04:58 PM

Sorry, I misunderstood what did you stand for "Accepted with some tweaks".

I'll do my best =)

N.T.M. 07-15-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3139698)

That's another thing. I am sick of you're excuses, whether they be good ones or not.

Also, your post totally sounds like something Ben Speirs would say.

I'm not calling this pack dead, because it isn't. I could just release it with the stuff I already have if I wanted to.

What would you suggest I do? As an accepted judge I have an obligation to follow through to the best of my ability, however, atm there are uncircumventable problems for me: my recently-purchased computer (from my friend) needed more parts... fine, I bought them. But now I have no internet at my house. My parents canceled it. I'll try to get a connection established myself here I guess. Just kinda worried about money. I figure that'd be rectified fairly easy (maybe even work something out with my parents). That should be no problem, but as for the present, consider my reviews indefinitely suspended.

Best solution here imo would be to find more judges (even excluding my absence it'd just be a good idea). I should be back soon. :(

Joe D 07-21-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3144919)
but it's overlong and unamazing (kind of like the new Transformers movie, only not as painful).

So true lol.I almost fell asleep watching it.And there was this nerd behind me

sp1nzoK 07-28-2009 10:47 PM

Sent in Zyglrox, also bumpd I guess.

Virus881 07-28-2009 11:36 PM

I think here we need more judges. Urgent!

buizel8888 07-28-2009 11:42 PM

oh **** i didnt know you still existed sulfer

sup

N.T.M. 07-30-2009 03:03 PM

I.... Am......

ALIVE!!!!!

You wouldn't believe all the problems I've encountered while trying to assemble my new computer and establish an internet connection. Just crazy. Everything's done now though.

I gotta leave for work soon here (and redownload some more programs that I lost), but reviews should be coming very soon.

Ghakimx 07-30-2009 03:21 PM

I will try to help on graphics, since bmah keeps calling my files bad.

Charlo 08-3-2009 09:18 PM

I am on vacation right now so it will probably be a week or so before I re-submit my fixed-up files. I might also submit some fresh ones.

Virus881 08-3-2009 09:40 PM

Ytse Jam took more time than I expected!!!
I hope that I'll be submitting it soon.

Joe D 08-4-2009 06:14 PM

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

SulferDragon 08-4-2009 07:17 PM

lol, I didn't know people were still posting in here

Quote:

Originally Posted by buizel8888 (Post 3165491)
oh **** i didnt know you still existed sulfer

sup

I've existed again for awhile. I never stopped existing before, I just existed less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3168227)
I.... Am......

ALIVE!!!!!

You wouldn't believe all the problems I've encountered while trying to assemble my new computer and establish an internet connection. Just crazy. Everything's done now though.

I gotta leave for work soon here (and redownload some more programs that I lost), but reviews should be coming very soon.

You really don't need to waste your time with anything I already reviewed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghakimx (Post 3168241)
I will try to help on graphics, since bmah keeps calling my files bad.

Don't be a quitter. I appreciate the help though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlo (Post 3174044)
I am on vacation right now so it will probably be a week or so before I re-submit my fixed-up files. I might also submit some fresh ones.

I was actually going to ask what was taking you so long.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3175207)
lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

Quit spamming.

Ghakimx 08-4-2009 10:51 PM

So how can I help with the graphics? Make banners? Backgrounds? I just need to be sent the file name and I'll make them or something.

SulferDragon 08-4-2009 11:17 PM

I'll let you know when I need graphics for something.

N.T.M. 08-5-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3175324)

You really don't need to waste your time with anything I already reviewed.

OK. I'll check to see if there are any new submissions since your last review post.

SulferDragon 08-5-2009 10:49 PM

There definitely are. I still have things sitting around that I downloaded a while ago.

N.T.M. 08-5-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3177692)
There definitely are. I still have things sitting around that I downloaded a while ago.

Eh, so I guess they weren't all judged in chronological order. =P I'll check your last review page and check everything submitted after that. Then later I'll go back and look for the interspersed overlooked files.

N.T.M. 08-5-2009 11:52 PM

Zyglrox Rejected - Cut the mp3, sync seems a bit off in places, and PLEASE step some of those crazy background drums in lue of those repetitive guitar patterns.

Accept The Fact Rejected - Some of those straight 24ths should be skittle notes (yes, it is VERY time consuming). The sync is also considerably off in places. Still better than most Warmen files though.

When Legends Come to Life - Does music like this really constitute "metal"? Dunnow. Also, the song choice is poor (too monotonous).

The Darkest of Winters Rejected - You can simplify some measures if some included notes are insufficiently pronounced, but this is ridiculous (and prevalent throughout the file):

Sync is also off throughout the file. In conjunction with those errors, lots of guitar streams seem kinda.... "disjointed".

Those things aside it was actually fun to play. Oh, and it's very understepped in areas. But still, there's potential here. These things can be rectified.

To everybody: please don't take any of my criticism negatively. If you have any further questions about anything, just ask and I'll be happy to explain.

And Sulfer: any particular files you have in mind that I should review next?

Oh, and if you think we could use another Judge, BAQ12 is up for it. He makes solid files.

Virus881 08-6-2009 12:59 AM

Okay =\
I'm slowly trying to finish my simfile, because I haven't the same energies for stepping songs than before, although I think that I've become more technical.

N.T.M. 08-6-2009 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virus881 (Post 3177843)
Okay =\
I'm slowly trying to finish my simfile, because I haven't the same energies for stepping songs than before, although I think that I've become more technical.

Your files have potential. You just pick really tough stuff to step lol. Lots of people who can step other genres well can't step stuff like that either.

Bluearrowll 08-6-2009 05:34 PM

Hey NTM ETA when you start judging again? :D

N.T.M. 08-6-2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluearrowll (Post 3178643)
Hey NTM ETA when you start judging again? :D

I've already resumed judging. Check the previous page. I can't remember what file was yours, but basically all the files I reviewed were salvageable.

Any questions regarding further details, just post.

Also, Sulfer can (and has before) override any of my decisions. I tend to be very strict. He's more lax.

Joe D 08-7-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3177768)
When Legends Come to Life - Does music like this really constitute "metal"? Dunnow. Also, the song choice is poor (too monotonous)..

French Power Metal,duh

Ghakimx 08-7-2009 10:09 PM

I'm gonna do Japanese Power Metal. Aw yeah.

SulferDragon 08-8-2009 09:26 PM

German power metal is definitely the best.

I played the files N.T.M. reviewed and I'm not accepted any of them. No, I'm not posting reviews. I already said I wasn't going to. None of them were terrible, but they all definitely need some work.

Also, Joe, don't send another version of When Legends Come to Life. You're not going to make an enjoyable file out of it. It's a bad song choice.

The only file that hasn't been reviewed is Love is Green. People haven't sent much recently.

Lastly, seeing as how nobody labels their simfiles like I have said they should, here's an example of how to do it so I don't have to keep fixing them myself:

N.T.M. 08-9-2009 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3181312)
German power metal is definitely the best.

I played the files N.T.M. reviewed and I'm not accepted any of them. No, I'm not posting reviews. I already said I wasn't going to. None of them were terrible, but they all definitely need some work.

Also, Joe, don't send another version of When Legends Come to Life. You're not going to make an enjoyable file out of it. It's a bad song choice.

The only file that hasn't been reviewed is Love is Green. People haven't sent much recently.

Lastly, seeing as how nobody labels their simfiles like I have said they should, here's an example of how to do it so I don't have to keep fixing them myself:

I'll review that tomorrow then (in addition to a file I just received via PM).

Also, Sulfer, seeing as I'm a hopeless perfectionist I may make some tiny revisions to a couple of my files. =P

*edit* DCPII is never gonna get judged. I may rescind a couple submissions and send them here instead. I just wanted to diversify my submissions (where they're sent).

*edit again* Post # 666

Joe D 08-9-2009 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3181312)

ok.U still gotta chek my revised Eve of Seduction.Im preety sure I sent it awhile bak.Ill re-send it if i must.

PS-u only say German Power Metal cuz of Freedom Call :P

SulferDragon 08-9-2009 05:03 PM

Wait, I could have sworn I accepted that already...

Okay, it was the last file I bothered reviewing. I never posted it.

Eve of Seduction (again) - Accepted - It's great when you give someone advice and they follow it exactly. You fixed everything perfectly.

P.S. That's only half the reason. Blind Guardian, Helloween, and Gamma Ray are also from Germany.

N.T.M. 08-9-2009 05:36 PM

Love is Green (Bluearrow) - rejected - Poor song choice, very bad PR, inexcusable omitted notes, and riddled with sync errors.

Under a Glass Moon (GLoVE) - Accepted - This just needs to get the OK from Sulfer as it's hardly from an obscure pack. Still, imo, it's quality warrants its acceptance despite that.

Misanthropic Coil (ICYW) - not fully judged yet - I'm in a hurry to be somewhere so I'll have to postpone further details 'til later tonight when I'm back. All that stuck out to me when I played it was some superfluous hands. I still need to check a few more things.

Choofers 08-9-2009 06:32 PM

N.T.M. will probably appreciate this.
I'm going to try stepping Sacrificed Sons.

baq12 08-9-2009 07:20 PM

hmmm maybe i should send my Warmen sims to this, what u think NTM?

N.T.M. 08-9-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baq12 (Post 3182396)

I say yes. Just go over the sync on those 8th note streams again for your RR file. The gap's a bit off there, but the sync for the solos is sufficient. Both are pretty much guaranteed accepts.

I've got two more files for this too.

Virus881 08-9-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3182320)
N.T.M. will probably appreciate this.
I'm going to try stepping Sacrificed Sons.

Woot!! Good luck!

Charlo 08-10-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3144919)

A Warrior's Death - Accepted with some tweaks - The patterns in this are much better than the first file, and overall it is much more fun. The use of holds is sketchy throughout the whole file. This seems to be a problem with a lot of your files I have played. It's not that bad in this file, except in places such as measures 37-42. Some of the holds are half-notes, some are quarter-notes, and others are completely ignored. Talk about inconsistent. This song is also a bit on the long side. Although, it is varied enough to be interesting.

Carrion Sculpted Entity - Accepted with some tweaks - Good index stepfile fare. I would like to see something else more interesting done with that long 16th stream at measure 101-118. That's about it. Thankfully, it's short; otherwise, I would reject it on account of being boring.

Euphoric Dream - Accepted with some tweaks - Errors I found as follows:
m104, Why can't you put 16ths in between the jumps?
m114, The error should be obvious if you listen to the guitar.
m132, I think the correct pattern is more like this.
m195-196, I honestly think that 16th stream breaks the flow and is out of place.
m201, I don't think all those steps actually go to sounds.
m203-204, Just like measure 195.
The 24ths in the solo are all wrong. They're not 24ths at all. Also, some of the 16ths should actually be 24ths. You stepped everything backwards!
I also noticed the sync in this file was really bad. It might be the gap, or it could be the BPM. I don't know. Either way, it's wrong. Some of your other files might be off too, but I don't feel like checking.
Overall, this file is actually really fun. It's probably the best file I have ever played by you. It's certainly the most consistent. The song is ****ing great too. Fix this file.

I have fixed up these files and will submit them shortly. I will also submit some new ones.

Regarding the holds in A Warrior's Death, the reason they're different lengths is to avoid hands (I have an irrational hatred of hands). I agree that there could be more consistency in other areas, though, so I fixed up a few things.

I also completely redid the last part of Carrion Sculpted Entity and took all your suggestions for Euphoric Dream. The gap and BPM feel right to me but you can change them if you want.

Joe D 08-10-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baq12 (Post 3182396)

I think its a swell Idea too.Besides Baq,send me that Scars of Yesterday file of urs.I rly wanna try it :)

N.T.M. 08-11-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3182235)
Misanthropic Coil (ICYW) - not fully judged yet - I'm in a hurry to be somewhere so I'll have to postpone further details 'til later tonight when I'm back. All that stuck out to me when I played it was some superfluous hands. I still need to check a few more things.

accepted with some tweaks.

So... We've got some superfluous hands, and lots of fairly minor PR errors. An example would be like measure 13: both patterns initiated at m13b2 and m13b4 should be the same. However, when this minifreeze section repeats, the pitch isn't always repeated identically. Like maybe instead of 12321232 it may be like 1232xxxx. Both of those are relatively negligible though. The only error I'd present as a stipulation for acceptance is measure 118: the majority of those notes (namely 8ths) are completely inaudible. Rectify that with a more "coherent" pattern and I'd accept it. And I'll leave Sulfer to decide if it's the kinda style he wants in the pack (cuz it's debatably overstepped a bit and repetitive).

Virus881 08-11-2009 11:46 PM

Hey NTM, can you help me to fix Pull Me Under please??

N.T.M. 08-12-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virus881 (Post 3185534)
Hey NTM, can you help me to fix Pull Me Under please??

Certainly. I don't recall the name though. Did I review it? Sulfer? I'll check some of Sulfer's recent reviews and see if it's included. Then I'll just download the file.

*edit* So I checked and it has been sent. I'll download the file and review it later and give an overview on how to rectify any errors.

Shashakiro 08-12-2009 05:03 PM

put this in if you feel like it, since I don't think it's well known at all:

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...p?songid=38622

personally I think it's a really fun file (heavy, anyway), but I might be biased since it's once of my favorite songs ever haha

N.T.M. 08-12-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashakiro (Post 3186478)

personally I think it's a really fun file (heavy, anyway), but I might be biased since it's once of my favorite songs ever haha

I'll review this in addition to going over Virus's file when I have time. Been busy all day today and I just stopped by to check on things real fast.

*edit* One of my favorite songs too. It better be good.

Plan_Bsk81127 08-12-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashakiro (Post 3186478)

Add this, great great song and the file is fun ad challenging.

I like this type of metal over that Rhapsody like stuff too. lol.

N.T.M. 08-12-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3186585)
Add this, great great song and the file is fun ad challenging.

I like this type of metal over that Rhapsody like stuff too. lol.

I great song doesn't compensate for a ****ty file. I'll check it out now.

N.T.M. 08-12-2009 08:41 PM

Two Weeks - rejected - The offset is way off, those ARE NOT 12th drum bursts in the intro, the main solo has too many inconsistencies, and I didn't bother to look any further cuz that's enough for me to reject this.

Pull Me Under quick review like I promised:

Whole file seems riddled with sync errors (DT is tough to sync, I know). You also need to pay more attention to detail. Some sections are too sparse and bastardized sections like that are prevalent throughout the file. And example of this would be m132b2: that drum pattern lacks a lot of detail and seems a bit outta sync even with what few steps were placed.

A few other misc. examples of things:

*185.75 - jump's not needed
*m93 - skittle notes are off
*m94 - improve drum/guitar differentiation
*m130 - skittle notes are off
*m202b4 - those are 24ths not 16ths

N.T.M. 08-17-2009 02:10 AM

Misanthropic Coil (ICYW) - Accepted - Accepted by me, however there still are a few things here: 136.74 and 141.79 should both have jumps placed for consistency. Measure 118 is unchanged and even if those 8ths are present (at some speed), it still doesn't warrant their placement.

There are also still a lot of (fairly negligible) tiny PR errors and seemingly superfluous hands. None of these are stipulations for acceptance.

Places like measure 25: sorry, but those minifreezes are outta sync (not all of them, just at the beginning and maybe some other places). You're sol there cuz you can't do **** about it. This then incorporates a theory I like to call "sm theory of subjectiveness". Since instruments like the guitar can't (when layered) have an exact point identified where it was initiated, some infinitesimal disparity could be permitted.

Bad news: the gap in your file exceeds that so you're still sol. I won't reject the file for that, but Sulfer might (doubt it though).

Sacrifice for the Slaughtergod (Authority) - Rejected - Not TOO bad, but definitely lacks fundamental SM construction: There is no PR, lots of places should have been layered more (hands + background drums), patterns are all arbitrary and devoid of even rudimentary consistency.

If you want me to state examples of this I'd be happy to do so.

Charlo's files - pending rejections...:

There are quite a few here. I'll try to review them all at once when I have the time (maybe tomorrow).

*edit* Some of your files have potential, but I'm probably gonna reject all of those submissions due to significant quality drawbacks: PR is non-existent, learn to use hands, pick better music that doesn't demand excessive vocal attention to combat their repetitive nature (cutting mp3s can also be effective for this).

I'll ascertain this tomorrow.

Again (anybody), any questions, just ask.

Some of my revised files (mostly for Sulfer):

Prepare for War (N.T.M.) - already accepted - Middle 144 BPM section was completely resynced.

Every Time I Die (N.T.M.) - already accepted - I resynced EVERY measure. Some minor PR errors were rectified in conjunction with minor additional layering. Read me file inside was also extended.

baq12 08-17-2009 12:10 PM

Sending in my Warmen sims, Trip To has got some fixes i made on the keyboard solo (it had really awkward patterns), Roppongi Rumble i resynced the main Chorus and the keyboard solo, and a bonus sim for the heck of it

N.T.M. 08-19-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3192571)
Charlo's files - pending rejections...:

Some of your files have potential, but I'm probably gonna reject all of those submissions due to significant quality drawbacks: PR is non-existent, learn to use hands, pick better music that doesn't demand excessive vocal attention to combat their repetitive nature (cutting mp3s can also be effective for this).

I'll ascertain this tomorrow.

Yeah, sorry, they're rejected. Just far too many errors to be overlooked.

Here's Valkyries for an example which pretty much accurately exemplifies everything wrong with your files (at least the parts that cannot be overlooked):

m1 m1b3 m2 and m3 4th notes ARE ALL THE SAME. Identical pitch included in measures that hardly span enough distance to warrant their randomization. With errors like that the entire song feels like you're just randomly hitting keys appose to emulating the music.

Trip To (Baq12) - Accepted - Intro shoulda been stepped, man. It was evil for you to exclude it like that =P. m12 drums had some pitch inconsistencies but that's relatively negligible. PR also seems kinda iffy in places.

Roppongi Rumble (Baq12) - Accepted - Pretty much just like Trip To (excluding the intro thingy).

And suddenly.... I need to step some Warmen. BAQ this is obviously your fault, and if anything I needed to do today suffers I'm holding you responsible. ^_^

*edit* Gonna be gone for about a week.

San Diego

baq12 08-20-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3196613)

Trip To (Baq12) - Accepted - Intro shoulda been stepped, man. It was evil for you to exclude it like that =P. m12 drums had some pitch inconsistencies but that's relatively negligible. PR also seems kinda iffy in places.

Roppongi Rumble (Baq12) - Accepted - Pretty much just like Trip To (excluding the intro thingy).

And suddenly.... I need to step some Warmen. BAQ this is obviously your fault, and if anything I needed to do today suffers I'm holding you responsible. ^_^

*edit* Gonna be gone for about a week.

San Diego

Hehe just make sure Accept the Fact is good, that way we would have 3 warmen sims from the Accept the Fact album :P the new Warmen album thou... thats gunna be sick

*edit* i know i shouldve stepped the intro, my editor was being evil on me so i had to skip the intro :(

N.T.M. 08-20-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baq12 (Post 3197225)
Hehe just make sure Accept the Fact is good

Not to sound conceited, but it's gonna be as good as the song will permit. Trying to keep everything within 3 MS, although sometimes you're obligated to be about 5 MS off. My perfectionist nature won't let me take any shortcuts I'm afraid. :(

K guys, leaving to San Diego for a few days. Later!!

Joe D 08-21-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3196613)
Gonna be gone for about a week.

San Diego

Hope your Airplane crashes lol

N.T.M. 08-24-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3199884)
Hope your Airplane crashes lol

lol Since when did you hate me?

Still there btw.

Joe D 08-24-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3203710)
lol Since when did you hate me?

Still there btw.

lol.Im EvilTraian.I wish death 4 everyone.Specially that no good Sulfer Dragon.He thinks hes cool just kuz his username says Dragon.Lol just kidn:lol:

SulferDragon 08-29-2009 10:17 PM

Gee, it only took me like a month to do this.

A Warrior's Death - Accepted with some tweaks - You still left out some holds. Also, the holds in places like measure 183 should all be 8th notes long.

Carrion Sculpted Entity - Accepted with some tweaks - Well, you changed the ending stream, but it isn't any better. Either follow the lyrics or layer them in with the 16ths. Don't alternate between following the two like that. You could have even kept the long 16th stream if you made the patterns more pitch relevant and consistent.

Euphoric Dream - Accepted - I'm going against N.T.M. on this one and definitely accepting it. I love it!

Every Time I Die - Update - Okay, good.

Godsent - Accepted with some tweaks - The beginning needs to be completely redone. Some the 16ths in the solo broke the consistency (measure 164). Also, the gap is noticeably off. This song almost reminds me of Symphony X for some reason... only not as awesome.

Love is Green - Rejected - N.T.M. is right.

Misanthropic Coil - Accepted - I don't know if I played the old or new version, but it was good enough.

Prepare for War - Update - Yeah, sure.

Roppongi Rumble - Pending - There's not necessarily anything wrong with the steps. I'm just trying to decide if this is even necessary to add. I honestly have no problems with EW's file from the first pack, so I can't see why putting a v2 in here is warrented. Sure, his isn't entirely PitCH ReLaVeNT, but as if I give a damn about that.

Sacrifice for the Slaughtergod - Needs work - Some inconsistent freeze usage. Solo could be more accurate. Sync seems off at times. Needs some work.

Trip To - Pending - I need to think about this one too. Also, ****ing chill with the colored note syndrome. Not every note needs to be green.

Two Weeks - Accepted with some tweaks - As far as I could tell, the things N.T.M. pointed out are the only errors. They're minor enough for me to accept it, but I'd prefer to see them fixed. We do need some more overstepped stuff in this pack though.

Under a Glass Moon - Accepted - I guess I can throw this in it if you'd like.

Valkyries - Accepted with some tweaks - Some of the layering is questionable, but I really don't have many problems with this. I might accept it if N.T.M. didn't dislike it. Also, most of your files still have gap issues.

Plan_Bsk81127 08-29-2009 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3186713)
I great song doesn't compensate for a ****ty file. I'll check it out now.

lol, well the file isnt s***ty, I find it quite fun.

N.T.M. 08-30-2009 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3210141)
lol, well the file isnt s***ty, I find it quite fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3186802)
Two Weeks - rejected - The offset is way off, those ARE NOT 12th drum bursts in the intro, the main solo has too many inconsistencies, and I didn't bother to look any further cuz that's enough for me to reject this.

It hurt me to play it :(.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3210107)

Euphoric Dream - Accepted - I'm going against N.T.M. on this one and definitely accepting it. I love it!

Don't even remember that file. I'll go back and see what I said ^_^.

Quote:

Valkyries - Accepted with some tweaks - Some of the layering is questionable, but I really don't have many problems with this. I might accept it if N.T.M. didn't dislike it. Also, most of your files still have gap issues.

The pitch inconsistencies don't gnaw at the back of your mind?! hmm =/

Joe D 08-30-2009 11:22 AM

glad to c this pack aint dead :D

Plan_Bsk81127 08-30-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Two Weeks - Accepted with some tweaks - As far as I could tell, the things N.T.M. pointed out are the only errors. They're minor enough for me to accept it, but I'd prefer to see them fixed. We do need some more overstepped stuff in this pack though.

All that matters N.T.M. :P

SulferDragon 08-30-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3210384)
The pitch inconsistencies don't gnaw at the back of your mind?! hmm =/

I guess maybe a little. You know I don't like to complain about pitch errors though. I'm also not sure if he even knows how to make patterns pitch relevant. I've never seen PR patterns in his files.

+ this:

Heretics & Killers - accep - Didn't you submit this to XOON?

Joe D 08-30-2009 03:38 PM

no.Charlo lacks Pitch Relevancy

PS.How many songs are in the pack already?

Charlo 08-30-2009 09:17 PM

Yes, I do lack pitch relevancy, although it's not a matter of not knowing how to do it. I don't especially care. I make simfiles the way I like them. Maybe I'll sound like a douchebag saying this, but it seems like people have gotten too obsessed with making perfectly stepped/layered/PR'ed files and forgotten that this game is supposed to be fun.

I've wanted to say that for a while. :P

That said, I'm willing to sacrifice my artistic integrity so my files can make it into this pack. Thanks for reviewing my files NTM and Sulfer. :)

N.T.M. 08-30-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3210598)
All that matters N.T.M. :P

I've been outranked 0_o.

*embraces the PWNAGE*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlo (Post 3211442)
Yes, I do lack pitch relevancy, although it's not a matter of not knowing how to do it. I don't especially care. I make simfiles the way I like them. Maybe I'll sound like a douchebag saying this, but it seems like people have gotten too obsessed with making perfectly stepped/layered/PR'ed files and forgotten that this game is supposed to be fun.

True, but stated too vaguely. If a song contains very repetitive elements then some arbitrary placement can be permitted, but if accuracy (emulating the music as perfectly as possible) results in a boring file, that's always a result of poor song choice, because the song's also boring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlo (Post 3211442)
That said, I'm willing to sacrifice my artistic integrity so my files can make it into this pack. Thanks for reviewing my files NTM and Sulfer. :)

Superimpose that kinda style if you like, but only when it's warranted (like I mentioned). And you're welcome ^_^.

Joe D 09-3-2009 06:22 PM

NTM is a little too strict :(.Remember NTM that PR aint important.Sulfer said it about a trillion times

N.T.M. 09-3-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3215911)
NTM is a little too strict :(.Remember NTM that PR aint important.Sulfer said it about a trillion times

It's absolutely essential for certain genres. Unfortunately their application is typically even more important with rock genres (solos, etc.). And he never said it wasn't important. He said it was negligible in some instances.

Joe D 09-4-2009 04:11 PM

I think im gunna submit sumthing else 4 this.The Fall of an Empire by Fairyland.Its preety sweet.I hope It can make a decent chart.Ill make it in the vein of my old filez (meaning Ill make it fun and index friendly) exept with PR

N.T.M. 10-2-2009 05:00 PM

Bumping this project.

Sulfer are you still there?

Everything got overshadowed by all the other non-genre-specific packs.

TC_llama499 10-2-2009 05:03 PM

release this **** already

N.T.M. 10-2-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_llama499 (Post 3246351)
release this **** already

If the project ends there are actually a sufficient number of files for release. That may happen.

SulferDragon 10-3-2009 03:03 AM

People really aren't submitting stuff. Like, the last file submitted was yours, NTM, and that was awhile ago.

This isn't dead. In fact, I was actually digging around for some files today. I honestly don't care if this isn't released for another year though.

Joe D 10-3-2009 09:23 AM

Great my Laptop got destroyed.Thus I lost each File I had to send to Sulfer.I still think of Stepping that Fairyland song but ive been lazy.If u like any files I havent submitted Sulfer.Fell free to put it on the pack

N.T.M. 10-3-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3246855)
People really aren't submitting stuff. Like, the last file submitted was yours, NTM, and that was awhile ago.

This isn't dead. In fact, I was actually digging around for some files today. I honestly don't care if this isn't released for another year though.

Well I can help with that. I know of a few good metal files from other authors that'd make great additions.

Submissions just stagnated a bit because the thread was untouched for a while. People are still interested.

Joe D 10-5-2009 07:56 PM

Man Im so lazy to Step sumthin.

BTW Never Compare Fairyland to Symphony X.Fairylands much cooler.And wheres Charlo.U cant call this a Metal pack without Charlo

Plan_Bsk81127 10-5-2009 07:58 PM

I would step something if I could find the correct BPM(s) and offset songs. lol.

N.T.M. 10-6-2009 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3249265)
I would step something if I could find the correct BPM(s) and offset songs. lol.

Unless you're stepping Dream Theater or something equivalently difficult, the BPM should be fairly easy to find. Lay down 4ths and play around with it, then go over it at .4x and check for any small tempo changes. Check offsets at .3x with and without the assist tick (both with autoplay).

SulferDragon 10-10-2009 06:55 PM

If I can get 50 files for this I'll probably try to release it. It'll take forever to get 70 or more like the first one.

Also, seriously, if people are interested in stepping stuff, and they can't find songs, I have like 400 albums worth of metal music. Plenty of which I would love to see files for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3249263)
BTW Never Compare Fairyland to Symphony X.Fairylands much cooler.

That's just your opinion, and you're completely wrong. :smile:

Bluearrowll 10-10-2009 07:44 PM

SulferDragon if you request me to step something i'll do it and send what I have over here.

Ghakimx 10-10-2009 09:47 PM

Hey Sulf, do you have any Japanese Metal stuff?

SulferDragon 10-10-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluearrowll (Post 3253758)
SulferDragon if you request me to step something i'll do it and send what I have over here.

sounds good

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghakimx (Post 3253849)

Depends what you want. The majority of Japanese metal I have is VG metal and touhou stuff. S.S.H., CROW'S CLAW, Hellion Sounds, Serenade, etc.

It might take me a few days to send anything. I have two essays to write over the next few days.

Charlo 10-13-2009 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghakimx (Post 3253849)

There are a lot of good Japanese power metal bands:

Balflare (which I submitted to this pack but got rejected)
Knights of Round
Sound Scream
Dragon Guardian (this band is REALLY anime-influenced if you're into that stuff)
Skywings
Galneryus
Ark Storm
Concerto Moon
Gaia Prelude

I don't have music from all these bands, but you can probably look around on the internet and find their stuff.

Ghakimx 10-13-2009 08:56 AM

Hit me up with something that wants to be stepped.

Edit: Charlo, hit me up with some Dragon Guardian. I'm pretty interested in how they sound.