Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Songs and Artist Permissions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=58177)

revolutionomega 01-18-2007 09:26 PM

Re: A List of ALL the Songs in the FFR Queue

nice songs :)
may i suggest love fighter?
that is a great file and song which you can add fun licks to
plus i believe rebirth wins for most files on this site that are actually good
congrats on mod status chris
and i find it more amazing the quality of stepfiles in general cuz i'm too lazy to actually try and step things xD

Iwhaiwnfi 01-18-2007 09:27 PM

So this makes.. 6 files rejected for FFR, two of which rejected for no explainable reason.

Encouraging. Mostly the two without reasoning behind them.

Tasselfoot 01-18-2007 09:32 PM

which 2?

and BLAZZE... i played your file earlier today. so did Shash. i honestly don't remember what was wrong with it. but it was full of AIDS. we both flat out rejected it (we have a whole system of partial rejection, partial accepting, etc etc).

EDIT: the SGX song from Mario Paint... for me, it was just bland. like, there wasn't really anything wrong with it. there just wasn't anything in it to make it a good and fun file. not sure which other one you're referring to. It was also EXTREMELY repetitive (the song), IIRC.

Exag0n 01-18-2007 09:34 PM

Hey Tass / Shash, would it be possible for me to run a possible file by you guys? I know how busy both of you are, but I think this game is in some desparate need of some more Cranky.

If not you guys, would anyone be willing to give me suggestions / fixes? PM me please.

Shashakiro 01-18-2007 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwhaiwnfi (Post 1100692)
two of which rejected for no explainable reason.

We've never rejected a file without reason. Maybe we didn't tell you the reason, but there was a reason.

Tasselfoot 01-18-2007 09:36 PM

Exag0n, you can always send us stuff to look over... just send the file to both of our usernames@gmail.com

And as Shash said... we always have a reason for rejecting a file. We just might not always explain it to the author of the stepfile.

Iwhaiwnfi 01-18-2007 09:36 PM

Intense Color - SGX
Disconnected HaZaRD - DM Ashura

I'm pretty sure the very fast stream section in HaZaRD is why you didn't accept the file, but this is the PM I got from you regarding it:

"i played it.... i think there was something wrong with it. don't recall offhand."

And Intense Color, I sent to you recently. Didn't get any e-mail back and now it's not in the queue, so I'm assuming you had no intention of explaining what was wrong with it other than "needs a decent or major overhaul".

Edit: I'm aware there's always a reason, I kind of worded that wrong. "No explained reason" would have been better. Not that I expect you guys to critique every single song that gets sent your way.

Exag0n 01-18-2007 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot (Post 1100713)
Exag0n, you can always send us stuff to look over... just send the file to both of our usernames@gmail.com

And as Shash said... we always have a reason for rejecting a file. We just might not always explain it to the author of the stepfile.

Fair enough. Both of the files I sent you weren't that great anyway (awkward Fantasy and immature Z), but they were a good learning experience I guess. I will send you my first draft tonight.

Thanks.

BLAZZE- 01-18-2007 09:39 PM

I'm pretty sure my file was rejected either because:

a)un index friendly
b)sharpnel

DarkProdigy 01-18-2007 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exag0n and/or foilman8805 (Post 1100721)
I've been looking for the last 15 minutes for this song...I thought it was in Dance, but I can't seem to find it. Help?

Um. Arcade.

Rebirth0 01-18-2007 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLAZZE- (Post 1100725)
I'm pretty sure my file was rejected either because:

b)sharpnel

Whoring an artist doesn't matter in FFR. We can have as many Sharpnel sims as we want in here. It's probably because your file wasn't index friendly.

-Fallen- 01-18-2007 09:50 PM

Wow index friendly files? More than a handfull were bull**** retarded sims with the rating of )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Tasselfoot 01-18-2007 09:57 PM

blazze... it just sucked. i can play it again sometime when you bug me on AIM. but it really wasn't good.

and iwhai: see above... i edited in reasoning for why Intense Color was rejected. disconnected hazard did have something to do with the stream... probably other stuff also. you have to realize we're getting about 5 new files every day, and most of them we only play once.

BLAZZE- 01-18-2007 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot (Post 1100767)
blazze... it just sucked. i can play it again sometime when you bug me on AIM. but it really wasn't good.

I'll fix it up with a little bit more variety and make the unindexable parts more indexable. Then i'll resend it to you and bug you on AIM.

Iwhaiwnfi 01-18-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot (Post 1100702)
EDIT: the SGX song from Mario Paint... for me, it was just bland. like, there wasn't really anything wrong with it. there just wasn't anything in it to make it a good and fun file.

I could be wrong, but that sounds a lot like a difference in opinion.

Oh well. It's just another day off of school wasted on a stepfile. I'll try stepping something from those guys that gave me permission from NG.

travman301 01-18-2007 10:07 PM

I'm absolutley loving the ITG songs!

Xuxa, July, Destiny!

Can't wait!!!! Hopefully these won't be secret. ;)

hi19hi19 01-18-2007 11:58 PM

Eh?
What's wrong with Video Out A now?

I'll de-jack Anubis tomorrow I guess.

Also, I don't seem to see my stepfile for Idol on there, even though I swear I've submitted it like 6 times in various forms... was that rejected again, too?

Anyway, this list thingy is REALLY useful for keeping track of submissions. Thanks.

EDIT- Everybody, Destiny was a JOKE! Not all my sims suck, okay? Case in point: {Rose}

Shashakiro 01-18-2007 11:59 PM

Overstepped...too many jumps, basically.

itmorr 01-19-2007 12:08 AM

revolution mentioned love fighter, is there any possibility of getting the song on FFR? Also, Cranky rules.

-Fallen- 01-19-2007 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 1100972)
I'll de-jack Anubis tomorrow I guess.

"De-Jack" all your files seriously. That should apply for pretty much everyone.