Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Astronomic Metal Collection 2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=108194)

Charlo 08-30-2009 09:17 PM

Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

Yes, I do lack pitch relevancy, although it's not a matter of not knowing how to do it. I don't especially care. I make simfiles the way I like them. Maybe I'll sound like a douchebag saying this, but it seems like people have gotten too obsessed with making perfectly stepped/layered/PR'ed files and forgotten that this game is supposed to be fun.

I've wanted to say that for a while. :P

That said, I'm willing to sacrifice my artistic integrity so my files can make it into this pack. Thanks for reviewing my files NTM and Sulfer. :)

N.T.M. 08-30-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3210598)
All that matters N.T.M. :P

I've been outranked 0_o.

*embraces the PWNAGE*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlo (Post 3211442)
Yes, I do lack pitch relevancy, although it's not a matter of not knowing how to do it. I don't especially care. I make simfiles the way I like them. Maybe I'll sound like a douchebag saying this, but it seems like people have gotten too obsessed with making perfectly stepped/layered/PR'ed files and forgotten that this game is supposed to be fun.

True, but stated too vaguely. If a song contains very repetitive elements then some arbitrary placement can be permitted, but if accuracy (emulating the music as perfectly as possible) results in a boring file, that's always a result of poor song choice, because the song's also boring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlo (Post 3211442)
That said, I'm willing to sacrifice my artistic integrity so my files can make it into this pack. Thanks for reviewing my files NTM and Sulfer. :)

Superimpose that kinda style if you like, but only when it's warranted (like I mentioned). And you're welcome ^_^.

Joe D 09-3-2009 06:22 PM

NTM is a little too strict :(.Remember NTM that PR aint important.Sulfer said it about a trillion times

N.T.M. 09-3-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3215911)
NTM is a little too strict :(.Remember NTM that PR aint important.Sulfer said it about a trillion times

It's absolutely essential for certain genres. Unfortunately their application is typically even more important with rock genres (solos, etc.). And he never said it wasn't important. He said it was negligible in some instances.

Joe D 09-4-2009 04:11 PM

I think im gunna submit sumthing else 4 this.The Fall of an Empire by Fairyland.Its preety sweet.I hope It can make a decent chart.Ill make it in the vein of my old filez (meaning Ill make it fun and index friendly) exept with PR

N.T.M. 10-2-2009 05:00 PM

Bumping this project.

Sulfer are you still there?

Everything got overshadowed by all the other non-genre-specific packs.

TC_llama499 10-2-2009 05:03 PM

release this **** already

N.T.M. 10-2-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_llama499 (Post 3246351)
release this **** already

If the project ends there are actually a sufficient number of files for release. That may happen.

SulferDragon 10-3-2009 03:03 AM

People really aren't submitting stuff. Like, the last file submitted was yours, NTM, and that was awhile ago.

This isn't dead. In fact, I was actually digging around for some files today. I honestly don't care if this isn't released for another year though.

Joe D 10-3-2009 09:23 AM

Great my Laptop got destroyed.Thus I lost each File I had to send to Sulfer.I still think of Stepping that Fairyland song but ive been lazy.If u like any files I havent submitted Sulfer.Fell free to put it on the pack

N.T.M. 10-3-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3246855)
People really aren't submitting stuff. Like, the last file submitted was yours, NTM, and that was awhile ago.

This isn't dead. In fact, I was actually digging around for some files today. I honestly don't care if this isn't released for another year though.

Well I can help with that. I know of a few good metal files from other authors that'd make great additions.

Submissions just stagnated a bit because the thread was untouched for a while. People are still interested.

Joe D 10-5-2009 07:56 PM

Man Im so lazy to Step sumthin.

BTW Never Compare Fairyland to Symphony X.Fairylands much cooler.And wheres Charlo.U cant call this a Metal pack without Charlo

Plan_Bsk81127 10-5-2009 07:58 PM

I would step something if I could find the correct BPM(s) and offset songs. lol.

N.T.M. 10-6-2009 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3249265)
I would step something if I could find the correct BPM(s) and offset songs. lol.

Unless you're stepping Dream Theater or something equivalently difficult, the BPM should be fairly easy to find. Lay down 4ths and play around with it, then go over it at .4x and check for any small tempo changes. Check offsets at .3x with and without the assist tick (both with autoplay).

SulferDragon 10-10-2009 06:55 PM

If I can get 50 files for this I'll probably try to release it. It'll take forever to get 70 or more like the first one.

Also, seriously, if people are interested in stepping stuff, and they can't find songs, I have like 400 albums worth of metal music. Plenty of which I would love to see files for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3249263)
BTW Never Compare Fairyland to Symphony X.Fairylands much cooler.

That's just your opinion, and you're completely wrong. :smile:

Bluearrowll 10-10-2009 07:44 PM

SulferDragon if you request me to step something i'll do it and send what I have over here.

Ghakimx 10-10-2009 09:47 PM

Hey Sulf, do you have any Japanese Metal stuff?

SulferDragon 10-10-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluearrowll (Post 3253758)
SulferDragon if you request me to step something i'll do it and send what I have over here.

sounds good

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghakimx (Post 3253849)

Depends what you want. The majority of Japanese metal I have is VG metal and touhou stuff. S.S.H., CROW'S CLAW, Hellion Sounds, Serenade, etc.

It might take me a few days to send anything. I have two essays to write over the next few days.

Charlo 10-13-2009 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghakimx (Post 3253849)

There are a lot of good Japanese power metal bands:

Balflare (which I submitted to this pack but got rejected)
Knights of Round
Sound Scream
Dragon Guardian (this band is REALLY anime-influenced if you're into that stuff)
Skywings
Galneryus
Ark Storm
Concerto Moon
Gaia Prelude

I don't have music from all these bands, but you can probably look around on the internet and find their stuff.

Ghakimx 10-13-2009 08:56 AM

Hit me up with something that wants to be stepped.

Edit: Charlo, hit me up with some Dragon Guardian. I'm pretty interested in how they sound.