Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Astronomic Metal Collection 2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=108194)

Joe D 05-17-2009 01:35 PM

Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3076340)
I demand you to make Don't Say a Word into a playable file, kthnx.

I found the mp3.Awesome song.A bit repetetive IMO.Ill step it for Sonata Arctica Pack.IM only like 4 stepcharts left to release it.

Charts left

~Dont say a Word
~Paid in Full
~San Sebastian (Revisited)
~White Pearl Black Oceans (Maybe)
~Any Unia song (Theres only like 2 in this pack)

Would anyone care to help.Let me know on MY PROFILE.Im not going to talk about this pack in a thread of another pack

Quigly 05-17-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShAiOnEi (Post 3076400)
By the looks of it this should be called astronomic **** collection.

I'll submit some Fall Out Boy just for you.

SulferDragon 05-17-2009 04:47 PM

Figure out how to fix Blazing Hate yourself. I deleted the file when I rejected it, and even if I did still have it, it's not my job to tell you how to fix it. Now, maybe if I saw some real potential in the file I would, but I don't.

Don't give me any Kang files, or Skor, or Dukamok. I already possess or have played all of their files. I want stuff that isn't 2+ years old.

Now then, if you keep being so obnoxious, I'm going to block you. As much as I (sort of) appreciate your earnest attitude, I'd prefer if you would quite down. That includes my profile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShAiOnEi (Post 3076400)
By the looks of it this should be called astronomic **** collection.

Oops, sorry the music doesn't satisfy your tastes, O ye great god of musical genius.

EDIT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quigly (Post 3077040)
I'll submit some Fall Out Boy just for you.

DO IT

Quigly 05-17-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3077042)
DO IT

After I finish my All That Remains file.

Joe D 05-17-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3077042)
Figure out how to fix Blazing Hate yourself. I deleted the file when I rejected it, and even if I did still have it, it's not my job to tell you how to fix it. Now, maybe if I saw some real potential in the file I would, but I don't.

Don't give me any Kang files, or Skor, or Dukamok. I already possess or have played all of their files. I want stuff that isn't 2+ years old.

Now then, if you keep being so obnoxious, I'm going to block you. As much as I (sort of) appreciate your earnest attitude, I'd prefer if you would quite down. That includes my profile.

OOOOpsy.Im sorry.I sent those files already my bad.I sent u a fixed Blazing Hate already but I dont know if its correct.Along with another of my files too c if it gets accepted.
-
Soory for being picky though:roll:.I only get into stepmania on weekends and I expect to fix anything wrong with files and junk on that same weekend.
-
All I can c in "good" these days is your files and NTMs files.I sent those files as suggestions for the pack.I didnt know u had them

Charlo 05-19-2009 04:29 PM

Just posting in this topic to say I will eventually submit some files when I stop being so lazy. I've got some in the works that will be pretty good (plus, they're not power metal!).

ShAiOnEi 05-19-2009 04:46 PM

Alright well I'm going to step my own music and make my own pack and it's going to be called The best pack I have ever made.

Joe D 05-21-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

I'm not getting enough links to files by other people.

Chek out a message I sent u a long time ago.it has like 10 links.Ill resend it to u but ill put different categories of metal.It was mostly power Metal.Ill TRY to find some nice stepcharts from some different metal that is not Chldren of Bodom:)

who_cares973 05-21-2009 10:07 AM

he want different steppers to submit. he doesnt want want prereleased files

still working on some songs. syncing is just being a bitch

SulferDragon 05-21-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlo (Post 3079030)
Just posting in this topic to say I will eventually submit some files when I stop being so lazy. I've got some in the works that will be pretty good (plus, they're not power metal!).

Whoa, I didn't even know you existed on FFR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3080732)
Chek out a message I sent u a long time ago.it has like 10 links.Ill resend it to u but ill put different categories of metal.It was mostly power Metal.Ill TRY to find some nice stepcharts from some different metal that is not Chldren of Bodom:)

I did check that message. All but one of the files I either already had or were simply not good enough.

Also, there is nothing wrong with prereleased files if they're good.

Joe D 05-21-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3080939)
Whoa, I didn't even know you exited in FFR

Thank someone ;-).I told him to come back here and upload all his sims here.

Edit:When u say I -I already have them- u mean they are denied???

skyfox_ 05-21-2009 04:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxfDy28zHM0

is this awesome y/n?

N.T.M. 05-22-2009 12:11 AM

My internet is finally back!! Setting everything up was a bitch.

My sister has to get on now to do some homework, but I should be able to review some files later tonight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld (Post 3076163)
N.T.M. Just gave me a call, and he can't judge any songs for a couple of days, because his internet box died. And he wanted me to come here and post telling the other judges about this.

Thanks, bro!!

Quote:

In the Presence of Enemies Part II - Nope - Despite the fact that I wouldn't mind having a few GLoVE files in this pack, I'm not putting this in. ODI2 is anything but an obscure pack. Besides, this is actually my least favorite of his Dream Theater files.

Ah, yes. Fair enough. Any suggestions as far as DT files of his you'd like to include? I love his DT files.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Bob (Post 3074403)
i don't remember if i posted in this thread (lmao wow) but if you need some more people to make gfx, i can help

Bob here always makes amazing stuff!! I'd definitely include him as an artist for this project.

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3076078)

born of osiris is hard to sync -.- but expect abstract art eventually

That reminds me: I spent about.... oh 10 hours stepping a file less than 2 minutes long for Xoon Mini 3. Just submitted it. It took WAYYYYY too long.

Oh and I've got a couple unreleased metal files for this on the way. Just gotta touch up a few things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by syzergy (Post 3076051)
Learn to read?

No disrespect was intended, however, your post here isn't gonna make the previous one seem any less silly =P.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3076108)
Holy hell.All there are here are bamds people have bearly heard of OMG.Can anyone tell me the current list for the pack(If the list isnt a surprise).And yes that means u Sulfer

So it looks like you needed help correcting some files? Would you like me to go into some errors that Sulfer was most likely referring to? Which songs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3057436)
Accepted Files:
PENDING

Sulfer you should update the list imo.

Joe D 05-24-2009 05:40 PM

Hey Sulfer I sent u more files.Did u chek my file already.I started workin on the S.S.H. file.Its not turning out too good but ill see how I can make this work

who_cares973 05-24-2009 07:09 PM

just finished abstract art last night

7~ hours

N.T.M. 05-24-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3084154)
just finished abstract art last night

7~ hours

How long do you usually take to make files? I know a lotta it depends on what kinda song it is.

who_cares973 05-24-2009 11:21 PM

really depends on the song. i stepped doomsday in 3 hours including syncing

TC_llama499 05-25-2009 03:32 AM

damn this is taking me longer then i thought to finish my file haha

N.T.M. 05-26-2009 12:39 AM

Sulfer you gotta update the OP with all the accepted files. There are quite a few now. If you feel comfortable with it you can even PM me your PW and I’ll do it myself. I’d obviously understand though if you wouldn’t want to.

Sorry for not reviewing all of the new submissions. I had a graphics request that I couldn’t postpone anymore. Didn’t want to be rude.

(Joe D) Once in a Lifetime: Initially I thought this might be alright with the exception of a few blatant errors. However after measure 124 the file’s quality declined rapidly. Seemed like everything from then on was painfully out of sync. And the main solo (the heart and only real reason for playing a DF file) was riddled with PR and sync errors. Some superfluous notes, and others missed. Even the most rudimentary PR patterns were neglected. Sorry, homie.

Oh, and how’d you miss those 24ths preceding those holds in the intro? Yet you used 16th 200 BPM minijacks?

(who_cares973) Doomsday: Yes!! Fun file. Didn’t bother checking the sync. It felt fine and I know your files.

(Joe D) Blazing Hate: Damn son, this file needs PR. Also, the offset is incorrect. Might get accepted if those things are fixed. Possibly others required too.

(Dog_E) No One Wins: Terrible song choice. Some stuff’s outta sync too. Also lacked difficulty consistency.

(OMEGAspike) Antimatter: What’s with all the poor song selections? This is an easy arbitrary jump file with some missed notes. Didn’t bother to look any further into the solo.

(Dog_E) Father Time: I’ll have to look into this in more detail later. From simply playing it I can tell that it lacks PR, is a very mediocre song choice (at best), and there are some missed notes.

Also, a lot of the songs could be improved infinitely regarding their stepping potential if they were only cut!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3084423)
really depends on the song. i stepped doomsday in 3 hours including syncing

I'm impressed.

who_cares973 05-26-2009 12:42 AM

i need an index friendly difficulty for abstract art lol

Joe D 05-26-2009 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3085917)
(Joe D) Once in a Lifetime: Initially I thought this might be alright with the exception of a few blatant errors. However after measure 124 the file’s quality declined rapidly. Seemed like everything from then on was painfully out of sync. And the main solo (the heart and only real reason for playing a DF file) was riddled with PR and sync errors. Some superfluous notes, and others missed. Even the most rudimentary PR patterns were neglected. Sorry, homie.

Oh, and how’d you miss those 24ths preceding those holds in the intro? Yet you used 16th 200 BPM minijacks?

(Joe D) Blazing Hate: Damn son, this file needs PR. Also, the offset is incorrect. Might get accepted if those things are fixed. Possibly others required too.

Ill try to look into those files later.But I thought Sulfer said PR wasnt very important in this.Im not very good at PR because when I use PR it just makes the streams more boring.Ill try to see what u meant on OIAL.Id rather let Sulfer decide on Blazing Hate.Scince he doesnt really discriminate on PR.Besides.When Its a spread chart for a more strict pack then Id layer and use pitch relevancy.Im gonna link u to a nice spread chart.I didnt focus on PR but layering was good

N.T.M. 05-26-2009 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3086093)
Ill try to look into those files later.But I thought Sulfer said PR wasnt very important in this.Im not very good at PR because when I use PR it just makes the streams more boring.Ill try to see what u meant on OIAL.Id rather let Sulfer decide on Blazing Hate.Scince he doesnt really discriminate on PR.Besides.When Its a spread chart for a more strict pack then Id layer and use pitch relevancy.Im gonna link u to a nice spread chart.I didnt focus on PR but layering was good

Degree of PR application is contingent on the song selection. When accurate however fun it is will ultimately be decided by the song. Guitar genres require much more PR than say a drum file for example. In the case of Once in a Lifetime though that’s really irrelevant, cuz completely excluding PR errors there are too many sync errors. Other parts (M124, etc.) also felt very awkward. Realize that selective layering is necessary to emphasize certain sounds. Or at least layering with jumps so a player can differentiate.

Virus881 05-26-2009 10:12 AM

Add these sims please:
  • In The Presence of Enemies
  • Fatal Tragedy
  • Endless Sacrifice
  • A Change of Seasons

These are my best files. I have in mind to step Meshuggah's I or Metallica's Whiplash.

Joe D 05-26-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3086120)
Degree of PR application is contingent on the song selection. When accurate however fun it is will ultimately be decided by the song. Guitar genres require much more PR than say a drum file for example. In the case of Once in a Lifetime though that’s really irrelevant, cuz completely excluding PR errors there are too many sync errors. Other parts (M124, etc.) also felt very awkward. Realize that selective layering is necessary to emphasize certain sounds. Or at least layering with jumps so a player can differentiate.

Ill look into it right now and actually try to b PRelevant

Mr. Bob 05-26-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virus881 (Post 3086152)
Add these sims please:
  • Fatal Tragedy
  • Endless Sacrifice
  • A Change of Seasons

These are my best files. I have in mind to step Meshuggah's I or Metallica's Whiplash.

why would anyone want a different file for the first 3

SulferDragon 05-26-2009 02:16 PM

Uh oh, someone is being far too picky about pitch relevancy. I said not to worry about it. Fun patterns is all that is necessary. Okay, unless the file is obviously trying to be PR and fails miserably. Then I guess you should complain about that. Otherwise, not.

btw, don't bother playing the other Dog_E files Joe sent. They aren't worth the time.

Also, I'm still waiting for Doomsday to be resent with that one missed hold note fixed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Bob (Post 3086295)

Probably not, and even though I'm not a fan of GLoVE's In the Presence of Enemies and IamMe's(is that right?) Fatal Tragedy, I doubt they could be stepped better. I'll take a look at that last one though.

who_cares973 05-26-2009 02:18 PM

i'll send it right now

Joe D 05-26-2009 02:29 PM

:smile:
Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3086325)
Uh oh, someone is being far too picky about pitch relevancy. I said not to worry about it. Fun patterns is all that is necessary. Okay, unless the file is obviously trying to be PR and fails miserably. Then I guess you should complain about that. Otherwise, not.

btw, don't bother playing the other Dog_E files Joe sent. They aren't worth the time.

I used to try PR but it just ruined my files.I will try to be PR again an my next sim.So uhhhh OIALT.Accepted or Rejected???
-
As for those Dog_E files.I submitted them cuz I considered it to have fun patterns.But whatever.Its my files I should worry about
-
A nice GloVe file is his Under a Glass Moon solo.Its very fun.I uploaded a vid on Youtube of it.If u wanna see how it is.
-
Sulfer Im gonna think of that S.S.H. file,not really turning out too fun.Its too bland

Quigly 05-26-2009 02:30 PM

Finally finished and submitted my file lmao. I'll send some more stuff if I have the time.

Oh and I can help with the graphics if you want. The graphics on my sim were done by me. I can show you some more examples if necessary.

Virus881 05-26-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Bob (Post 3086295)

If you want to play Glove's simfiles, go on, and don't download mine, but you can't talk by every people in the world. It's unfair.

Also I'm focused more in play the entire song and easier charts than the others, including less jumps and very few hands or quadruplets. I can pass those sims with A, but there are other players that can frustrate when they doesn't manage to hit any arrow.

N.T.M. 05-26-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Sorry homez. It's just that.... well it's DF ^_^. It should have at least a fair degree of PR IMO. Ultimately your decision will rule though. However even worse than the PR was the sync. It seemed roughly 1 quarter of a second off at parts. Felt like it (also seemed about that when I slowed it down).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virus881 (Post 3086152)
Add these sims please:
  • Fatal Tragedy
  • Endless Sacrifice
  • A Change of Seasons

Stepping anything that GLoVE has already isn't a good idea because they'll be overshadowed and I know they take a while to make. Invest that time elsewhere imo.

Quote:

Probably not, and even though I'm not a fan of GLoVE's In the Presence of Enemies and IamMe's(is that right?) Fatal Tragedy, I doubt they could be stepped better. I'll take a look at that last one though.

GLoVE's Endless Sacrifice.... would you like to include that? I ephin' love that file!!

Patashu 05-26-2009 10:18 PM

actually GLoVE does have weird quirks in the way he steps things. he's not perfect, in certain aspects he excels for sure

I do agree with the principle, however, that stepping songs that have not yet been touched is more productive than restepping something that's already done well, if not perfectly

Virus881 05-26-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patashu (Post 3087006)
actually GLoVE does have weird quirks in the way he steps things. he's not perfect, in certain aspects he excels for sure

I do agree with the principle, however, that stepping songs that have not yet been touched is more productive than restepping something that's already done well, if not perfectly

Certainly, I respect Glove, but I'm focused in other kind of player. In fact, I stepped In The Presence of Enemies because the whole song is kickass, and I stepped the whole song. The Reckoning is actually the same as Glove's. I detached from the BIG song because some crazy player would want to play the same thing. That's like there are several versions of Overture 1928 out there, and all of them are nice to be played.

The thing that makes me mad is that appears someone saying that other versions of the songs he stepped are not worthly to be played.

PD: I have some problems with Stepmania in Linux, can someone help me??

icontrolyourworld 05-27-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Accepted Files:
PENDING

It's been a month and 1 day now, you going to edit that bro?

SulferDragon 05-27-2009 06:02 PM

How can I update that when none of the other judges do anything? I actually have 20+ files in the folder. Those are the ones I've accepted and all the other files I already had when I started the pack.

Considering none of the other judges do anything and have probably just forgot completely, I will relieve them. For now, only I and N.T.M. are judges, and that is fine with me. Actually, I think I prefer it.

I'll update it if N.T.M. can give me all of his reviews in one place. That way I can figure out what we both accepted, or what one of us accepted and the other only had minor complaints about. If the problems are only minor I'll probably just accept the file anyway or even fix it myself if that's all right with the person.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3086346)
:smile:
I used to try PR but it just ruined my files.I will try to be PR again an my next sim.So uhhhh OIALT.Accepted or Rejected???
-
As for those Dog_E files.I submitted them cuz I considered it to have fun patterns.But whatever.Its my files I should worry about
-
A nice GloVe file is his Under a Glass Moon solo.Its very fun.I uploaded a vid on Youtube of it.If u wanna see how it is.
-
Sulfer Im gonna think of that S.S.H. file,not really turning out too fun.Its too bland

I could accept it if I wanted to. It's not like I have to listen to the other judges, but if I didn't, there wouldn't be any point in having them. Why don't you try to fix the things that N.T.M. pointed out? You don't have to do anything with the PR though, the patterns are fun. Also, maybe you should make a slightly easier chart without all the jacks and trills.

I liked one or two of those Dog_E files, but they are filled with so MANY errors and inconsistencies that I wouldn't care if the fun-factor was through the roof.

Like I haven't played GLoVE's Under a Glass Moon. When I was still playing, it was probably one of my top 10 most played files. It's also from the SMG2pack which I'm pretty sure everybody who is anybody already has.

I gave you four songs. Step another.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quigly (Post 3086347)
Finally finished and submitted my file lmao. I'll send some more stuff if I have the time.

Oh and I can help with the graphics if you want. The graphics on my sim were done by me. I can show you some more examples if necessary.

Looks like you just slapped some text on a wallpaper from blirk.net to me. It looks decent though.

Will play the file later. Hope it's fun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3086852)
GLoVE's Endless Sacrifice.... would you like to include that? I ephin' love that file!!

Well, it is from ODI2, but... this is meant to be a "collection" of metal. When I think about it, should it matter where the files come from? The idea is to have as many files from different musicians/artists and simfile authors as possible. I guess it couldn't hurt to include it and probably a few more of his best files, even In the Presence of Enemies if you want me to.

If you actually read all of this post, you deserve a cookie.

who_cares973 05-27-2009 06:10 PM

i deserve a cookie 8)

Quigly 05-27-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3087657)
Looks like you just slapped some text on a wallpaper from blirk.net to me. It looks decent though.

Will play the file later. Hope it's fun!

Yeah I wouldn't be able to make that from scratch EVER haha. But the original wallpaper looked much more bland so I vamped it up a bit.

But if it isn't 'up to par' then no worries. =)

N.T.M. 05-27-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3087663)
i deserve a cookie 8)

Me too!!

Oh and Sulfer I'll go over and collect all my reviews.

I'll also check back with Kommi. Maybe he forgot. He's a really solid judge though.

sp1nzoK 05-27-2009 11:57 PM

Working on The Faceless - Prison Born

I got all guitars down, which makes for a standard difficulty file, oni has same guitars naturally but jacks instead of trills, i will add drums to Oni too, anyhow should I go for a heavy that incorporates the standard guitar (trills) with jumpstream, it's not really easy anyway 260bpm 12ths / 16ths or too many charts pretty useless? Also is jumptrillin indexable at all at those speeds? Oh well I'll delwe deeper when I'm back today.

EDIT: hookay I'm done with it, kinda (gonna ask around for playtesting before I send for judging)

*3 charts
-standard: no hands just guitar to PR pretty much, guitars are trills when PR is jacks
-heavy: drums added, solo will be left as breather place for harder charts too, guitars are trills when PR is jacks
-challenge: more drums added, very very hard chart, guitars are jacks when PR is jacks

so the charts actually reflect the words hehe

EDIT2: I tuned up the heavy to be "the playable chart" and took standard and challenge out (moved heavy to challenge), only missing graphics might make them now and submit.

Joe D 05-28-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3087657)
I could accept it if I wanted to. It's not like I have to listen to the other judges, but if I didn't, there wouldn't be any point in having them. Why don't you try to fix the things that N.T.M. pointed out? You don't have to do anything with the PR though, the patterns are fun. Also, maybe you should make a slightly easier chart without all the jacks and trills.

I liked one or two of those Dog_E files, but they are filled with so MANY errors and inconsistencies that I wouldn't care if the fun-factor was through the roof.

Like I haven't played GLoVE's Under a Glass Moon. When I was still playing, it was probably one of my top 10 most played files. It's also from the SMG2pack which I'm pretty sure everybody who is anybody already has.

I gave you four songs. Step another.

Yeah I told NTM to review it.In Fact.NTM if u read this id like to know which parts u said were unrelevnt.dont know if ill fix em but scince im going to start working on PR id like to know.Oh and I think the jacks make it cool.Dont know if ill eliminate them.But if I have to I will

Im guessing the Nightwish song was preety cool but the keyboard solo..........ummm........was sukishly stepped.

I dont have SMG2 pack.Ive recently downloaded alot of packs.Ill DL this weekend.

Ill see of SSH.Battle and OTAZU sounded cool.Im not sure if it would make a nice chart.Ill try this weekend

Hey should I send u Eve of Seduction or is it ok scince u already have it?

N.T.M. 05-28-2009 04:14 PM

Finally done with a file that's been a WIP since... forever. Gonna submit it now.

And Joe D I'll show you some parts I was referring to today.

*edit* read me file included

sp1nzoK 05-28-2009 05:12 PM

Sent: The Faceless - Prison Born

N.T.M. 05-28-2009 09:43 PM

Well I played through the recent submissions. I'll write reviews later. Oh and Joe D, my SM crashed mid-way through your Sacred Land file. Seemed solid though from what I played. I'll try it again later and then look at it in detail.

I'll also collect my previous reviews.

N.T.M. 05-29-2009 03:52 AM

(SulferDragon) Swamp-Stamp-Polka: Nice layering here (as usual).

(SulferDragon) Hollow: Song is pretty monotonous at parts, but the solo makes up for that.

(SulferDragon) What Lies Beyond: Ooo, I love this!! Really solid overall. The guitar is really fun.

(Joe D) Sacred Land: Best file of yours I’ve played. Still though a few errors that need attention: BPM and offset are both off considerably. The offset is CLOSE to -0.285 (if you’d like I can get the exact offset for you) and play the last quarter of the song at .3x to find the BPM. Excluding the PR errors, measure 65 is minijacks, and m71 has one too many minifreezes. It autta look something like this:

Just fix that and I’d accept it.

*edit* If you really can't find it I'll just find it myself and give it to Sulfer so he can fix it.

I’ll go over OiaL again and some other stuff later.

who_cares973 05-29-2009 03:59 AM

downloading some metal as we speak. gunna have atleast to files in this

N.T.M. 05-29-2009 04:06 AM

Almost just rejected this, but I think it may be salvageable:

(sp1nzoK) Prison Born: Nice graphics, however the file needs work. The offset is WAY off. Find the offset at either .3 or .2x song speed rate. Measure 12 is 16ths (not 12ths). I’m assuming there are other places like that. Also, the song isn’t 10 feet. Maybe more like 15.

Fix that stuff.

sp1nzoK 05-29-2009 07:18 AM

Well I'm working on it, now 0.2x assist tick in DDReam studio hits pretty much so that I can't hear the bass drum from under it, the 12th to 16th part seems obvious now, also some snarehits seems to be 12th instead of 8ths (or that's what I'm checking now), took off the hands I had accidentally left in and other tuning, don't worry bro 8-)

EDIT: Turns out I've missed 16th from between bunch of 8ths, it's like ghost snare.

EDIT2: Turns out they're 24th ghost notes, kinda of unique and friggin hard aspect to file, ghost snare stream.

moches 05-29-2009 07:45 AM

Wow, metal is hard to step. I'm telling you this is stretching my skills quite a bit.

sp1nzoK 05-29-2009 10:00 AM

Sent fixed Prison born, if the gap is off horribly for some reason this time I'm more than happy to let you adjust it if it's not too much hassle, the file is harder than last time but more diverse, lots of minor fixing has been done.

N.T.M. 05-29-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sp1nzoK (Post 3089450)
Sent fixed Prison born, if the gap is off horribly for some reason this time I'm more than happy to let you adjust it if it's not too much hassle, the file is harder than last time but more diverse, lots of minor fixing has been done.

Nice! I'll check it out later. And when you said 24th notes, do you mean like semiaudible middle notes? Also if you're gonna have 24th streams at 260 BPM you autta make an additional chart if difficulty consistency becomes an issue (determined by the length of the stream).

who_cares973 05-29-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moches (Post 3089382)
Wow, metal is hard to step. I'm telling you this is stretching my skills quite a bit.

always good to step outside your comfort zone

Quigly 05-29-2009 03:26 PM

Someone needs to step some Alestorm.

Can't have a metal pack without pirate metal.

sp1nzoK 05-29-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3089638)
Nice! I'll check it out later. And when you said 24th notes, do you mean like semiaudible middle notes? Also if you're gonna have 24th streams at 260 BPM you autta make an additional chart if difficulty consistency becomes an issue (determined by the length of the stream).

Well I'm seeing how BluearrowII does on it seeing he's pretty pro in SM, it's hard file and meant to be hard but not like it's full file with those parts and also it's not straight 24ht stream or jumpstream I'll try to describe it below:

X = 4th note
e = 8th note
(empty) = empty space
o = 24th note

rows with 24th note increments (the parts with these are 1-2measures long)

x---
--o-
----
-e-e
o---
----
-x--
--o-
----
ee--
---o

(and so on)

The 24ths are audible snarehits. Possibly I could just take the jumps out and keep it as PR guitar instead of adding bassdrums as jumps, or taking off the 24ths, or make watered down chart but it's meant to be a hard file and people usually go for the hardest difficulty for whatever reason so yeah 8-)

My own speculation is that the file might be fun for pro players and might be unfun for less pro players, still as scoring file or practice file for fast-ish jumpstream/trills/other stuff prolly for both

who_cares973 05-29-2009 04:06 PM

make two versions. a watered down in heavy and full in oni

Charlo 05-29-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quigly (Post 3089668)
Someone needs to step some Alestorm.

Can't have a metal pack without pirate metal.

Pirate metal is not a genre. Just sayin'. :D

Anyway Alestorm is a pretty good band, I might step one of their songs at some point. Probably not for this pack, though. Although they just released a new album so maybe some of those songs are irresistibly steppable, I don't know. :P

sp1nzoK 05-29-2009 04:37 PM

Gonna remove jumps from the 24th parts and alter placement / change placement of 3 arrows in 24th stream part, I'm pretty sure it will remedy the gripes I have myself with the file. No need to play the current [Fix] version N.T.M. I'm gonna send a Fix2 soon. :)

EDIT: Sent Fix 2... and Fix 3 since I was retarded and one arrow had vanished with Fix 2, sorry for hassle. It reads in email too but as I said if gap is off feel free to correct it :) also IF the 24ths aren't actually 24ths (I'm not 100% sure since I'm going nuts with dealing with my file haha) you can change them to correct arrows but keep the directions intact: (spots that I mean as follows) m13-14, m20-21, m55, m57-58, m60-63, m84-85 and m91-92.

Joe D 05-29-2009 05:46 PM

Ill submit my 2 fixed files later tonight.All that is missing is Eve of Seduction and Once in a Lifetime.Ill think of stepping sumthing else for this pack.I dont know yet

moches 05-29-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3089664)
always good to step outside your comfort zone

Yes definitely

But just one question: how the hell do you sync metal songs?

sp1nzoK 05-29-2009 06:37 PM

I could be part of graphical team by the way if you guys would like that.

Joe D 05-31-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moches (Post 3089829)

Like any other song :P

who_cares973 05-31-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moches (Post 3089829)
Yes definitely

DDReam studios

submitting abstract art with an index friendly chart made specially for this pack

oops forgot the album name and year in subtitle

N.T.M. 06-1-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sp1nzoK (Post 3089856)

As I recall you said you made the graphics for the file you submitted? I liked those. I'll see what Sulfer says.

Well I gotta leave for work, guys!! I'm also tired as ****. I think I might go right to bed once I get home.

Virus881 06-2-2009 10:41 AM

Ok, I'm stepping I of Meshuggah, a stamina challenger. I've stepped 6 minutes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by moches

With a lot of patience, BPM changes, syncing at low speeds and some odd arrows somewhere.
I do not use DDReam studio at all, but I use SM 4.0 to step songs because I can put BPMs with numbers

N.T.M. 06-2-2009 04:13 PM

Submitting two more files and then I’m gonna consolidate my reviews and Sulfer will update the OP with the accepted files. Decent-sized list at this point.

What's it at? Around 20 accepted? Something like that.

*edit* sent

N.T.M. 06-2-2009 04:48 PM

Reviews consolidated (those with new versions won't be included):

(SulferDragon) Swamp-Stamp-Polka: Nice layering here (as usual).

(SulferDragon) Hollow: Song is pretty monotonous at parts, but the solo makes up for that.

(SulferDragon) What Lies Beyond: Ooo, I love this!! Really solid overall. The guitar is really fun.

(Joe D) Sacred Land: Best file of yours I’ve played. Still though a few errors that need attention: BPM and offset are both off considerably. The offset is CLOSE to -0.285 (if you’d like I can get the exact offset for you) and play the last quarter of the song at .3x to find the BPM. Excluding the PR errors, measure 65 is minijacks, and m71 has one too many minifreezes. It autta look something like this:

Just fix that and I’d accept it.

(who_cares973) Doomsday: Yes!! Fun file. Didn’t bother checking the sync. It felt fine and I know your files.

(Dog_E) No One Wins: Terrible song choice. Some stuff’s outta sync too. Also lacked difficulty consistency.

(OMEGAspike) Antimatter: What’s with all the poor song selections? This is an easy arbitrary jump file with some missed notes. Didn’t bother to look any further into the solo.

(Dog_E) Father Time: I’ll have to look into this in more detail later. From simply playing it I can tell that it lacks PR, is a very mediocre song choice (at best), and there are some missed notes.

(foilman) We Are Not Anonymous: Much better jump trill placement in the intro although the file still lacks strong PR. Also regarding that 16th guitar stream in the intro: I see the consistency there, but the trill initiating the pattern feels awkward. Maybe something like 4321 would be more suitable. Just tell Sulfer what you‘d like it to be if you wanna change it and he can rectify it himself since it‘s so minor. M40 also feels awkward. IMO you shoulda stepped more prominent sounds there, but it‘s not too bad. Nothing at all significant enough to reject the file I think.

(Bluearrowll) Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle: I’ll go into this in detail later as a courtesy, but all I can say for now is that there were several significant issues. I’ll check again later. Maybe it’s salvageable.

(Coolboyrulez) Master Exploder: Fun file imo, but there are a few things that need attention. Places like that above measure 7 are off. There are some jumps that really could be more pr, but that’s fairly negligible I’m told (especially considering its context). Now regarding those 24ths preceding measure 2. They don’t sound like 24ths or look like 24ths. Why’d you place 24ths there?

(moches) Roar: Really solid Xoon Minipack file.

Eradication: Song choice is very poor here so it’d really take an incredible file (and a good cut) to get accepted. The pause above measure 25 seemed outta place and caused you to miss a following note. And those 24th drum hits above measure 41 should be 32nds. Some pitch errors too. Didn’t have to look further.

So again, some reviews omitted for obvious reasons and I still need to review other files.

*edit* Joe I should be able to go over those things in your OIAL file later tonight. Just been really busy lately.

Joe D 06-3-2009 03:55 PM

I thought of Steppin some Symphony X for this.Could anyone tell me of a nice Symphony X song (That hasnt been stepped)that would make a nice chart?
-
If I keep submitting power Metal,will they be denied due to their genre?I also thought of Submitting my Supernova sim but im gonna fix a few things first.I know Sulfer liked it already :)

Virus881 06-3-2009 05:57 PM

Stepmania needs some Grindcore and Death Metal

I'll consider to step some Napalm Death

who_cares973 06-3-2009 06:07 PM

grindcore lol no

death metal yes

Joe D 06-3-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virus881 (Post 3095333)

Waking the Cadaver,Bring me the Horizon,Impending Doom,Suicide Silence lol.I hate steppin that stuff.But it must feel kinda funny to step some of that

Bluearrowll 06-3-2009 06:26 PM

I dare someone to step "You Suffer" by Napalm Death and get it accepted :Twisted:

Virus881 06-3-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluearrowll (Post 3095372)
I dare someone to step "You Suffer" by Napalm Death and get it accepted :Twisted:

5 seconds??

SulferDragon 06-3-2009 08:31 PM

Sorry, I was on vacation for a few days. I'll try to catch up on everything later.

From the looks of it, I'd say there are ten files that have been accepted for sure. Though there are still files that I have accepted that N.T.M. hasn't even played. Those ten don't include the files I already had in the pack when I started it either. I'll also try to post a list of the files that need only minor changes in the second post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sp1nzoK (Post 3089856)

We would definitely like that. :)

sp1nzoK 06-3-2009 08:47 PM

Alright I'm in for le graphics then.

What Lies Beyond by Pyramaze? Love that song :)

Side-note: I'd have so many suggestions for songs to step (from various metal genres), so any good stepper and/or syncer can add me on messenger, PM or wall-message.

1mpuls3 06-3-2009 10:24 PM

Step some Rammstein

Charlo 06-4-2009 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virus881 (Post 3095333)

I'm going to submit some Cannibal Corpse at the very least. As for grindcore...I don't have much of that. I could do some goregrind though.

Joe D 06-4-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Accepted Files:
(who_cares973) Doomsday
(N.T.M.) Every Time I Die
(SulferDragon) Hollow
(GLoVE) In The Presence Of Enemies (Part II)
(Scylaax + N.T.M.) Malicious Fingers
(Coolboyrulez) Master Exploder
(moches) Roar
(SulferDragon) Swamp-Stamp-Polka
(foilman8805) We Are Not Anonymous
(SulferDragon) What Lies Beyond

Not to b a burden but...Where are my files?Im guessing these are the ones both NTM and Sulfer already accepted,right?

Well if im correct heres what I remember of my files:

-Blank File (accepted by Sulfer,I dont think N.T.M. cheked this)

-Worlds End (Accepted by Sulfer,I dont think N.T.M. cheked this)

-Sacred Land (Accepted by Sulfer,Accepted with Tweaks by N.T.M. [Resubmitted and fixed everything indicated but there hasnt been a review of it])

-Blazing Hate (Sulfer told me if I fixed something.he wouldve accepted it,N.T.M. said I had to fix the offset,I already fixed both indications but still no review)

-When Leyends Come to Life v2(I think Im gonna send this again.Lets see if N.T.M. can help me with this one as soon as he finishes helpin me on OIALT)

-Once in a Lifetime(Accepted by Sulfer.N.T.M.s gonna give me a review soon,let me just keep reminding him everyday lol)

-Eve of Seduction(No review yet,hasnt been much scince I send this anyways :))

I think this is all.Reason for Posting this is in any case some files were ignored,Or In case one of the judges hasent cheked one of the files.wELL UHHH here ya go

N.T.M. 06-4-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3096208)
Not to b a burden but...Where are my files?Im guessing these are the ones both NTM and Sulfer already accepted,right?

Well if im correct heres what I remember of my files:

-Blank File (accepted by Sulfer,I dont think N.T.M. cheked this)

-Worlds End (Accepted by Sulfer,I dont think N.T.M. cheked this)

-Sacred Land (Accepted by Sulfer,Accepted with Tweaks by N.T.M. [Resubmitted and fixed everything indicated but there hasnt been a review of it])

-Blazing Hate (Sulfer told me if I fixed something.he wouldve accepted it,N.T.M. said I had to fix the offset,I already fixed both indications but still no review)

-When Leyends Come to Life v2(I think Im gonna send this again.Lets see if N.T.M. can help me with this one as soon as he finishes helpin me on OIALT)

-Once in a Lifetime(Accepted by Sulfer.N.T.M.s gonna give me a review soon,let me just keep reminding him everyday lol)

-Eve of Seduction(No review yet,hasnt been much scince I send this anyways :))

I think this is all.Reason for Posting this is in any case some files were ignored,Or In case one of the judges hasent cheked one of the files.wELL UHHH here ya go

Don't worry, dude. I haven't forgotten. I'll go over all your files again to review the revised versions.

1 or two more files still coming for this by me.

Damn I gotta work 6 outta 7 days this week. I actually hate full-time. I don't need the money and my schedule is seriously ****ed up.

moches 06-7-2009 06:48 AM

omfg just found the coolest Rise Against song. will start stepping soon.

unfortunately, my other two files aren't working out so well.

Quigly 06-7-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moches (Post 3098902)
Rise Against

<3

Ps I have some songs in mind. Once finals end I'll definitely start stepping more ****.

Joe D 06-7-2009 11:27 AM

Rise Against!!!!!!Thats what metAL has come to :P